Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Kuatan Warrior

• Tigrar Fury

• Total voters

SHOKAN

"I will give you a warrior's death"
Is it just me or Goro (Dragon fangs) is a really bad matchup against kenshi (kenjutsu). I'm having trouble getting in on kenshi. He can stand full screen and just use his teli grab special or force push to keep me out.

As a Goro player what should I do in this situation? I know you can neutral crouch, then move forward but then he can just force push me once I get close.

Also what should I do to punish his blocked special moves, specifically df1 and db1. Goro can't seem to punish fast enough. In training mode I set kenshi to reversal and try to punish his df1 or db1. I can punish with b12 then cancel into punch walk but the timing is super tight and hard to do online in a real match. That doesn't make sense to me because on block kenshi is -12 or -14 (I forgot). So what do I punish with?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Espio

Kokomo
Nobody can do anything about if the lag prevents you from punishing though, that's 100% out of anybody's hands. Rising sword is punishable by back 1,2 up 2 for 33% meterless. Command grab punishes the other sword attack for almost 20% meterless.

The only zoning tool he has that reaches full screen is tele toss and it has almost a second of recovery so you make one right read and you're in easily. The other two zoning options only reach in the range forward 3 reaches so at that range he has to guess between your plus on block advancing armor, forward 3 and other options. And he's negative enough that if you block you get a forward 3 check that you can cancel into plus 12.

Goro can run and walk like a normal character now so there's no reason for there to really be any issues. Even pre-patch Goro did fine versus all Kenshi variations. If Kenjutsu really has you bothered, just use Tigrar Fury, but any variation is more than capable of regulating Kenshi especially Dragon Fangs. But you're better than Kenshi up close so why try to stay full screen?

You can really just for the most part play outside of the ranges of most of his options and if you make him whiff he has to hold your advance and possible frame trap pressure. He's not really a zoner I'd classify as an issue for anybody, but especially not Goro now.

Decay

King of the Bill
The way I play it is slowly move in and have him make a mistake when you're close. You can punish a lot of things if you're good at scouting them out. Duck the highs and slide up in them DMs