What's new

Hello Jade Players, I'm Kenshi and I own you.

Sigh... I can fight off Kenshi but it's just a tough match. As much as I can keep composure, it's just tough when you get pushed away. The fight to get close becomes hard after that. Sometimes I get through and succeed but clearly, I just want to be better against this matchup. Anybody got any hints. What to avoid, what I can punish with, whatever else I need to know? I would look in the punishment thread but I personally think, this deserves it's own thread.

Help a Jade brotha out.

NeoRussell

AssassiN

Noob
Sigh... I can fight off Kenshi but it's just a tough match. As much as I can keep composure, it's just tough when you get pushed away. The fight to get close becomes hard after that. Sometimes I get through and succeed but clearly, I just want to be better against this matchup. Anybody got any hints. What to avoid, what I can punish with, whatever else I need to know? I would look in the punishment thread but I personally think, this deserves it's own thread.

Help a Jade brotha out.

NeoRussell
Were you around for the Kenshi vs Jade Gauntlet held by Pig Of The Hut?
Pretty much showed and proved that Kenshi rapes Jade extremely hard.
I think people agreed that it was an 8-2 Kenshi MU.

ima cage player so i know how you feel. the best thing to do is pick up a character that does well against keshi. like lao

Espio

Kokomo
Props for sticking with Jade against Kenshi, the match is annoying, but no match is impossible :).

I find my strategy somewhat hard to explain, a lot of times I just play outside of shoulder range and move in and out to bait him to set up jumps. You kind of have to jump more against him then most characters because of his armor, fast specials etc.

You can punish blocked rising karma with back 1 for full combo from what I recall from watching Runway's punishment guide.

I sometimes bait wake up armor on Kenshi and use ex glow to get a full combo punish, but I'm sure you're already familar with that.

You can glow in between forward 3, 2 as well, so that's something to practice mastering, it'll defiinitely make the Kenshi player think more.

He's generally a safe character on most of his options.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Don't come in the Jade forum telling people not to play her.

NeoRussell
To be honest, Kenshi is an unpatched DLC with unfair moves all around. According to REO, he was going to get patched next, but it just never happened in the end.
Lol fine

Universal Kenshi tips:

Make him whiff a SC and punish(Can shadow kick punish it? Idk)
Get him cornered
Throw a projectile to make him reflect a few times, then when he thinks your going to throw projectile use whatever fast advancing special you have
Jump over SC once or twice, he can still AA but yolo

Really it just depends on the Kenshi player, if they are solid you will lose, but if they suck you have a chance.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Kenshi matchup breakdown:

He builds meter while Jade uses it and struggles to get in, dealing damage to her for free.
Jade will get one or two chances at dealing 40% damage to Kenshi while constantly eating 10-15% just while struggling to get in. And even if she gets the chance, he'll always have a breaker by just spamming spirit moves.

#1 reason why I cba with this game anymore:
Jade has an anti-zoning tool that doesn't work against zoning.

SLy

Noob
As of right now Jade Tech against Kenshi is very limited. Armor is our best hope of keeping the matchup winnable.
I think it honestly comes down to developing counter strategies against Kenshi Zoning strategies.

If you watch enough kenshi's you will start to see each has different Patterns to keep jade out. But its easier said then done..
LBSH The Spirit Charge is what stops Jade from playing and strategizing effectively.. They can throw it out in their sleep and its back to the drawingboards.

Negatives:
-Jade can't jump in front of him cause of his sword lift
-Can't jump from a distance cause of his push as well
-Can't overhead punch either cause EX Push tracks 100%
-Nothing you throw at him after a blocked push is past enough.
-One push sends you flying and you start climbing the ladder again.
-From a distance, he can guess freely with his slam sword and deal no damage
-His shadow punch kick combo tracks 100% and if you try to EX boomerang or shadow kick, he wins the trade.

Positive
-Sword Lift on block is uber negative but distance has to be precise to hit b1.
-Without bar in a corner, he is a sitting duck BUT you have to get him there.

Right now, all i can do is be patient and don't throw mindless moves. But it does get frustrating when you've worked so hard to get him contained and one move (Push) resets the game. I say Kenshi is the best counter against Jade.

NeoRussell

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Some jedi Jade tips:
- SC is -13 if you get hit on the ground and tech roll - you can shadow kick if you get hit from maximum proximity;
- SC is -10 on block - 12 reaches if SC is blocked max proximity, 4 can reach as well, but will hit him blocking; also u3 will hit him if he uses any other move right after, you can wait a bit and u3 him;
- d3's to avoid flurries and SK to get close and avoid downslashes is also a good strategy (watch RunwayMafia in the gauntlet).

If you get in SC range after a SK you should always jump on him or block a SC.
Watch some good JC players, they have extremely good spacing regarding SC (can't remember one now, but if you find Dizzy than watch it).
Also what I did to get Kenshi to the corner was using en-SK. I didn't care if I lost 1 bar of meter, Kenshi is dead meat in the corner. In spite of common belief, I believe meter is more important for en-SK than glow in this match-up.
Also try to end everything in 1 SK, not 2, since it will leave you close to him where you can bait wake-ups etc.
Btw, @Mr.Mileena did well against POTH in the gauntlet, watch his games maybe you'll find something useful for yourself. Maybe glow usage, since you're an aggressive player.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Things that might be of use (probably not):

On read, you can staff slam kenshi's shoulder.
Standing 4 makes shoulder whiff.

Seriously, though, this matchup is unwinnable and anyone who says otherwise wants to see you lose just so that they can see Jade on stream or for their own self-serving purposes. Jade just called me and told me that it's ok for you to counterpick against Kenshi. She suggested that her good friend Kung Lao might be of help to you.

I've been meaning to share something with Jade players for longest time now. It's a new tech that I've discovered a while back. I was finally able to get a buddy to help sit with me for 2 hours to record it. I'll have it ready by next week hopefully. It's a game changer on certain situations that makes her unstoppable. Unfortunately, it does not solve the Kenshi Problem.

NeoRussell

LOL, this is funny. I recorded the files and was gonna edit last night but they ended up being corrupted. I'll have to re-record the files again. Sigh...

NeoRussell

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You know what the worst part is?

The only way to make this match winnable for Jade would be for her to get nude.

And Kenshi can't fucking see.

9-1. This is just a beating of a matchup for her :(.