What's new

Question - Demolition Help me

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
People usually complain about powerful toolsets that are easy to learn and develop within the first year of a game's life. That's why Bojutsu, Grandmaster, Thunder God and Summoner were attacked and nerfed while more complicated characters like Demo and all of Takeda went under the radar.

omooba

fear the moobs
People usually complain about powerful toolsets that are easy to learn and develop within the first year of a game's life. That's why Bojutsu, Grandmaster, Thunder God and Summoner were attacked and nerfed while more complicated characters like Demo and all of Takeda went under the radar.
so true. i miss day 1 thunder god but takeda was kinda ass

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Was Takeda actually ass though? He still had giant normals, great damage and plus frames. Sure, he had major weaknesses on knockdown or in pressure situations that warranted some buffs, but he most likely didn't deserve to be the gapless, safe, meter building monster he is now.

omooba

fear the moobs
Was Takeda actually ass though? He still had giant normals, great damage and plus frames. Sure, he had major weaknesses on knockdown or in pressure situations that warranted some buffs, but he most likely didn't deserve to be the gapless, safe, meter building monster he is now.
don't think kunai's were safe back in the day. lazer drop and pick up probably weren't plus and lastly so many peope had infinites against him. liu kang, kano, raiden just to name a few

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
don't think kunai's were safe back in the day. lazer drop and pick up probably weren't plus and lastly so many peope had infinites against him. liu kang, kano, raiden just to name a few
All the drop and pickup stuff was the exact same back then. Kunais were the same as well

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
^Point proven, Takeda had a lot of really good stuff back in the unpatched version of the game. And yes, he did need some buffs to deal with all the armor breaking looping pressure. But not as many as he ultimately received because he was perceived to be ass/garbage.

I feel this same argument can be Demo, although from what I remember she didn't receive a ton of buffs, but rather was undiscovered until recently. She still needs an adjustment though.

Tweedy

Noob
I'll break it down for you.

This is for a lot of characters. Obviously some will have a way around the second 50/50, after the initial 50/50.

You block the first 50/50, assuming she didn't leave you a gap to armor through B14. Essentially now you're stuck in a 50/50 of, block the bomb, or jump out/backdash/advancing move(if you have it lol). If she blows up the bomb right away, she's anywhere from -6 to around -11 depending on when the Demo player blows it up. If you delay the bomb slightly like Tarkatan players do with their rekkas, you'll be left at about -6 with no gap. Maybe -7. All I know is it's possible to block Mileena's roll with no gap.

So if you block the bomb, it's your turn. If she lets it rock, though, and then you block it, I don't know the exact frames, but she can easily guarantee another 50/50. You can't really armor out if she lets it rock, unless you have an armored move that really advances. You have to jump out, backdash if you're not in the corner, do something that advances, or just block the 50/50s until she's out of bombs, and has unloaded all of her EX nades on you. How many 50/50s can you block breh?

But hey what about Alien's 7% 50/50s that leave him at -7 or -15? BROKE

Tweedy

Noob
Another problem with Demo is, as Scar would say "when I throw out dat bomb, you got problems".

She controls the neutral vs characters like Alien and Mileena when that damn bomb is out. You'll see Demo players say "breh it be a resource", but reality is that, if a good demo player hits me, they've come up with combos to safely reload. If they have a couple bombs when I get hit, they're not going to give up oki to do it. Through the discoveries of demo players, this resource requirement, has basically become irrelevant. Shout out to Scar and that sheman dude.