What's new

Hello!!?!? Can someone explain to me why KF is now top 5?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I don't care what the frame data says (it's probably wrong anyway) it just doesn't work. You recover from the throw in time to block.

Even if you block, you're still gonna be forced to eat a block string that ends in a frame trap and/or guess on a 50/50. And even if you block all of that, she still has options.

That's what you DONT understand. KF is ALLLLLL mixups and guessing games. Once they block one, she has others to rely on. AND THEY ARE SAFE, which means the guessing will continue.

I don't care what the frame data says (it's probably wrong anyway) it just doesn't work. You recover from the throw in time to block.
I just tested, and yes you can absolutely punish with a neutral jump 2 or 3.

I'm sorry you don't trust frame data, but it's correct here. KF's legs are long enough to hit basically anywhere on the jump arc, and the startup of j2 is 11 frames. I mean hell, that's only 1 frame after the STARTUP of throw. Of course you can punish it.

I'm not in the mood to debunk false claims all day. This conversation is going to end soon.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I just tested, and yes you can absolutely punish with a neutral jump 2 or 3.
You're probably not throwing on the first frame. Also, who did you test it with? It could be character specific. I feel like all the shorter to mid-sized characters can block but maybe not the taller ones.

You're probably not throwing on the first frame. Also, who did you test it with? It could be character specific. I feel like all the shorter to mid-sized characters can block but maybe not the taller ones.
Holding back and pressing throw repeatedly will block during blockstun and throw as soon as you get out of it. I did that, but the enemy into b1u3 blockstun, and was able to punish cleanly on the way up. You probably weren't doing j2 early enough.

Throw will leave the opponent standing. There's 21 frames of leeway, so no, it's not character dependent.

And that's it. This is too much of a timesink to teach basics of KF gameplay. I doubt anyone else is still listening, and you're clearly never going to change your mind, so I'm not wasting any more time here.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Holding back and pressing throw repeatedly will block during blockstun and throw as soon as you get out of it. I did that, but the enemy into b1u3 blockstun, and was able to punish cleanly on the way up. You probably weren't doing j2 early enough.

Throw will leave the opponent standing. There's 21 frames of leeway, so no, it's not character dependent.

And that's it. This is too much of a timesink to teach basics of KF gameplay. I doubt anyone else is still listening, and you're clearly never going to change your mind, so I'm not wasting any more time here.
Punishing with j2 on the way up is not going to give you the full punish. I'm fine with ending this conversation too. Apparently I think of her as a "rush down" character which is faulty. But also, she has all these crazy good options up close that are 90% in her favor? If I heard something in this thread that was going to change my mind I would have acknowledged it. All I got was pretty much insults and conjecture.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Which ones, and once again even if you don't do it rising you have large window to punish during the whiffed throw animation.
Just going through the top 2 rows it whiffs on Flash, Batman, Nightwing, Lobo, Harley, Green Arrow, Zod, Catwoman and Deathstroke.

It doesn't whiff on Joker, Grundy, Cyborg, Superman and Lex.

On the way down most characters can block or backdash.