What's new

General/Other Help me improve my game!

I've been consistently playing nightwing since release but I'd like to hear from other nightwing players what I could do better in actually games, bad habits I could change and strategies to use in ranked matches, take a look at a few of my ranked matches and tell me what you think please! :)

God, that music is horrible!

Why aren't you using Staff stance at all? I actually prefer it it Escrima.
Lol! It's some local music from people I know i wanted to get around that YouTube copyright junk,but I've actually started using staff in the end of the first video, but mobility is so important in this game I feel crippled :(

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Nevermind. I'm on PSN, and I use mostly staff stance at the moment. It is fantastic for pushing opponents into the corner quickly (Flying Grayson or b1) and keeping them there.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
My Xbox, stick, and game are all in a box. Won't be here until tomorrow. Being that I have nothing better to do. I'm going to pick this shit apart piece by piece.

0:05 - Did you really expect GL to NOT lift you here? It's the start of the match, he's going to use his highest priority move. Against GL, block and punish. Otherwise B2.

0:15 - good combo, but maybe go for the Flip Kick ender next time. It'll keep you right on top of GL. Right where you want to be.

0:20 - MB B3 and you would have traded the interactable damage for a 30% combo.

0:28 - For some reason you're jumping away from GL. Why?

0:44 - If you want to hit them with an overhead on wakeup - go with U3. I believe it's +8 on block.

0:50 - I'm going to assume you pressed entirely too many buttons and cancelled a string into a F3. String cancelling isn't a bad thing when used correctly, but you just gave up 2 bars for 21% damage.

1:00 - Raw MB DB2? Risky but it paid off. I'd like to have seen you hit confirm it.

1:17 - Staff MB B3 would have punished his use of interactable here. You probably could have even hit him with a Flying Grayson.

1:28 - He lifted you twice, against a good GL you would have lost anywhere from 30-40% health from the first time.

1:29 - Raw DB2. Here is an instance where it didn't pay off so well. A meter spent that could have gone towards a wager.

1:36 - Raw DB2. Wasted another meter. Stop doing this against a jump happy opponent.

You would be better served by uploading matches that you lose, so you can break them down and learn from your mistakes. This was a very Day 1 Green Lantern you faced.

My Xbox, stick, and game are all in a box. Won't be here until tomorrow. Being that I have nothing better to do. I'm going to pick this shit apart piece by piece.

0:05 - Did you really expect GL to NOT lift you here? It's the start of the match, he's going to use his highest priority move. Against GL, block and punish. Otherwise B2.

0:15 - good combo, but maybe go for the Flip Kick ender next time. It'll keep you right on top of GL. Right where you want to be.

0:20 - MB B3 and you would have traded the interactable damage for a 30% combo.

0:28 - For some reason you're jumping away from GL. Why?

0:44 - If you want to hit them with an overhead on wakeup - go with U3. I believe it's +8 on block.

0:50 - I'm going to assume you pressed entirely too many buttons and cancelled a string into a F3. String cancelling isn't a bad thing when used correctly, but you just gave up 2 bars for 21% damage.

1:00 - Raw MB DB2? Risky but it paid off. I'd like to have seen you hit confirm it.

1:17 - Staff MB B3 would have punished his use of interactable here. You probably could have even hit him with a Flying Grayson.

1:28 - He lifted you twice, against a good GL you would have lost anywhere from 30-40% health from the first time.

1:29 - Raw DB2. Here is an instance where it didn't pay off so well. A meter spent that could have gone towards a wager.

1:36 - Raw DB2. Wasted another meter. Stop doing this against a jump happy opponent.

You would be better served by uploading matches that you lose, so you can break them down and learn from your mistakes. This was a very Day 1 Green Lantern you faced.
Damn well I really appreciate the detail! Haha but yeah this video displays alot of my bad habits like the bounce cancels by accident and the DB2 that is constantly punished lol, but yeah I've improved my staff game a bit since this, but ill have to upload some like king of the hill gameplay with my friends I typically loose so that would prove better to judge me under pressure lol, ill add to this post.

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd