What's new

Help me understand these moves.

Hi

Im completely new here, and havent fully accustomed to the terminology yet.
I read the General tactics guide (which is poorly written, btw) and the character moves guide, but im still missing out on a couple of things.

What are:
1) Run/Kara Jabs, and why are they called that way?
2) Glitch Canceling? I dont fully understand its concept, and wtf are those specials hit limits?
3) Pop-up combos?

These three are off the top of my head, there may still be more.

Oh and one more thing, i dont want to start a whole new thread for this, so ill ask here:
Why doesnt my MKT play music?
Is it b/c i play it on PS@? I should also note that it is a pirated version (sorry, no legal software available here), with 3 other MKs crammed into 1 disc. May it be that the soundtrack is completely removed to make space for the other games? Cause i cant even play it in my PC's DVD-ROM.
And also, the game freezes on some parts (eg not pressing start during the countdown, after 8 player tournament, etc), i heard its b/c of the compatibility issues with PS2. Is there any way to avoid this? It is really annoying.

Thx, and sorry for the wall of text.

Droopy

Noob
You know it might help your credibility by not having such a long ass forum username.

The general tactics wasnt poorly written, just poorly read. Theres nothing in there that i dont comprehend.

Oh and welcome to umk.com :)

You know it might help your credibility by not having such a long ass forum username.

The general tactics wasnt poorly written, just poorly read. Theres nothing in there that i dont comprehend.

Oh and welcome to umk.com :)

Yeah, sorry for the username, i noticed that too late, but ive already mailed admins to change/edit it so it looks normal.

And i wasnt trying to seem like an ass with that remark of mine about the guides, i just found them confusing, thats all. I read them multiple times, but i still need help, thats why im here asking for it, i wouldnt otherwise.
Also note that English i my 3rd language, so occasional mistakes and reading comprehension problems are inevitable.

thx

oBryant

Noob
Yeah, sorry for the username, i noticed that too late, but ive already mailed admins to change/edit it so it looks normal.

And i wasnt trying to seem like an ass with that remark of mine about the guides, i just found them confusing, thats all. I read them multiple times, but i still need help, thats why im here asking for it, i wouldnt otherwise.
Also note that English i my 3rd language, so occasional mistakes and reading comprehension problems are inevitable.

thx
a lot of strategy guides use there own video game jargon such as, kara jab.
just read back and try and find out what those specific words are.

Go back to the Strategy guides and read the basic again.. after every paragraph or so ask yourself what did you just read?

lets say its the kara jab you just read about.. kara jab is basically a LP (low punch) or HP (High punch) which tricks your opponent into thinking you are open for attack. but really behind that LP and/or HP is a block.

EX: KUNG LAO vs KABAL , I use a Kara jab to trick kabal into Spin dashing into me so i can block it and punish him.

How to do a kara jab, press LP and cancel with block

To cancel is to (in umk3) stop the animation of a move with another, yet the animation still has a hit box. animation is the lp. hit box is the area which the animation is active for conflicting damage of taking damage.

oh yeah and jargon is basically slang used in one or many different types of languages, topic's, work place's. kinda like code blue in a hospital or 10-4 when your a cop.

im just trying to make it simple as possible so you dont end up looking like an idiot like i did when i first started on here. and by the way this site is the site to visit if your looking for a challenge so welcome to umk.com =D

a lot of strategy guides use there own video game jargon such as, kara jab.
just read back and try and find out what those specific words are.

Go back to the Strategy guides and read the basic again.. after every paragraph or so ask yourself what did you just read?

lets say its the kara jab you just read about.. kara jab is basically a LP (low punch) or HP (High punch) which tricks your opponent into thinking you are open for attack. but really behind that LP and/or HP is a block.

EX: KUNG LAO vs KABAL , I use a Kara jab to trick kabal into Spin dashing into me so i can block it and punish him.

How to do a kara jab, press LP and cancel with block

To cancel is to (in umk3) stop the animation of a move with another, yet the animation still has a hit box. animation is the lp. hit box is the area which the animation is active for conflicting damage of taking damage.

oh yeah and jargon is basically slang used in one or many different types of languages, topic's, work place's. kinda like code blue in a hospital or 10-4 when your a cop.

im just trying to make it simple as possible so you dont end up looking like an idiot like i did when i first started on here. and by the way this site is the site to visit if your looking for a challenge so welcome to umk.com =D

thank you. I know what HP/LPs and jargon are, lol. I know the basic things, i just was confused.

Houzi

Noob
Welcome to Umk.com

You'll get a LOT of helpful information on this site that you won't get anywhere else.

;)

BEST MK SITE IN THE WORLD.........AMIRITE??? :)