What's new

Question - Unstoppable Help make my fingers not hurt

E

Eldriken

haha, the hype of this post could be felt through here

When you say just db2f, is it with release check on, or just pretty fast input?
No release check. Just input shortcuts. I just do b1 and let the d-pad go into neutral and just do db2f relatively quickly. Go give it a shot and you will see. It's fairly lenient for normals with slower startup (f2, b2, etc).

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Oh shit I have to try this. I gave up Jason because of how much I hated the execution for his b1 tic throw. Thanks!

One question though: when you say db2f, for the db2 part specifically, are you doing it as a single diagonal db directional press with 2, or as a motion from d to b+2, more like a tatsu?

E

Eldriken

Oh shit I have to try this. I gave up Jason because of how much I hated the execution for his b1 tic throw. Thanks!

One question though: when you say db2f, for the db2 part specifically, are you doing it as a single diagonal db directional press with 2, or as a motion from d to b+2, more like a tatsu?
Like a Tatsu.

Tatsu motion > 2 > f > tick throw successful!

This damn near eliminates the execution altogether. It's flippin' nuts. You still have to practice it, but holy shit. I did it 9/10 times after practicing it a few times. Before, I could do it maybe 2/10 or 3/10 times.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Like a Tatsu.

Tatsu motion > 2 > f > tick throw successful!

This damn near eliminates the execution altogether. It's flippin' nuts. You still have to practice it, but holy shit. I did it 9/10 times after practicing it a few times. Before, I could do it maybe 2/10 or 3/10 times.
Won't have the chance to verify any time soon but totally trusting you on this one and love you for it. (No homo)

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Gonna have to give this a try on quite a few characters. Gonna dust off the hitbox for this one.

Thx. Nice thread.

I have to try that DB2F :)
I like how Jason works but without command grab I rather play Sun God :)
My new daily challenge :)

What does "tatsu" motion mean?

EDIT1: I still do not really feel that move yet but once I could do B1 Db2F (according to the input list). But it was rather a db f2 than a clean db2 f. :)

EDIT2: its better lol with a bit more practice. If I mess the timing Jason simply do a B12 instead of B1 grab. Not a disaster stagger though lol.
Compared to Kotal DB2F is just the same but need to press that F... Damn that makes really more difficult. Thx NRS. Practice practice no easy execution (why not) :)

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I have to try that DB2F :)
I like how Jason works but without command grab I rather play Sun God :)
My new daily challenge :)

What does "tatsu" motion mean?

EDIT1: I still do not really feel that move yet but once I could do B1 Db2F (according to the input list). But it was rather a db f2 than a clean db2 f. :)

EDIT2: its better lol with a bit more practice. If I mess the timing Jason simply do a B12 instead of B1 grab. Not a disaster stagger though lol.
Compared to Kotal DB2F is just the same but need to press that F... Damn that makes really more difficult. Thx NRS. Practice practice no easy execution (why not) :)
A "tatsu" motion refers to the motion you would input in Street Fighter to do a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (aka "Hurricane Kick"). You press db and one of the three kick buttons.

So, in this case, you're being instructed to do b1 db2f (the db motion is the "tatsu" motion).

A "tatsu" motion refers to the motion you would input in Street Fighter to do a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (aka "Hurricane Kick"). You press db and one of the three kick buttons.

So, in this case, you're being instructed to do b1 db2f (the db motion is the "tatsu" motion).
Ohh that makes sense. I have not played SF. :)
I will practice it and will decide if I can make it on the long run. Doing few thick throws in a game might be okay but if my fingers just get tired fast and cant input it I will not be able to play with him on full capacity.
But I will give Jason a try (sun god will always with me hehe).

