What's new

Help me, criticize my reptile

I WANT YOU GUYS TO BLOW ME UP, And hopefully help me out. Give me some feed back, tell me what I could do. And when I do dash, acid hand...those are input bugs or maybe just me. Third place in 32 man bracket. Hope I represented reptile well, I understand that I didnt abuse my invisibility and grab. But my instinct just took over because it is the finals, so I will implement them next time

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Kabal- Don't jump so much that will kill you in that matchup more times than not.
Also anytime you get over a buzz saw like you did punish with full combo.
More ex elbow dashes you need that advantage for a lot of matchups.
Nightwolf- more double dashes.
too many raw elbow dashes, more ex elbow dashes.
when you elbow dash in after forceballs you can't hesitate, dash in and jump to start the pressure.
when you are crossed up in the corner, do a reverse input slide. If you don't slide out of the corner you will AA slide, idk if this works consistently but I have had success with it, or just block or stay down because you don't really have any other reliable option.
Good stuff though dude, very good reptile.

After this tournament im starting to think reptile's ex moves are more important than breaker unless fighting against cyrax. And also we played casuals and tested out, 1 is an ok AA but 2.... is fucking god like. Sometimes it even hits jump kick. Thanks for the feedback

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
I fight that kabal match all the time ..( kabals my buddys main) its a tuff match and you handled it very well also I'm sure u know but I didn't see it after your 321 dash njp u can do 32 slow fb then 32 en fast fb 321 slide for 43% damage ...I'm a nobody but id like to think I'm decent with the few people I play. But good stuff dude ...oh and to throw people off on a blocked 321 throw in a en dash and go back to 321 u get plus 5 on a blocked en dash if they try to jump out they catch a full kombo.

I fight that kabal match all the time ..( kabals my buddys main) its a tuff match and you handled it very well also I'm sure u know but I didn't see it after your 321 dash njp u can do 32 slow fb then 32 en fast fb 321 slide for 43% damage ...I'm a nobody but id like to think I'm decent with the few people I play. But good stuff dude ...oh and to throw people off on a blocked 321 throw in a en dash and go back to 321 u get plus 5 on a blocked en dash if they try to jump out they catch a full kombo.
i know that combo actually, but in higher game play. that +5 damage from slide and and 1 bar isnt worth it. Reptile relies too much on meter to actually waste meter on a combo unless you could do invisibility inside of a combo (321 dash, njp, 4 ex fb, invin, 2f3 1+2). I swear man, ex fb and ex dash are retarded. I dont think its a tough match up, reptile has bullshit that kabal has to deal with. However, kabal do build meter better than reptile. 5-5, kabal advantage

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Will definitely watch these matches when I get home and give some feedback. I've been wanting to watch some videos of your reptile for awhile haha.

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
I didn't mean plus 5 damage btw I ment u get a 5 frame advantage on block witch means u can continue pressure. Plus u build mad meter so u pretty much get the meter back if they block and if they don't...u get full kombo

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Nice matches dude. I'd have to agree with Rep8417.

I'd throw a bit more as well. I don't think you did one all game.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Nice matches dude. I'd have to agree with Rep8417.

I'd throw a bit more as well. I don't think you did one all game.
Yep yer right throws are good for opening up yer opponent and give them something else to look out for. Another thing is after a ex elbow dash your I have found that a great that d3 acid works great after, if you want the combo you can ex acid hand and try to pop up for a combo. If yer opponent starts jumping out you can catch them with a njp then combo. Idle if this works on jumps back because most people are going to try to cross up punish d3 acid hand.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

@streetsweep187
This is what you said " I'm sure u know but I didn't see it after your 321 dash njp u can do 32 slow fb then 32 en fast fb 321 slide for 43% damage". And I said that this is a bad combo because meter could be used somewhere else more useful like using invisible combo or ex fb.

Btw, my BNB and other reptile's BNB are the same except that most reptiles usually do the NJP 32, fb, fb, 321 and I do NJP fb, 32, fb, 321 ect. Same damage, different combo (i think mine looks cooler though haha).

