What's new

Match-up Discussion help against hawk girl

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Her dash is unpunishable and she out zones arrow with her air mase. I mb b3 her dash when I'm expectin it but that only can go so far. Also in the corner I can't wake up for shit against her. any tips please

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I actually feel GA wins this match, but I haven't played that many Hawk Girls.

From far there isn't much Hawk can do to GA other than fly and throw projectiles. At this point, I just load up on ice arrows and try to snipe her out of the air or while landing. You are bound to hit her at some point and there isn't much risk invovled. Just do jump ice arrow or back ice arrow. When I hit her, I dash up and do b3, dash, sky alert, d2 xx ice load, 223 xx arrow (hold) dash up and continue f2d13 / b2 pressure in to new frozen arrow (either comboed or low/high if they block).

If you are in the lead, and Hawk is still content on flying and throwing projectiles, I suggest switching to fire arrows and keep sniping. Every hit does good damage and leads to a knock down. I would say that frozen arrow is by far the most important arrow in this matchup though, as Hawk's up close pressure can be pretty tight, and therefor a stray d1 xx arrow leading in to a full combo with set up, is awesome.

As for her corner pressure: d1 xx ice arrow, and if she blocks it, don't be affraid to push block to get out of the corner. Also use corner interactables or MB corner interactables.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I actually feel GA wins this match, but I haven't played that many Hawk Girls.

From far there isn't much Hawk can do to GA other than fly and throw projectiles. At this point, I just load up on ice arrows and try to snipe her out of the air or while landing. You are bound to hit her at some point and there isn't much risk invovled. Just do jump ice arrow or back ice arrow. When I hit her, I dash up and do b3, dash, sky alert, d2 xx ice load, 223 xx arrow (hold) dash up and continue f2d13 / b2 pressure in to new frozen arrow (either comboed or low/high if they block).

If you are in the lead, and Hawk is still content on flying and throwing projectiles, I suggest switching to fire arrows and keep sniping. Every hit does good damage and leads to a knock down. I would say that frozen arrow is by far the most important arrow in this matchup though, as Hawk's up close pressure can be pretty tight, and therefor a stray d1 xx arrow leading in to a full combo with set up, is awesome.

As for her corner pressure: d1 xx ice arrow, and if she blocks it, don't be affraid to push block to get out of the corner. Also use corner interactables or MB corner interactables.
green arrow does well in this MU, but things to watch out for in a good hawkgirl, never try to counter poke, if you get hit repeatly by d1 on block just back dash and do the fuzzy mix up, every d1 is a mix up with hawkgirl she can fly cancel, and evade off her d1 into instant overheads that make most d1's wiff and in the corner lead to 40% life gone. mid screen watch out for IAMT the downward version is overhead, and MB is completely safe unless they hit you on top of your head, HG can do massive damage in the corner and wake up for free unless you bait and punish with MB b3 everytime she wake up MC. punish block divekicks with d1 freeze arrow, the block stun is very short so as soon as you block the hit mash d1 arrow.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Just freeze arrow all day any time she tries her stupid air charge that has a million frames of invincibility and then follow up with combo of your choice. Dont try to get into the poking contest though, you will lose. Also, Don't try to do anything on knockdown that will be punished by her wakeup, since it is pretty much invulnerable on a stupid level. Also , jumping arrow will hit her at max height, even though it looks like it won't.

Niko Mar

Founding Member of the Fate Army
Green Arrow always wins because arrows are super effective against flying units (hope someone gets the reference lol).