What's new

Help! D4 is butt-!

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
So I have been trying to learn this matchup with my small array of characters:
  • Skarlet
  • Freddy
  • Rain
Oddly enough, I do the best with rain despite how hard skarlet punishes that roll. But with that being said, the main problem I have with this sill bitch is her lowered hitbox. Now I will issue a caveat and say that I have only tested this MU online, so maybe offline I can do a lot better (im certain I can), but either way, some advice would be greatly appreciated...

My question: are there any ways I can whiff punish that D4? Like maybe step back and then dash back in?

Things I have tried, with decent success, but are tricky and not consistent are:
  • Freddy: D1/3 into NMS (wait for the whiff) then punish in the way you see fit
  • Skarlet: EX red dash~downslash into 40% BnB
  • Rain: EX Roundhouse cancel into 4,3 bubble into 40% BnB
So those things work well, but the skarlet one can be fuzzy guarded easily and the Rain one can be avoided on a good read. The freddy one is the only one that cannot be defended against, but that D1/3 into NMS isnt easy to pull off for me.

So what do you have? Any suggestions?

I tried to post this on MKU and got more ass advice than actual advice. . . so here I am!

-Ron

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
Cross over Jik bro.
Combos real good with all those characters
I tried that. I actually set mileena to duck, then tried to cross over jik, she made the shortest fall know to computer programming. With rain I could follow up with a 4,3, but the bubble did not connect (nor lightning), skarlets dagger didnt connect either. I think freddy can do a f4,2,1 into spikes, but I didnt test that. I really hate fighting this character. I feel like all the person has to do is walk toward me and D4 for days. . .

I tried that. I actually set mileena to duck, then tried to cross over jik, she made the shortest fall know to computer programming. With rain I could follow up with a 4,3, but the bubble did not connect (nor lightning), skarlets dagger didnt connect either. I think freddy can do a f4,2,1 into spikes, but I didnt test that. I really hate fighting this character. I feel like all the person has to do is walk toward me and D4 for days. . .
True that. Knock downs on crouch are hard to combo. A deep Jik can give you mad block advantage, but you could get AA from a second d4
Mileenas D4 is super hard to whiff punish compared to Sonya's. I think it's way better but until we see the collision regions no one will ever agree.
none the less a cross over Jik is the best option I know