What's new

Hello Guyz! Noobie

Phoenix said:
argeezy said:
Phoenix said:
argeezy said:
Hello, im new here, well here but definetlly not to mk.

I recentlly put mk trilogy on my psp slim (AWESOME) and and bought umk3 a few weeks ago on xbox live, my gamertag is argeezy send me a friend invite and we can play because umk3 on xbox live is getting really glitchy latelly.

I wanted to ask, im a reptile fan so i mainlly use him and occasionally kabal and sub zero but people call me cheap no matter which i use. Anyway im trying to master reptiles littlle run back and fourth punch infinite. Can i only do this on one specific opponent or does it depend? because i can only do the little back and fourth 2 times with the uppercut.

WOW agreezy your bad! I rape you with hSmoke you say nothing. I mirror your Reptile with mine, beat it, and all match you were making fun of me not doing x3 reptile juggles. I then Rape you with Ermac and you drop, talk shit and leave. Yeah not a very good first impression. All you do with reptile is slide, and its funny how you were making fun of my Reptile when 1. you lost, and 2 you couldn't even get x2 reptile juggles and only got 1 once :lol:

If you want help from better players, don't talk shit to them and don't leave either.

Man i just hate that smoke combo, nah ure way better than me i suck, i need to learn how to come offensivelly, i have a bad habbit of blocking then sliding...id love to play you again, no trash talk just to help me get better with reptile, my bad. I figured out his juggle i can do it....if you stand still lol but thats no happening, and like i said i have problems getting offence going without getting hit first...
Why come seeking help? I was there to give you some practice, but you talk shit and leave...? You have a long way to go.
You know you coulda hinted that while we were playing instead of just beating me up :roll:

HAYRON

Noob
argeezy said:
You know you coulda hinted that while we were playing instead of just beating me up :roll:
Yeah. That's one of the problems I have with the "elite/advanced" players you find online. They want to teach you by using their advanced techniques. Meanwhile, they do nothing to clue you in as to how these things are done.

And yeah, yeah I know this stuff is all detailed in the guides on this site. But sometimes you need to practice stuff......Against a human.....Online.

I get more use out of the guys who will whip me a few times. Then ease up for a round (but still win), so that I can try some stuff out, always giving me pointers along the way. I walk away a better player every time I find someone like this.

I'm not saying, Phoenix, that you are like this. I honestly don't know because we've only played a couple of times. But I do know that there are several people on this site that are this way.

I've been playing MK for years, but only against the CPU and everyone knows that playing the computer is nothing like playing a person. The game deepens exponentially when you have a real brain behind the opponent. And it's hard to adapt when you're labeled as a scrub and told to go away or repeatedly bludgeoned to death without so much as a "If you do this...., it would improve your game.

This site might be more widely accepted by the rest community as the premier spot for MK strategy if it weren't for the elitist (i know, and everybody else knows, you really are that good) attitude of a few (please notice the bold and italics) of it's members.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to help someone who talks shit to me. I didn't have a mic so I couldn't have hinted to him about anything. The best practice you can get is focusing on your opponents tactics, and trying to beat them. Not talking is the firts lesson when in a tournament based fight. Yes this was a casual match, but you need to treat every match like a tournament based match, or you will not get better. I, for a long time, stayed the same skill level b/c I only played randoms on XBL, and never tried my hardest against everyone. I then realized I wasn't being productive, so I tried my best in every fight.

Me picking Reptile is my way of easing up on you. He's my third worst character and I was just playing around. But then I hear you talking shit, so I then go to Ermac and I don't let up. I would have kept playing you but you left. Whats the point if you only want to play people you can beat. There's only a handful of players who can successfully win againnst EVERYONE 90% of the time, and those players are the best in the world.

I would offer advice but this game is a game where you need to learn by experience and not by what you've read, or heard. You can read all the UMK3 strategies you want, but when you go up against a person you should forget all of that. What you read gives you basic instuctions for normal situations. Playing someone who's a good player, you won't be able to beat them by "going by the book". You need to figure out how they play, and react like a cat to there offense, and be deffensive 100% of the time.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Ok since this is the noob thread is it looked downed upon for picking the same character? I get a lot of complaints because I use h.smoke most of the time, is this to be expected by all players including elitists?

