What's new

Hello. I'm SinisterSticks. Double check for alternate ID

Hello I read your policy of one TestYourMight ID per physical person.

I tried to recall my old username and password but I never got a reset email to the same email address I used before saying that I was a former member getting my password again.

I may have posted lightly from about 2007 to about 2010 when I was looking for alternate joystick builders to help me build my dream joystick.

I eventually went with someone who is on the "dragon punch" website (one of your policies says don't mention direct competitors to TestYourMight directly, so I coded it), and I used the dragon punch website mostly ever since. Now that the dragon punch website no longer has a fighting game forum, I've been trying to find a place to get my fighting game needs met.

I actually have a fairly big history on the dragon punch website. The username on that site and possibly an old one on this site is "tripletopper".

A lot of what I have to say to everyone about the subject of fighting games posted on my own URL, which is probably easy to guess based on my username but I'm not leaving a direct link, per TYM policy.

At least 90% of my posts on the dragon punch website was about handedness and video games in general and fight games more specifically. My first introduction of video games was in the early '80s arcade. My older brother couldn't figure out the rules of Pac-Man when he was around 11, but I watched the attract mode demo and understood the basic rules when I was six.

During that time a lot of arcade games gave you the option to play left handed stick / right handed buttons or vice versa. Also at around that time, of the eight video game consoles that were available in 1982 five of them had original Factory manufacturer ambidextrous controllers. Astrocade, Intellivision, ColecoVision, 5200, and Emerson all had factory default ambidextrous controllers.

I generally played with a right-handed joystick / left-handed buttons but sometimes I've gotten far enough where my hands gotten cramped and had to occasionally change whenever either I died or during a 5 Second intermission between levels.

Then the NES came along and got rid of two conventions simultaneously, both the joystick and right-handed controls. I have trouble performing well with these new kind of controllers. And the NES advantage felt backwards. I was more of a Beeshu guy, with their ambi layouts.

When I went to Canada in like 1992 I found one of those Mexican Street Fighters with the Rainbow Edition. I knew playing as Ryu and Ken back then which hit the trickiest move was the dragon punch and I was able to pull it off on the right-handed side with ease. Whereas normally the only way I could pull it off was to telegraph it.

I did something in the '90s that was considered very unusual to do in the fighting game Community, get a custom fight stick. I had to go through a handicap controller company known as K Y Enterprises.

Anyway enterprises built them well enough that if you had a handyman on call for your wheelchair needs already on your payroll that a joystick should be easy to fix. However if you did not have a government subsidized handyman to repair your joystick, good luck taking it to a repair shop because they think you have a bomb, especially back in the 90s when custom joysticks were unheard of.

But during those two sweet weeks where it worked I took it to a friend's house to play Street Fighter 2: new Challengers (that was the one most people were familiar with in our neighborhood.). I literally went from winless to undefeated.

One of my friends in my group couldn't believe the right-handed joystick made me better. I said I consider that a challenge and gave it to my friends and they were alternating beating him every time in kind of like what was considered a prison ladder match (win to get out of prison) and he was stuck in the cell for the whole night until we had mercy and tried it in left-handed stick mode then he got a couple wins from a couple of the people. But that particular model of that joystick was undefeated whether used by me or by four out of five of my friends with that fifth friend being the opponent.

And he was the local store level Blockbuster champion at the time, and in the 00s, he appeared on nationally televised cable video game competitions. So this guy was not exactly a slouch in terms of world ranking in video games all around. Because of your no call out policy I'll not mention his name but say that when I did mention his name it was not meant to degrade him, it was meant to say that my stick could overcome pretty high obstacles.

I just wanted to disclose the fact that I may have had an old tester might name though it didn't come up on the email return as resetting an old name. I don't know how long it takes before your name is considered canceled, but my old name may have been considered canceled just through lack of use.

I think based on my knowledge on how to make an ambidextrous fight stick, I think I can design an Eitherrealm model, a model of fightstick that is left or right handed with the unique "cross design" of the first Mortal Kombat arcade games, and incorporate the Run button on the thumb.

I'm on Social Security disability therefore feel free to use my ideas in any way you want. Let's just say I don't want money unless it's a boatload of money so big, that I could coast with medical bills for the rest of my life plus double my current norm⁹al spending income. Nickel and diming may actually hurt my Social Security status.

With that said, I'm kind of clumsy I never took any shop classes I know with physical work that needs to be exact I'm not that consistent with it. I'm looking for some guy who could do some physical work for my joysticks that is high quality and low maintenance, and incorporates my specific patterns of requiring ambidexterity and a couple other things that entails.

Reason why I come here is because this is the only website I could think of joystick builders/repairers for hire and is not repurposed by Sony.

Just fully and honestly disclosing myself as much as I remember now to show I read the terms and I don't want the dual identity to haunt me later. Might as well say it now and figure out what happened to my old ID.

If I don't get a return email from test your might, then it probably was a canceled account or auto canceled account?