What's new

Help make my Cassie mo' sassy?

sars

Noob
Nice F41xxDB1 hitconfirms on 2nd hit lol I do the same when I feel that 2nd will hit.

Reborn is pretty difficult however cancel into 16F Low is pretty silly from Scorp but still "works".
With really bad connection I rather block and may tech a throw however with better (up to 100 ms) I try to challenge it with S1.
There is enough frame to react + punish but still need to be on point as a bit slower S1 and walk back whiff punish works.

Challenge will force Reborn to use regular tele as well which is also punishable.

Yes 50/50 but after tele cancel he can not break away and need to hold the restand pressure. Risk reward is may not in Scorpion's favor with tele cancel.

I like playing Searing rage more as I do not like playing this 50/50 however against good recovery projectiles a tele cancel is safer than teleporting into a block (especially online).

I try to lab Jade but with Cassie I do not see any tech but remaining patient...
Yesterday I was counter picked as I started with Scorpion against Kitana then switched to Cassie then he switched to Jade lol. I almost caught him but could not punish fatal blow twice... need to practice it to have in the muscle.

Patient Jade is annoying with Scorpion too but I try to lab it. Only waiting for her to throw and teleport is not enough. :)
Yeah well he was canceling every time the first match so I knew he was gonna keep doing it until I punished it. I just hated how it always lagged right when I went to punish it in game 2. I’m not mad at people who use WiFi, I just want NRS to fix there bars on the connection so I could of denied it. Most the time when I get hit by a low after the teleport cancle it’s cause I’m either trying to tech or duck the throw.

Yeah well he was canceling every time the first match so I knew he was gonna keep doing it until I punished it. I just hated how it always lagged right when I went to punish it in game 2. I’m not mad at people who use WiFi, I just want NRS to fix there bars on the connection so I could of denied it. Most the time when I get hit by a low after the teleport cancle it’s cause I’m either trying to tech or duck the throw.
Hm in that case Scorpion guessed right (against throw bait). :)
That's why I rather do S1/F4 on reaction to teleport (and reading cancel) as it covers throw as well. No need to be exposed by ducking.
Of course with bad connection it is not really possible unless he does 16F move after cancel - but a bit less brainded Scorpion does walk back B1 to whiff punish late challenges. And you do not have too many frames to do an S1/F4.

Yes bad estimation of the conncetion by NRS is a general problem.
Wifi alone is not a problem because my friend uses wifi at home (wifi router is few meters away - and provides wired internet) and it is good with him (just rarely sux and probably not due to that).
I told him to use a cable to the router but no lol.

Last edited:

sars

Noob
Hm in that case Scorpion guessed right (against throw bait). :)
That's why I rather do S1/F4 on reaction to teleport (and reading cancel) as it covers throw as well. No need to be exposed by ducking.

Yes bad estimation of the conncetion by NRS is a general problem.
Wifi alone is not a problem because my friend uses wifi at home (wifi router is few meters away - and provides wired internet) and it is good with him (just rarely sux and probably not due to that).
I told him to use a cable to the router but no lol.
Yeah, I do like scorpions design. He’s just not my cup of tea. Yeah he did guess right a lot that first round. After that I kind of figured him out. Something about getting a Krushing Blow uppercut feels so good, I probably risk crouching way more than I should lol. I did hit master after this match so that’s good.

Yeah, I do like scorpions design. He’s just not my cup of tea. Yeah he did guess right a lot that first round. After that I kind of figured him out. Something about getting a Krushing Blow uppercut feels so good, I probably risk crouching way more than I should lol. I did hit master after this match so that’s good.
GG.
I like Scorpion design except tele cancel.
Against a good opponent it is not easy to open him up. With Cassie it is way easier according to my experience.
But I can not deny that with Reborn 50/50 it is easier to open people up for taking the risk. I just do not like using that 50/50 button over using my footsie skills - and I am not a pro player so I can live without it.
I play how it is fun to me.

Therefore I feel satisfaction after a walk back poke whiff punish...but it is just called "free win due to Scorpion bypass neutral". With Cassie F4 solves any disrespect problem no need extra poke for advantage or risk a walk back (and throw like crazy to force button press).

But "Cassie is also autofootsie brainded" so I cant feel too bad with either character. :)

Last edited:

sars

Noob
GG.
I like Scorpion design except tele cancel.
Against a good opponent it is not easy to open him up. With Cassie it is way easier according to my experience.

