What's new

Hello!

kostikla

Noob
Hi folks,

Glad to finally join this community. I've stumbled upon it some time ago while playing MKX, but I didn't play competitively and just lurked around.
Played MK11 since day 1 and mostly played only towers/krypt, recently started doing online matches. Sadly due to towers I've managed to get a few bad habits that I can't get rid of that easily :)
My main is Kitana, although I've completed the character towers and learned Sonya, Sub Zero, Kabal, Geras, Noob Saibot, Baraka, and a bit of Jade (probably too much?)

I try to play mostly Sonya online because I really enjoy her, but then I get crushed and go with Kitana to get my revenge, which works most of the time.
I think I've wrapped my head around Frame Data finally, but mostly I try to learn what's safe/unsafe via playing online and getting a feel for it. It's a blessed feeling to get a full punish on somebody with 300-400 damage but I manage to do it not so often, even though I remember the combos.
I'm still a newbie to concepts like frame traps/jailing and most probably others -- actually remember on stumbling upon a sort of 'noob wiki' here or on MK subreddit but I can't find it now, so if it still exists and someone could link to it - I'll be very thankful! Also feel free to add me on PSN for 'scrims' and share any other info that can help me and others get better at the game :)

Thanks, good luck in your matches and see you online! :)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Welcome!

There are a lot of great resources for improving your game all around the forum.

If you’re looking for online training partners which will help you shake off those bad habits from playing the AI check out these threads:

Enjoy your stay!

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Hi folks,

Glad to finally join this community. I've stumbled upon it some time ago while playing MKX, but I didn't play competitively and just lurked around.
Played MK11 since day 1 and mostly played only towers/krypt, recently started doing online matches. Sadly due to towers I've managed to get a few bad habits that I can't get rid of that easily :)
My main is Kitana, although I've completed the character towers and learned Sonya, Sub Zero, Kabal, Geras, Noob Saibot, Baraka, and a bit of Jade (probably too much?)

I try to play mostly Sonya online because I really enjoy her, but then I get crushed and go with Kitana to get my revenge, which works most of the time.
I think I've wrapped my head around Frame Data finally, but mostly I try to learn what's safe/unsafe via playing online and getting a feel for it. It's a blessed feeling to get a full punish on somebody with 300-400 damage but I manage to do it not so often, even though I remember the combos.
I'm still a newbie to concepts like frame traps/jailing and most probably others -- actually remember on stumbling upon a sort of 'noob wiki' here or on MK subreddit but I can't find it now, so if it still exists and someone could link to it - I'll be very thankful! Also feel free to add me on PSN for 'scrims' and share any other info that can help me and others get better at the game :)

Thanks, good luck in your matches and see you online! :)
Welcome to the community! We're glad to have you join us @kostikla!

kostikla

Noob
Just to continue on with the list of tutorials, I found shujinkydink's videos pretty awesome too, lots of interesting content. If anyone finds more tutorials, please share! Looks like I need to listen to stuff over and over for 20 times for it to finally settle down in my mind.