HAYRON

Noob
Slips said:
Ok since this is the noob thread is it looked downed upon for picking the same character? I get a lot of complaints because I use h.smoke most of the time, is this to be expected by all players including elitists?
If you are good with him. Use him at least most of the time. It couldn't hurt to broaden your skill base, but otherwise your fine.

Tim Static

Adminerator
argeezy said:
That has to be the dumbest thing I think anybody has said on this board since DatBoyMook was here...(yikes!)

Getting your ass handed to you is the ONLY way your gonna get better. Period. End of story. Ask anybody, any high or even mid level player. But that shit is wack man. Don ever talk like that here. You'll be pussified forever for it...

HAYRON

Noob
Phoenix said:
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to help someone who talks shit to me. I didn't have a mic so I couldn't have hinted to him about anything. The best practice you can get is focusing on your opponents tactics, and trying to beat them. Not talking is the firts lesson when in a tournament based fight. Yes this was a casual match, but you need to treat every match like a tournament based match, or you will not get better. I, for a long time, stayed the same skill level b/c I only played randoms on XBL, and never tried my hardest against everyone. I then realized I wasn't being productive, so I tried my best in every fight.

Me picking Reptile is my way of easing up on you. He's my third worst character and I was just playing around. But then I hear you talking shit, so I then go to Ermac and I don't let up. I would have kept playing you but you left. Whats the point if you only want to play people you can beat. There's only a handful of players who can successfully win againnst EVERYONE 90% of the time, and those players are the best in the world.

I would offer advice but this game is a game where you need to learn by experience and not by what you've read, or heard. You can read all the UMK3 strategies you want, but when you go up against a person you should forget all of that. What you read gives you basic instuctions for normal situations. Playing someone who's a good player, you won't be able to beat them by "going by the book". You need to figure out how they play, and react like a cat to there offense, and be deffensive 100% of the time.
First, your right. I wouldn't deal with someone who trash talks either.

But second, you've proved my point about the whole elitist attitude.
Someone who is relatively low-skilled is not going to improve if all they do is play against people of high-level who want to stomp them with endless massive combos, without so much as a generous use of the vaseline. The only way for these guys to improve is to play guys at or slightly above their own level (hard to do as matchmaking seems to fail at pairing up same-skilled players. One minute I'm flawless'ing someone and the next someone is doing the same to me.)

Lastly, I don't remember leaving matches with you after one or two losses, and if I did, I certainly didn't do it because I was losing. I have no problem with losing as my ranked match record will show. If I was only out to play people I could beat, I certainly wouldn't even start matches with people who I know will win(though I have seen several people who do that), and my rank would reflect that. However, there have been times when I've lost to people 10+ times in a row and came back for more. But just the same, these are the people who have a good attitude and are willing to help. If I have left, it's not because I'm tired of losing (When I first started, I once lost 20+ in a row to a top-level player. Sad but true.), it's probably because I have some other responsibility (3 kids, wife, job, yard, dinner,.....) or because I've been invited to play something else. The only time I've ever quit because I'm losing is if the only thing the opponent will do is the same infinites over and over.

Other Lastly :) , And you can't say that a person is not going to get better if they talk. That's bull. Most of my improvement, while not necessarily major, has come through helpful pointers I've received talking to people, not by getting my rear-end handed to me.

I'm done arguing about this. It's my point of view, and I know for a fact there are others out there who share it.

HAYRON said:
Phoenix said:

First, your right. I wouldn't deal with someone who trash talks either.

But second, you've proved my point about the whole elitist attitude.
Someone who is relatively low-skilled is not going to improve if all they do is play against people of high-level who want to stomp them with endless massive combos, without so much as a generous use of the vaseline. The only way for these guys to improve is to play guys at or slightly above their own level (hard to do as matchmaking seems to fail at pairing up same-skilled players. One minute I'm flawless'ing someone and the next someone is doing the same to me.)