Therefore I feel satisfaction after a walk back poke whiff punish...but it is just called "free win due to Scorpion bypass neutral". With Cassie F4 solves any disrespect problem no need extra poke for advantage or risk a walk back (and throw like crazy to force button press).

But "Cassie is also autofootsie brainded" so I cant feel too bad with either character. :)
I think he good but not OP like everyone thinks. Just need to play smart against him. Can’t overcommit and need to force him to make mistakes. I don’t actually run into a bunch like everyone else seems to do though. He can punish any mistake with teleport so I just try to play safe. Keep my distance, punish his spear, and wait for a teleport. It’s really a patient game with scorpion. I think a patient scorpion is way harder to play than one that just tries to rush you down.

I think he good but not OP like everyone thinks. Just need to play smart against him. Can’t overcommit and need to force him to make mistakes. I don’t actually run into a bunch like everyone else seems to do though. He can punish any mistake with teleport so I just try to play safe. Keep my distance, punish his spear, and wait for a teleport. It’s really a patient game with scorpion. I think a patient scorpion is way harder to play than one that just tries to rush you down.
I agree.
And that is one reason of the complains: opponent needs to be "too respectful", "too patient", "too fuck neutral", "too bypass neutral", "I can't zone".
Lot of people think it is not fair to play more carefully when Scorpion just dropping teleports etc.

But I do not want to bring Scorpion here. I think Cassie can manage Scorpion pretty well - according to my experience.
I can not say she wins the match up but she has good answers for Scorpion tools.
Scorpion needs to be really patient against Cassie too. :)

You say playing smart while others say "Cassie is brainded".. :p

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Online tournament match (1st one for this game) from PL's sub event. I did miss some stuff due to online delay though. Like F41 into fatal blow. Input error on certain matches that cost me & some hit confirms I missed. Do keep in mind though if you have critique that I did miss a lot because of online even an unwanted button while blocking (Raiden, Liu Kang, & Jax). Even Scorpion I couldn't react to because of online granted Octo is very good. It was honestly why I had picked Sonya instead of it being a "bad match up" (which I really don't think it is).
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439243858?filter=archives&sort=tim
1:12:29

This match was for the top 7 for KOTH

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439648962
1:29:09
2:08:31
1:45:45
2:08:42
2:28:53 & another after
2:51:15 & another after
3:15:25

You may or may not be able to see it if it's subs only. He said he was going to upload eventually. So if not, then I'll have to repost when he gets them up. I'll upload more soon. I just wanted to see if you see anything different than what I saw when I looked back over them.

sars

Noob
I actually played really bad, but I’m glad I beat this tea bagger. I don’t care if you fatality me or hit me with a fatal blow when game is over, but I can’t stand people who waist the whole time just tea bagging. Stopped his lvl up to Demi god also.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I actually played really bad, but I’m glad I beat this tea bagger. I don’t care if you fatality me or hit me with a fatal blow when game is over, but I can’t stand people who waist the whole time just tea bagging. Stopped his lvl up to Demi god also.
Wow he did it in game too, what a douche. Nice job beating him!

I thought only Scorpion is T-bagged when lose (as Scorpion no fundamental free win lol).
But yeah Cassie brainded Top1 also deserves T-Bag.
Maybe poor guy was T-bagged all day and wanted to give back.

Or he was simply a prick. :)

I have not played for 3 days and was middle of the masters and got grandmaster opponents... well opponents became more competitive (top tiers, focusing like hell, fatality, etc.).
I can imagine that more T-bagger will be there too. :)

Just wanna say thx to @Vslayer, @lionheart21, @STB Sgt Reed , @Circus, and everybody else here in the Cassie forum for taking the time to lend a helping hand! FINALLY made it to demi God and I'm feeling LOADS better about my future with Cassie in mk11. Still have some work to do but that's the entire point of playing to begin with...thx again guys!

