What's new

HELP WANTED: Video Guides in Production

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
A handful of players from the MK community have recently decided to join in a greater effort to produce helpful videos of the highest quality possible. They will include polished and fully tested data concerning some, but not limited to, these areas:

- rushing; Performing runjabs, escaping rushdown, mixups, specific mathematical content like frame recovery and character exceptions.

- spacing; General zoning and its usefulness, trap setups, anticipating jumps and punishing them, the fundamentals of sweeping both offensively and defensively.

- character strengths and weaknesses; Very specific breakdowns of overall value in every normal and special move, rated matchups between characters with mathematical reasoning.

- miscellaneous valuable content; cancelling, glitches/glitch cancelling, pushback, recountering, juggling height and properties.

- combos... of course. :)

- more to be included later on after discussion

The point of it all is to progress the UMK3 community as far as possible, and ultimately bring the game to an exact science. (or at least close) There will be video guides for all skill levels, but most concepts will be advanced to expert material. We will do our best to make learning the grueling details of mathematics within the game worthwhile for you. It will actually be more fun than anything. ;)

Along with video guides there will likely also be raw written material for your more manual reference. Any video examples pertaining to tutorials will probably be posted on Youtube, UltimateMK, and ClassicMK for availability to all viewers.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a timely process that will demand close attention to detail. Please consider this before presenting untested info by yourself or info that doesn't pertain to this work. Thanks.

If you would like to lend a helping hand, please post here or send me a PM. Thank you much.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
might need to come up with a better thread topic, but players, definitely get your input on this, as clips will be posted and reviewed "by the committee" so to speak. This stuff is for you guys to help you learn. It's going to show you what to do in those situations where you think there's nothing you can do, or what to do to prevent it from happening. Get hype on this!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Don't be shy, guys. A handful of you are invaluable to this project as you play competitively quite a bit offline.

7h30n

Noob
Unfortunetaly I can't help you because I need help in all those areas.

So I wanted to say, if you do this that would be awesome! I wouldn't know how to thank you!

Good luck!

Could you guys use raw data for the project or would it require exclusively video data? I am a college student with little excess funds and cant afford to spend money on a graphics card. however, I am not a novice UMK3 player and am fluent in many of the most advanced aspects of the games mechanics (Different variations of Rep.s Infs' for example and other advance combos as well as other nuances of the game). I realize that people like Shock and Ded_'s technical knowledge is far superior to the rest of us, but I feel like i could be valuable in assisting in such a massive endeavor as no one person has the time to tackle a project this involved by themselves. I'd be happy to submit write ups of observations and whatever else I could do to help

Just want to help the community in anyway I can

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
School is taking all of my free time right now, but I'm working on frame data when possible.