Lastly, I don't remember leaving matches with you after one or two losses, and if I did, I certainly didn't do it because I was losing. I have no problem with losing as my ranked match record will show. If I was only out to play people I could beat, I certainly wouldn't even start matches with people who I know will win(though I have seen several people who do that), and my rank would reflect that. However, there have been times when I've lost to people 10+ times in a row and came back for more. But just the same, these are the people who have a good attitude and are willing to help. If I have left, it's not because I'm tired of losing (When I first started, I once lost 20+ in a row to a top-level player. Sad but true.), it's probably because I have some other responsibility (3 kids, wife, job, yard, dinner,.....) or because I've been invited to play something else. The only time I've ever quit because I'm losing is if the only thing the opponent will do is the same infinites over and over.

Other Lastly :) , And you can't say that a person is not going to get better if they talk. That's bull. Most of my improvement, while not necessarily major, has come through helpful pointers I've received talking to people, not by getting my rear-end handed to me.

I'm done arguing about this. It's my point of view, and I know for a fact there are others out there who share it.
First, my post wasn't directed to you about the matches, but towards agreezy.

And how do expect to get better by playing people lower skilled than you if not just by a little? You have to play better players, and learn from how they play. If you play someone eqaul to less skilled, you'll always be at the same spot no matter what. Thats whay you go from noob to average fast in this game, but stay average for a very long time. Most people when they get to average, only play other average players. Doing this only helps with timing with combos, but doesn't help all that much in becomming better.

And I wasn't saying that you shouldn't talk when you play, but that when the other person doesn't have a mic, you shouldn't. In a tournament based game, you wouldn't ask your opponent for tips would ya? I wasn't treating that match as so, but how can we communicate with out mics? The best way to learn other than a walk through of "What should I do when this happens" is through personal experience.

And I love how at the end you try to negate a re-response by saying your done "arguing"... classic :roll:

HAYRON

Noob
Phoenix said:
And I love how at the end you try to negate a re-response by saying your done "arguing"... classic :roll:
Not at all. You're free to say what you like. I'm just saying that to get back onto the topic of the thread, I'm done arguing over something we won't agree on. I value your opinion as a skilled opponent.

Also, I think you misunderstood some of what I said about playing with people near your skill level, but 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

[/quote]
First, my post wasn't directed to you about the matches, but towards agreezy.

And how do expect to get better by playing people lower skilled than you if not just by a little? You have to play better players, and learn from how they play. If you play someone eqaul to less skilled, you'll always be at the same spot no matter what. Thats whay you go from noob to average fast in this game, but stay average for a very long time. Most people when they get to average, only play other average players. Doing this only helps with timing with combos, but doesn't help all that much in becomming better.

And I wasn't saying that you shouldn't talk when you play, but that when the other person doesn't have a mic, you shouldn't. In a tournament based game, you wouldn't ask your opponent for tips would ya? I wasn't treating that match as so, but how can we communicate with out mics? The best way to learn other than a walk through of "What should I do when this happens" is through personal experience.

And I love how at the end you try to negate a re-response by saying your done "arguing"... classic :roll:[/quote]

First...ure comment when towards no one because I dont recognize agreezy. Second, appareantlly you take this game much more seriouslly than i do...its a fun game that has its problem and just decided to get it again for the nostalgia, i wanted to learn a few things here and there but you know just to eat shit an play learn a thing or 2. W/e bro i dont play as if tournament just for the hell of it. I have no problem playing you again without a mic and no quit.

Phoenix said:
argeezy said:
Phoenix said:
argeezy said:
Phoenix said:
? Contradicting are we ? Whats the thread for explain?
I beleive it was timing on reptile dash inf?

I beleive thats what the thread is...
Oh for help right? Exactly my point.

no, advice :wink:
What the fuck is advice? HELP :roll:
no, a recommendation :wink: look can we just end this, you win, go celebrate.

K I didn't see where this thread went before I posted in the GG's one so I don't know.

In my opinion I find it helpful TO play against the people that totally annihilate me actually thats some of the funner times I have playing UMK3 that and people that are my exact level just so it stays competitive. I'll never quit when somebody's beasting me because I know that I'm going to eventually start adapting to them. I played one guy for about 40 minutes and won about 5 of the matches but I loved every second of it. The only reason I would quit is if I actually had to go. I'm more then willing to play somebody of higher skill then me no matter how much higher it is... Unless I have to hear you suck every 3 seconds... Everybody has to start building somewhere.

I go to work and this is what I come home to, this is the 3rd straight thread. Easy people EASY it's really not that serious :shock: