What's new

Hello everyone

MAG

That. Felt. GOOD.
Hello everyone, name is Matt. Never really took serious interest in fighting games, just lightly played different ones very casually over the years (didn't play I:GAU) but was having fun with I2, so actually going to try and get better. Slowly getting years of bad button mashing out of my system, working on actually properly hitting combos.

Jumped right into learning Red Hood, so far love his trait combos. Only character I have at level 20 at the moment (well only character above level 7 actually).

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Welcome! Do you play on PS4 or XB1? Where are you from? You might have a local scene nearby you could train with :)

MAG

That. Felt. GOOD.
Welcome! Do you play on PS4 or XB1? Where are you from? You might have a local scene nearby you could train with :)
PS4, haven't really looked into it but I doubt there is a local scene reasonably close since I live in Northern Michigan.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
PS4, haven't really looked into it but I doubt there is a local scene reasonably close since I live in Northern Michigan.
I know @Espio is in Michigan, perhaps he can help you out with finding others nearby you :cool:

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I know @Espio is in Michigan, perhaps he can help you out with finding others nearby you :cool:
By Northern Michigan, I assume he means the Upper Peninsula whereas the scene that I'm familiar with is down in Southeastern Michigan down by Detroit which is further or around the same distance as Chicago from a lot of parts in the Upper Peninsula so I assume it's nowhere near any reasonable range for him.

@MAG Am I correct in that assumption?

MAG

That. Felt. GOOD.
By Northern Michigan, I assume he means the Upper Peninsula whereas the scene that I'm familiar with is down in Southeastern Michigan down by Detroit which is further or around the same distance as Chicago from a lot of parts in the Upper Peninsula so I assume it's nowhere near any reasonable range for him.

@MAG Am I correct in that assumption?
Yeah, not exactly in the UP but closer to it than I am to Detroit and such. About a three hour drive or so from where I am to get down to Detroit.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Yeah, not exactly in the UP but closer to it than I am to Detroit and such. About a three hour drive or so from where I am to get down to Detroit.
Do you have facebook? I can link you to the Michigan FGC page if you're interested. I only ask if you have it cause it's a closed group.

MAG

That. Felt. GOOD.
Do you have facebook? I can link you to the Michigan FGC page if you're interested. I only ask if you have it cause it's a closed group.
No Facebook actually but I am guessing the closest group if there is one up here would be in Traverse City which is like an hour away.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Hello everyone, name is Matt. Never really took serious interest in fighting games, just lightly played different ones very casually over the years (didn't play I:GAU) but was having fun with I2, so actually going to try and get better. Slowly getting years of bad button mashing out of my system, working on actually properly hitting combos.

Jumped right into learning Red Hood, so far love his trait combos. Only character I have at level 20 at the moment (well only character above level 7 actually).
Came in here with troll-like intentions.

Saw your name is also Matt, we are now friends. No trolling shall occur on this day.

MAG

That. Felt. GOOD.
Appreciate the welcome everyone.

Jumped into some ranked matches today to get a feel for actually playing online. The short version without my complaining is, I got destroyed and I need A LOT of work, especially when it comes to blocking and getting in on one trick ponies.

Came in here with troll-like intentions.

Saw your name is also Matt, we are now friends. No trolling shall occur on this day.
Well thanks for not trolling Matt.

ABake

Bum Kitana Main
No Facebook actually but I am guessing the closest group if there is one up here would be in Traverse City which is like an hour away.
I know this is post is approaching 2 years old at this point, but assuming you're still in Northern Michigan (and still looking for offline games)- we do have a small community here in Traverse City. If you're ever in the area or feel like making the hour trip- we meet every Wednesday night from 7p-11p at the Workshop Brewing Company. Most people here currently play Tekken 7 or Dragon Ball FighterZ but this community started on MKX, which we've started to go back to as of late with the hype of MK11 setting in.
I also post every week's event page on the TCFGC page along with other events we may be hosting. Hope to see you sometime!