E

Eldriken

Ohh that makes sense. I have not played SF. :)
I will practice it and will decide if I can make it on the long run. Doing few thick throws in a game might be okay but if my fingers just get tired fast and cant input it I will not be able to play with him on full capacity.
But I will give Jason a try (sun god will always with me hehe).
I seriously suggest getting the muscle memory down for Jason's tick throws off of b1 and b3. They make a world of difference. Besides, like you said, if you screw up the input, you get b12 which is perfectly safe on block. :D

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I seriously suggest getting the muscle memory down for Jason's tick throws off of b1 and b3. They make a world of difference. Besides, like you said, if you screw up the input, you get b12 which is perfectly safe on block. :D
And sometimes tags people when they think you're gonna tick throw. Btw coming back to this character felt like a freaking breath of fresh air holy shit. Have not one but two mids in the neutral and a ton of meterless safe damage? I forgot how beautiful Jason was.

Will do it. B1/B3 seem the most practical.
DB3 F2 seems the most easy execution however when I learn B1 DB2F it will be okay for B3 too.
D1/D3/D4 thick throw is easy too (D1 BF2).

S1 thick throw does not really seem practical but I am not an experienced Jason (yet).

Relentless has DB2 special (teleport) so Relentless players do not have that shortcut either... :)

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
This. It looks like it should have the hit advantage that Kotal's throw has. But no. Jason just stands there for however many frames just staring at their fucking body on the ground full screen away.

It's probably intentional. With that kind of hit advantage, you could probably get a free dd3/4.
You do get a free dd3/4 against characters who doesn't have an advancing wakeup that covers the distance, just buffer dd during Jason's recovery from the command grab so the buff will come immediately at 1st available frame.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
You do get a free dd3/4 against characters who doesn't have an advancing wakeup that covers the distance, just buffer dd during Jason's recovery from the command grab so the buff will come immediately at 1st available frame.
people with projectiles can also just wakeup projectile.

Guys that B1 DB2F (or DBF2 if you mess up lol) is really not that difficult (thank god).
I practiced just a bit and can execute it fairly well already.

One thing to watch: if you want to do the DB2F too fast you might skip the "D" part and just start with a diagonal position. In that case you do not get the move.
I started doing B1 DB2F just as fast as I do the B1 xx DB2 on Kotal Kahn... If you do the F moderately fast the move comes out so brilliant. Like you do a far sun ray. That is not so horrible at all (just put an F after it).

Of course I need more practice for muscle memory too but if you have the muscle memory from Kotal thick choke you will be able to do it as well. And you can practice it playing Kotal, too lol.

So the tip for DB2F is brilliant! :) That makes us unstoppable. :p

B3 DB2F however seems a bit more strict (need to do faster than B1) so maybe practicing DB3 F2 might be better it is much more relaxed (worst case you get a D3 xx command grab which is just 1 frame slower / less range and opponent might not block low lol).

EDIT: after 15-20 minutes practicing I feel the pain in my finger. :p It is not worse than practicing fireball cancel on Scorpion.

Last edited:

Beckmann_2420

I am the Infantry! FOLLOW ME!
Will do it. B1/B3 seem the most practical.
DB3 F2 seems the most easy execution however when I learn B1 DB2F it will be okay for B3 too.
D1/D3/D4 thick throw is easy too (D1 BF2).

S1 thick throw does not really seem practical but I am not an experienced Jason (yet).

Relentless has DB2 special (teleport) so Relentless players do not have that shortcut either... :)
Relentless player here... I gave up with b1 tick throw lol. I Just use 24, F2, D1, D4, and the lovely b3 + throw.

I'm trying to do this but I still haven't got it right at all just unwanted tbags lol

Relentless player here... I gave up with b1 tick throw lol. I Just use 24, F2, D1, D4, and the lovely b3 + throw.
I re-installed MKX on PC and tried the grab with keyboard. Well, keyboard makes everything so easy. Accurate, fast, really fast. I am thinking about learning playing on keyboard however it seems I need to build my muscle memory from scratch. :D
I did not try hitbox but keyboard seems quite practical from speed/accuracy point of view. However controller seems more comfortable than typing. :D Will think about it but it is fun messing with it.

EDIT: keyboard is more precise but controller is more fun and has better feeling overall. And after practicing a bit with keyboard I could do the thick grab better with controller, too. Need better muscle memory that's for sure. :)

Last edited: