What's new

Help- how to Punish teleport quick 3

SpideR

Noob
hi, please need help to punish Kung lao teleport + quick 3. my friend use ever and allways hit first, no matter if i use antiair, specials moves, down 3, down 4, or uppercup.
the characters i use: Ermac, Jax, Liu Kang, Smoke, Sub-zero and Noob

NKZero

Noob
the one thing you didn't mention is the one thing i would suggest and that's D1. if you D1 with ermac, you can link it into the TKS for some pretty good damage. Same thing applies to Jax, do a D1 then juggle with 12's and possibly end with dash punch or whatever. I don't know why D3 isn't working for you tbh perhaps you are timing it wrong. The only other character I can advise you on is Sub Zero. He has a real problem dealing with Lao's teleport into 3 because of his hit box. Anyways I don't play Sub Zero vs Lao but perhaps try D4 into ice ball. Or if you read his teleports, step back, 22-ice ball-(B1)2-212-slide.

To summarise, I think the best option is D1 but other low pokes should work too since they lower your hit-box. Always crouch block against Lao anyways. His overheads are easy to see coming so fuzzy guarding will work. Another option to use is an armoured move if you are really struggling with a punish. Something like Jax's overhead smash or maybe gotcha grab (does that have armour?). Hope this helps!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Dash away and do a normal/special

His teleport isnt supposed to be punished by standing in the same spot that he can hit you in.

Theme

Noob
Really? My friend always uppercuts my teleport 3. Hes used Raiden, Sub Zero, Kabal, Smoke, Liu, Scorpion to uppercut me every time. Sometimes my kick gets off first, but 80% of the time, if he commits to uppercutting my teleport, he usually lands it before I Land my teleport 3.

mekane

Noob
thanks guys...I will practice this week dash away

Gotcha grab dosent have armor :(
jax? the air gotcha grab you are invincible against airborne opponents. i woudl think this would be a very very easy punish, although you can get more damage with his d1-1-1-1-1-12-dash punch combo

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Really? My friend always uppercuts my teleport 3. Hes used Raiden, Sub Zero, Kabal, Smoke, Liu, Scorpion to uppercut me every time. Sometimes my kick gets off first, but 80% of the time, if he commits to uppercutting my teleport, he usually lands it before I Land my teleport 3.
A 20% chance of getting caught in a 45% combo is too high.

Its better to get a gauranteed punish of more damage, than a potential punish of less damage.

The dash away combos usually do more damage than D1 combos

mekane

Noob
A 20% chance of getting caught in a 45% combo is too high.

Its better to get a gauranteed punish of more damage, than a potential punish of less damage.

The dash away combos usually do more damage than D1 combos
Is Kung Lao able to combo off the quick 3, though? the kick as he's coming up from his teleport? seems like when i play him i can only get a combo when i wait to come down and do the 3.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Is Kung Lao able to combo off the quick 3, though? the kick as he's coming up from his teleport? seems like when i play him i can only get a combo when i wait to come down and do the 3.
Theres 2 types of teleport 3.

If you do it instantly I think its something like a 7frame move, but you cant combo from it. Which seems like most people get caught by.
Do it delayed and you can combo off it.

Dashing away means it doesnt matter what teleport attack he does or how fast he does it because the amount of time he takes to recover when he misses is just so long.

mekane

Noob
Theres 2 types of teleport 3.

If you do it instantly I think its something like a 7frame move, but you cant combo from it. Which seems like most people get caught by.
Do it delayed and you can combo off it.

Dashing away means it doesnt matter what teleport attack he does or how fast he does it because the amount of time he takes to recover when he misses is just so long.
OK - that is what I thought, thanks.