What's new

Hello there, how is everyone?

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Premium Supporter
its like you're the school principal...you've only reprimanded me but never took the time to say "hi." with that said, i think you guys have built and have been vital in growing the MK community and FGC, but you guys dont get the credit or acknowledgement yall deserve. thank you for creating this platform. yall have made me a better player. S+tier job TYM Mods, and administrators.

trufenix

bye felicia
This is a noble effort, but it's very late. This place is barely holding together on mk news alone, and all the "serious" users have fled to discord.

What motivation do i have to come or stay now that no segment of the forum is safe from the trolls and downplay?

My honest recommendation is that it's time to expand to other games and regrow this splintered angry community.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Kurses in moose
Premium Supporter
This is a noble effort, but it's very late. This place is barely holding together on mk news alone, and all the "serious" users have fled to discord.

What motivation do i have to come or stay now that no segment of the forum is safe from the trolls and downplay?

My honest recommendation is that it's time to expand to other games and regrow this splintered angry community.
Unfortunately that’s true. We have moved onto discord because it’s so much easier and quicker to find games and chat with friends I made on here. The only downside is we come here less often. And it seems people here are much more interested in news than tech, which makes sense since a small portion play this game competitively.

I know I've been distant, but I'm still around. My interests have just shifted, plus there's work and real-life.

How have all of YOU been? And what do we need around here? Share your thoughts. :)
there needs to be a change in leadership and giving somebody like Crimson so much power has been the biggest mistake of the sites life. I have not logged in in months but I literally logged in just to say this. Either you think the way he does or he writes novels trying to personally attack people.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Some of you really need to chill. I don't know if I missed something that's gotten people upset, but it seems like every thread turns into a negative shitshow for almost no reason. Storms has been fairly inactive and just wanted to drop a quick hello and it's already happening again.

Not really his fault that players decided to leave. Discord is very popular and a TON of people use it, and it's the evolution of discussion forums. People have moved on to it and other services or sites like Reddit and others due to activity, scale, convenience, or personal reasons. The only thing they could really do about it is try to get more Discord implementation here to bring communities together and that's about it, but I'm sure that's easier said than done due to potential expenses.

This is why I said I don't know if I've missed something, because I haven't even seen much trolling? I remember some bigoted stuff happening a few months back but didn't the users responsible for it get banned? Pretty sure Storms made a quick statement about it, too.

Moving on, if you are talking about character or even game downplay then that has existed since the dawn of time. People have and will continue to rage and pretend like their character is the worst, or whatever game is the worst, not only on this site but every other site too, lol. Having an opinion about viability isn't a ban-able offense so their isn't really much they can do about this either.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to ignore users if you are tired of seeing their posts and you can also report users if you think they have done something wrong and the mods missed it. I do agree that moderation could be more active, but the site is really small, so the amount of active mods is really small and there can't really be one on 24/7 -- even fairly popular subreddits usually don't have mods active 24/7. So it's understand why that isn't the case.

there needs to be a change in leadership and giving somebody like Crimson so much power has been the biggest mistake of the sites life. I have not logged in in months but I literally logged in just to say this. Either you think the way he does or he writes novels trying to personally attack people.
I don't think Crimson personally attacks people but I'm willing to eat my words if I happen to be wrong. I've noticed some mods rush to threads to defend NRS over almost everything, and while this has admittedly annoyed me before, it really shouldn't matter because it's just their opinion about a video game. Anyway, all of that is unrelated to their status/power and none of it really matters anyway.

The real point I'm trying to get to is that Crimson may defend NRS on almost anything and end up disagreeing and arguing points with people on this site, but I've never seen said arguments get personal unless Crimson brings up past actions that a user has done, like stir up controversy just to make things negative, when the user might have attacked people in the past, etc, in which case it may be deserved or at the very least true to an extent. I've never seen Crimson personally attack people the way you are implying, but again, if you can point to an instance where that happened I will admit I'm wrong.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Unfortunately that’s true. We have moved onto discord because it’s so much easier and quicker to find games and chat with friends I made on here. The only downside is we come here less often. And it seems people here are much more interested in news than tech, which makes sense since a small portion play this game competitively.
Honestly, i think what this place needs to expand. Maybe not go all games, but definitely encourage some of the smaller games that get zero coverage on the big sites. It was nice having the KI kids here back in the day.

Metin

White Ramses
This site needs to be more open minded about criticisms on NRS and their games. Moderators immediately deleting every negative posts. This is ridicilous. Look at current topics, almost every title is about "how to balance this game or how to fix x character" if current NRS games are so good, why are we discussing that kind of things? Don't cheat yourselves, don't be angry on us. Everyone here loves MK games but if NRS made mistakes that disturb the fans let them know. Don't try to hide by online force. That solves nothing. i heard a lot of complaints about MK 11 and keep hearing them from my PSN friends. So Everyone knows this game still has a lot of problems that need to be fixed soon. This is more important than releasing dlcs.

STORMS

Owner / Director
Administrator
This site needs to be more open minded about criticisms on NRS and their games. Moderators immediately deleting every negative posts. This is ridicilous.
Yes, this shouldn't be happening...

Thanks for sharing that. I've clearly taken a step back from there, but I am trying to get back in it..

Eldriken

Rip and tear, until it is done.
Forum General
This site needs to be more open minded about criticisms on NRS and their games. Moderators immediately deleting every negative posts. This is ridicilous. Look at current topics, almost every title is about "how to balance this game or how to fix x character" if current NRS games are so good, why are we discussing that kind of things? Don't cheat yourselves, don't be angry on us. Everyone here loves MK games but if NRS made mistakes that disturb the fans let them know. Don't try to hide by online force. That solves nothing. i heard a lot of complaints about MK 11 and keep hearing them from my PSN friends. So Everyone knows this game still has a lot of problems that need to be fixed soon. This is more important than releasing dlcs.
What this site really needs is for people to stop saying "mods this" and "mods that". Everything we do is scrutinized and somehow us being a mod is thrown into the mixture like we're no longer human. We have "mod mode" and "not mod mode". Y'all being unable to distinguish the difference isn't our fault because you're all so quick to jump on the aforementioned bandwagon.

We don't delete comments bashing the game simply just because they're bashing the game. If they're worded in a way that's going to spark an uncivil discussion/argument, it's gone. If we don't, guess what happens? "THIS SITE IS SO TOXIC MODS DON'T DO ANYTHING" and all that lovely stuff.

You guys can't have your cake and eat it. Make up your minds with what you want. It's a fickle bunch around here and people need to stop being so narrow minded.

Eldriken

Rip and tear, until it is done.
Forum General
Yes, this shouldn't be happening...

Thanks for sharing that. I've clearly taken a step back from there, but I am trying to get back in it..
This isn't happening the way that he's making it out to be. It's hyperbole at its finest. Feel three to browse through these plethora of deleted comments in the vast array of threads that they're removed from. You'll be hard pressed to find them where it's without merit.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Premium Supporter
I know I've been distant, but I'm still around. My interests have just shifted, plus there's work and real-life.

How have all of YOU been? And what do we need around here? Share your thoughts. :)
Telling a large collection of people to move on from something they like and enjoy is kind of messed up...

BanTheTesters

“Only the BEST are asked to be Lin Kuei...”
Honestly, i think what this place needs to expand. Maybe not go all games, but definitely encourage some of the smaller games that get zero coverage on the big sites. It was nice having the KI kids here back in the day.
This definitely sounds like an interesting thought...

my question is if so what all would you like to see? News off topic stuff etc like we normally post for mk?

and for which games etc?