What's new

Hellspawn (v3) Discussion

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
As I play with this variation more and more, I realize that it is very footsie heavy.

Like you really have to outplay your opponent to open them up. Hard to rely on staggers since he doesnt really have any good ones and his low damage means that you constantly have to out-footsie or mix your opponent up.

If anything, after playing this variation, you have a new found respect for proper footsie play lol

As I play with this variation more and more, I realize that it is very footsie heavy.

Like you really have to outplay your opponent to open them up. Hard to rely on staggers since he doesnt really have any good ones and his low damage means that you constantly have to out-footsie or mix your opponent up.

If anything, after playing this variation, you have a new found respect for proper footsie play lol
I think that's what I really like about him too. I'm glad he's not this brain dead safe 50/50 monster, with staggers and full screen zoning that everybody wanted and expected him to be. No offense to people who aren't jiving with him but I feel all of the people saying "hE's tOo SlOw" have shitty footsies, lol. Dude has a 7f D1 that's plus 15 on hit, correct me if I'm wrong but that's one of the best D1's in the game is it not? Top 5 forward and back dash and a wave dash that's on par with Kotal's. How much faster do people want him to be, lol.

I think this character is mad good, tough to say how good but he plays MK11 very well so far IMO. Hellspawn seems to fit my play style so I've basically only played this variation since day 1 but I think all 3 variations are super solid, The One is probably his best.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I think that's what I really like about him too. I'm glad he's not this brain dead safe 50/50 monster, with staggers and full screen zoning that everybody wanted and expected him to be. No offense to people who aren't jiving with him but I feel all of the people saying "hE's tOo SlOw" have shitty footsies, lol. Dude has a 7f D1 that's plus 15 on hit, correct me if I'm wrong but that's one of the best D1's in the game is it not? Top 5 forward and back dash and a wave dash that's on par with Kotal's. How much faster do people want him to be, lol.

I think this character is mad good, tough to say how good but he plays MK11 very well so far IMO. Hellspawn seems to fit my play style so I've basically only played this variation since day 1 but I think all 3 variations are super solid, The One is probably his best.
yea and I found his D4 to be an amazing footsie tool as well.

I guess it makes sense that he doesnt do a lot of damage consistently. He opens people up easily compared to v2 for instance

Any one got a combo for his 24u32 KB?? The most damage I'm getting is 26%... which seems kinda ass for a KB... I know v3 dont get a lot of damage off of combos but theres gotta be something I'm missing here.

Any one got a combo for his 24u32 KB?? The most damage I'm getting is 26%... which seems kinda ass for a KB... I know v3 dont get a lot of damage off of combos but theres gotta be something I'm missing here.
24U32 KB, J2, 24~BF2 amp does 26 and I can't seem to find anything more damaging. J3 instead of J2 does 274 but it pushes them away too far and I find it too inconsistent midscreen online. The One can add a float in there to cash out a little more damage.

Last edited:

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
I haven’t tried yet but does 24~db4d amp connect after the kb? It might give a minuscule boost in damage if it works

I think the buffs this variation needs is the grab needs to hit opponents blocking low OR db4 needs to launch for a combo mid screen. KB off 112 aside, his 11 punishes are abysmal. And 11 db4 11 command grab enhanced does like just over 20 anyway. which could be increased as well. Crazy how safe NRS played this variation. And db4 shouldn't combo after a b12 due to gravity, obviously. I also think his combo damage should be increased to what it is now when started with a JI 2. Puts his regular BNB off B1 at like 28 damage with no meter.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I think the buffs this variation needs is the grab needs to hit opponents blocking low OR db4 needs to launch for a combo mid screen.
1. The reasoning behind it being a true high is that it has the ability to cancel from any blockstrings, that's very powerful on a conditioned opponent. B12, U2/U3 should help you out on getting your opponent to stand block so you can get the command grab.

2. Unfortunately that will make V2 somewhat irrelevant (?) because of how safe V3 already is. V3 will be the de facto variation to use for this character if that happens.

Not trying to discourage positive conversation but buff talks like that would have a ripple effect across the board for this character. I do believe V1 needs help, so if we're going to ask for buffs directed it towards that variation