GhosT

Noob
Good matches. The dash after 321 acid hand was destroying night wolf. good job he was a pretty good NW. against kabal i think that match was free for you if you adjusted to the low fireball, thats what kept him in it. Like said earlier a few more throws would benefit you

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I hope I don't make any enemies by saying this, but why have you asked for this critique? If I submitted my matches everybody would say "not enough dashes" and "use bnb instead of all these small strings"....but then I'd just be playing like everyone else. And alot of people that have played me here will hopefully vouch that my Reptile is legit and can compete with good players. These critique threads nullify any possibility of an individual playstyle and just serve to make everybody play the same generic way. Again, not attacking anyone by saying this, just my $0.02.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I hope I don't make any enemies by saying this, but why have you asked for this critique? If I submitted my matches everybody would say "not enough dashes" and "use bnb instead of all these small strings"....but then I'd just be playing like everyone else. And alot of people that have played me here will hopefully vouch that my Reptile is legit and can compete with good players. These critique threads nullify any possibility of an individual playstyle and just serve to make everybody play the same generic way. Again, not attacking anyone by saying this, just my $0.02.
There's something wrong with this but I can't put my finger on it.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I can definitely see where you are coming from man and everyone should play a playstyle they are familiar with but that doesn't mean people get some helps and tips to improve themselves and learn how to deal with matchups.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Im not a reptile player but Im a damn good noob player and I saw you r performance with DR.

Both you guys were lacking in tht matchup. DR was just doing random telelslams and u were just not doing anything at all

Noob vs Reptile is 3.5-6.5

Reptile completely DESTROYS noob! Reptile gets in on his so fast its just insane. Your pressure and mixup game destroys his chances of escaping un scratched esp when u have meter. When u dash in and think noobs gonna throw a upknee delay it and throw out a slide b.c u jumped in on him like 6 times.

You tend to jump a lot and u dont seem to pressure a lot with reptile which is a big no no.

Also you never let noob zone u EVER! You can easily predict when noob throws a projectile fullscreen. React with a jump in to avoid it and command dash in b/c noobs recovery after shadow charge and shadow slide is 48 frames. This gives u enough time to get in and rock his world.

If you need anymore advice message the following reptiles b/c their the best of the best.

THTB
Sabin
CitizenSnips

idk if chris G has a tym account if he does the message him as well

Hope this helps

@Hitoshura
The problem I had with that noob was actually my lack of understanding of how upknee works. My fault was that I didnt space out correctly, I went to the lab and tested the range and stuff and I think I got it down. And I didnt know that upknee is +4 on block, I thought I could punish it on block.

Thanks for the tips, nevertheless its my first tournament haha still have much to learn. I do agree that reptile does destroy noob now after I found out the spacing of upknee

Hitoshura

Head Cage
@Hitoshura
The problem I had with that noob was actually my lack of understanding of how upknee works. My fault was that I didnt space out correctly, I went to the lab and tested the range and stuff and I think I got it down. And I didnt know that upknee is +4 on block, I thought I could punish it on block.

Thanks for the tips, nevertheless its my first tournament haha still have much to learn. I do agree that reptile does destroy noob now after I found out the spacing of upknee
ng

Yeah dude np. Im here to help. I saw u play and was like umm wtf is he doing lol. You will learn in time. if you have any questions on noob just post in the General Discussion Thread for the Noob Saibot part of the forum or message me or w/e lol

Also if he ever throws upknee out and u block and and he tries to poke u just dash b/c noobs fastest poke is 7 frames (D3) and he has to dash in to do so which is like 4 frames? so ur dash beats his d3 :)

Hitoshura
To be honest with you I went back and watched that replay at least 10 times, and asked myself "why the fuck did I do that?". Maybe just my nerves get on to me and I was just wasnt thinking... haha you learn something new every tournament

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Hitoshura
To be honest with you I went back and watched that replay at least 10 times, and asked myself "why the fuck did I do that?". Maybe just my nerves get on to me and I was just wasnt thinking... haha you learn something new every tournament
Its ur 1st tournament. i was like tht in my first few tournaments. You'll shake that off in no time. just keep ur head in the game and If you have to do so then listen to ur ipod to keep u focused on ur match and not to be distracted by background noise.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I already said what I thought in the MK Florida page on FB...but I'll say it again lol.

Just better patience on approaching. When you pick your spots more carefully, you have much safer openings and don't risk just getting hit back out.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
You jumped a bit too much when you put Kabal in the corner, but it was working so I guess you made the right call. You played pretty well, maybe try to mixup the block strings a bit more. Also noticed you were getting hit by lots of ground saws

You jumped a bit too much when you put Kabal in the corner, but it was working so I guess you made the right call. You played pretty well, maybe try to mixup the block strings a bit more. Also noticed you were getting hit by lots of ground saws
I believe my biggest weakness is just going in too quickly (like thtb said). I had no patient because of the crowd, hypeness and an impatient person lol. But my next tournament I will do better for sure..... Thanks for the input. Are you going to CEO?