What's new

Help please...

I am preety bad at Mortal Kombat, I've read the character guides but it would be much appreciated if someone could give me some advice on improving my unmasked sub-zero game. Anything said will be read gratefully.

Thankyou

Well, when I wanna learn a new character, I plug in my wired controller as Player 2 (With my wireless as Player 1) and then start a match in Arcade mode. Then I have the Move List up on my computer then i just play and try to get the combos down...

XL

Noob
If the character guides don't help much, there really isn't anything others can tell you that the guide didn't.

I'd just say to use him defensively and try to scout your opponent's every move. The ice clone should be on the screen as much as possible. Lure them into it as often as you can.

dreemernj

Ambassador
TheImmortalMan said:
I am preety bad at Mortal Kombat, I've read the character guides but it would be much appreciated if someone could give me some advice on improving my unmasked sub-zero game. Anything said will be read gratefully.

Thankyou
The guides are supplemental to playing.

There is no way to get good at the game without playing people, and getting your ass handed to you for at least a little while. If you are losing with Sub Zero, play a bunch, and during each match try to figure out when you are getting hurt.

Playing against Shock can be scary, but it can be even scarier to watch him play against n00bs because with his amount of experience he'll start calling out what they'll do next. And people will do the same things and get punished for them all the time. When you are starting out or if you've never focused on getting good before, it can be hard to realize you are even using the same patterns over and over again. So you have to find a way to recognize when you are getting hurt doing the same things over and over.

If you have a rock solid strategy, you can keep going for it even if occasionally they hurt you. Someone that is good at runjabbing with Kabal is likely to keep going for it even if they are taking damage during it.

I know I've never practiced any one strategy enough to be able to do that. If I am using a strategy and all of a sudden they break through and hurt me, that's the end of the strategy for me for at least a little while. At least that is when I am focused enough on the game to really pay attention to it. You have to keep an eye on that stuff until it becomes natural.

Maybe try to arrange matches with some folks from this site. There are a lot of really cool players here and they aren't going to shittalk someone for not being Godly at the game, and will probably have some really constructive advice for you.

Maybe try to arrange matches with some folks from this site. There are a lot of really cool players here and they aren't going to shittalk someone for not being Godly at the game, and will probably have some really constructive advice for you.

Agreed.

I will help you out send me a FR

abc ur dead0

Try some stuff out like Throw out a Hp, Hp, THEN do the ice Clone to make your Clone A bigger standing Target, otherwise its a small crouching one. Your gonna want to Get them frozen and Dish out the Big Combos. His uppercut is great, and His slide is fast so try to throw that out every once in a while. If You freeze someome in the air, Do a aaHP(anti air High punch) Then Freeze again. Then do another aahp, hp, and Jump kick. On its own its 35% add in a slide and you get 42% Big difference. Try to keep them guessing and On their toes.

Thanks abc ur dead0, i'd love to take you up on your offer but could you please tell me what you mean by FR? Excuse me if i'm being a real internet spaz by not knowing.

I'd google kaillera. I own mortal kombat trilogy for the playstation (greatest hits edition, not the buggy one) and would probably recommend it for the PC but I think most people on Kaillera have UMK3 (please anyone correct me if i'm wrong) so i'd get that. I find it a little hard to fight on the PC but i'm sure it is not above getting used to.

dreemernj

Ambassador
abc ur dead0 said:
Yea I dont Have Kailera. But im strongly considering it. Where can I find it? And UMK 3 OR Trilogy for PC. I want them both.
You can get mame32K .64 here: http://www.darktemplarz.com/downloads.php

.64 is the version most used on Kaillera. Nobody can post where to find UMK3 because the ROM for it is illegal and we can't be linking to where to find it.

MKT for PC is available every now and then in stores and on eBay. The problem with playing it online via Kaillera is that you have to rip the disc and run from file and the other person has to have the same copy of the file. You can play without doing that, but the chances of disconnects or CD Errors increases insanely. You also need to set the framerate limits and some other things the same on both comps.