What's new

Help Dealing with Super Girl and Her Teleport/Zone

thekablamster

It's good to be green (uses orange lantern skin)
I seem to be getting bodied by supergirls in ranked. I'm not sure what I should react with because I get crossed up like everytime she throws it out. Crouching works sometimes but I have to respect her meter through out the fight in fear of the OH teleport. What do I do?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
While I'm not sure what the startup on Supergirl's teleport is exactly, it's definitely slow enough to be reactable. Issue is that this is very hard to do online, so you'll have to either hold that or read that she's going to do it.

As for lasers, air lasers are quite - on block for Supergirl, so it may give you a check with the DB2 lantern.

thekablamster

What do I do on read? D2 doesn't seem to be consistent.
While I'm not sure what the startup on Supergirl's teleport is exactly, it's definitely slow enough to be reactable. Issue is that this is very hard to do online, so you'll have to either hold that or read that she's going to do it.

As for lasers, air lasers are quite - on block for Supergirl, so it may give you a check with the DB2 lantern.

DDutchguy

What do I do on read? D2 doesn't seem to be consistent.
Block it. If she doesn't have meter you can duck the teleport, if she does have meter you have to block it in reverse (so you have to walk forward when she's doing the teleport). Both versions are very punishable on whiff and on block.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I seem to be getting bodied by supergirls in ranked. I'm not sure what I should react with because I get crossed up like everytime she throws it out. Crouching works sometimes but I have to respect her meter through out the fight in fear of the OH teleport. What do I do?
I can't speak of this to Green Lantern, but I can offer some general tips. As Dutch mentioned, lasers are negative on block and fairly narrow. If you learn the spacing and angles on them, you can get around them with practice (like anyone's zoning). It just requires patience and more effort on your part than theirs, which is why it seems ineffective.

For teleport, both the MB and normal options are punishable. I would suggest paying closer attention to your opponent's teleport habits. I know in ranked it's only one match at a time. But even after two teleports, you can start seeing the range and condition under which they start using it. Keep an eye out for that and you can begin punishing them super easily.

In both cases, you just have to play less of a ranged game as both offer nice checks or counters to zoning.

thekablamster

I can't speak of this to Green Lantern, but I can offer some general tips. As Dutch mentioned, lasers are negative on block and fairly narrow. If you learn the spacing and angles on them, you can get around them with practice (like anyone's zoning). It just requires patience and more effort on your part than theirs, which is why it seems ineffective.

For teleport, both the MB and normal options are punishable. I would suggest paying closer attention to your opponent's teleport habits. I know in ranked it's only one match at a time. But even after two teleports, you can start seeing the range and condition under which they start using it. Keep an eye out for that and you can begin punishing them super easily.

In both cases, you just have to play less of a ranged game as both offer nice checks or counters to zoning.
You're spot on with that. Also too like he had said as well ranked reactions are tougher, I don't seem to have a problem in practice. And I have noticed that her lasers seem to be fairly negative so I can dash in on block which is nice. Thanks for the reply.

DDutchguy

And I have noticed that her lasers seem to be fairly negative so I can dash in on block which is nice.
I suggest taking a quick look at the frame data on her lasers, because only the air lasers are very minus on block. Ground lasers are sometimes even +.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
You're spot on with that. Also too like he had said as well ranked reactions are tougher, I don't seem to have a problem in practice. And I have noticed that her lasers seem to be fairly negative so I can dash in on block which is nice. Thanks for the reply.
Hey, that's why these forums are here. Many minds can make short work if they work together.