Edit: had to shout out @LawAbidingCitizen as well for the Psych lesson... TRULY made a difference in my game tonight... Most importantly BETWEEN games when I was more apt to focus on what I NEED to do as opposed to what I WANT to do

Last edited:
I really REALLY strive to be that "different" Cassie and I think that's finally starting to show little by little... Funny how you "hit the gas" in this game by "pumping your brakes" a bit... If that makes sense

It was crazy man... I'd keep getting the rank up match and get some lousy match up.... Be it bad connection, spam artist Scarlet, or lose to a YOLO Erron Black FB... SOMETHING has kept me from demi God for 2 bastard ass days! Lol

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Aaaaaaaand it's gone lol! At least the competition is where I would like it to be... Nice to finally be able to go into ranked and face quality opponents 8/10 times
Hey at least you got it. Just strive to get a rank higher each season and let's be real, the game has been out for 2 months. 2 months from now, we'll be crying cause Elder God is so hard to maintain ;)

Aaaaaaaand it's gone lol! At least the competition is where I would like it to be... Nice to finally be able to go into ranked and face quality opponents 8/10 times
In my good ping region (EU) I am in the grandmaster rank and the quality is not that high compared to my probably average quality. :D But obviously better than on lower rank.

50% winrate is good average and as I saw with that the grandmaster-demi god level is possible. Above that it might require better winrate (you lose more points) which results in probably better players (except disconnect wifi warriors). :)

Winrate is not a pure quality definition though just an indicator for the quality of environment (I started with 30/5 which meant the opponents were really bad and nowadays I win in 2:1 which means that the environment is still favorable to me - but probably with a bit more play I will reach the point where similar skill level players give me 50% winrate and I will not be able to rank up and reach the point where everyone just streamrolling me). :D

But I abandoned KL a bit as not the quality but the bad attitude and disconnect/wifi lag rate increased and that pissed me off. I probably will play good players here from TYM as I write to the status bar. :D

I would even play with you guys with 200 ping for fun but that might be not "quality".

Last edited:
In my good ping region (EU) I am in the grandmaster rank and the quality is not that high compared to my probably average quality. :D But obviously better than on lower rank.

50% winrate is good average and as I saw with that the grandmaster-demi god level is possible. Above that it might require better winrate (you lose more points) which results in probably better players (except disconnect wifi warriors). :)

Winrate is not a pure quality definition though just an indicator for the quality of environment (I started with 30/5 which meant the opponents were really bad and nowadays I win in 2:1 which means that the environment is still favorable to me - but probably with a bit more play I will reach the point where similar skill level players give me 50% winrate and I will not be able to rank up and reach the point where everyone just streamrolling me). :D

But I abandoned KL a bit as not the quality but the bad attitude and disconnect/wifi lag rate increased and that pissed me off. I probably will play good players here from TYM as I write to the status bar. :D

I would even play with you guys with 200 ping for fun but that might be not "quality".
That's the way grand Master was for me too... Just seemed like everybody there was farming a win/loss ratio as opposed to putting actual effort into the meta and getting BETTER for whatever reason but I suppose all games have that "issue"... I mean, nobody enjoys losing but I would much rather have a fuck all record and be good than have a "top of the leader board" record and get bodied by good players if that makes sense... Just like these plug pullers lately...
On a separate note I had a 6 game winning streak erased last night outta the blue...accepted an invite to a KOTH and there was an error... Went back in and out said 0 wins BUT kept all my logistics and even the match replays showed the wins lmao! I guess yall need to back out of online or something before you accept invites

That's the way grand Master was for me too... Just seemed like everybody there was farming a win/loss ratio as opposed to putting actual effort into the meta and getting BETTER for whatever reason but I suppose all games have that "issue"... I mean, nobody enjoys losing but I would much rather have a fuck all record and be good than have a "top of the leader board" record and get bodied by good players if that makes sense... Just like these plug pullers lately...
On a separate note I had a 6 game winning streak erased last night outta the blue...accepted an invite to a KOTH and there was an error... Went back in and out said 0 wins BUT kept all my logistics and even the match replays showed the wins lmao! I guess yall need to back out of online or something before you accept invites
That's why actual stat does not really matter just an indicator.
In IJ2 I had below 50% winrate in Kasual because if I won they left immediately but I played even until 0/20 to learn the match up. :) I did not felt me a bad player.

I would do the same here but fortunately the game is new and I am not 2 years behind and the opponent knows the match up even less than me...
I just played few Kasuals and no surprise the good stat players quited after few losses instead of trying to learn. :D
So it looks like not better than Ranked but at least I can choose the ping (still ran into 98 ping wifi player and it was rather 2-300 in game - I just quited).
I also quited several times when I experienced wifi player in Ranked and the connection was so trash. It was much better to my nervous system lol.

I am always hoping facing a good opponent who I can play a long set in Kasual instead of playing 2-3 matches in Ranked that's why I try to play it.