What's new

Hellboy Tech & Combo Thread

Here’s some tricky cross ups I’ve been looking into, the air cancels are actually a little bit difficult to do lol. Maybe someone here can expand on these.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Guys please stop doing f23 as knockdown its really gimmicky 95 percent of the time because of tech roll and it will make ur setups pretty fake, and if im wrong please put them on techroll its not a hkd.

Sesal Snow

Exorcist, Demonologist and Master of the Dark Arts
Guys please stop doing f23 as knockdown its really gimmicky 95 percent of the time because of tech roll and it will make ur setups pretty fake, and if im wrong please put them on techroll its not a hkd.
When you do the midscreen f23 ender into the cross up on non cross up 50/50 you can do far leap instead of normal to catch tech rolls. I believe REO actually made a video on this recently.
If all else fails you can always cancel the leap into block as well.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
When you do the midscreen f23 ender into the cross up on non cross up 50/50 you can do far leap instead of normal to catch tech rolls. I believe REO actually made a video on this recently.
If all else fails you can always cancel the leap into block as well.
None of u are doing that tho most ppl will tech roll it so if u guys test f23 use far leap i havent seen anysetups with it but il check reos out

Sesal Snow

None of u are doing that tho most ppl will tech roll it so if u guys test f23 use far leap i havent seen anysetups with it but il check reos out
Yeah that is true not a lot of people have been posting about the far leap instead but I thought most people knew myself since its similar to grodd when he baits tech rolls with far leap instead.
The far leap to beat out tech rolls works exactly the same either way so at the end of the day its just reading the initial tech roll really.
the f23 leap stuff can be extremely gimmicky but its another weapon in the arsenal so we might as well explore it to its full potential. He is a gimmicky char.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Yeah that is true not a lot of people have been posting about the far leap instead but I thought most people knew myself since its similar to grodd when he baits tech rolls with far leap instead.
The far leap to beat out tech rolls works exactly the same either way so at the end of the day its just reading the initial tech roll really.
the f23 leap stuff can be extremely gimmicky but its another weapon in the arsenal so we might as well explore it to its full potential. He is a gimmicky char.
This is especially gimmicky but il test it more at home

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Having too much fun with the character, but i recorded some combos. I will most def lab some more to find some more combos.

BUT I LOOOOOVE Hellboy! But here are my concerns...

His air cancel game is so sick, he even crosses himself up. Thats actually NOT good. His air cancel attacks sometimes have Hellboy face the wrong way, even if you do the air fist drop attack.

His moves feel REALLY clunky to pull off that cause some tricky timing. For some reason, his b3 just feel harder to come out in combos. Am i the only one experiencing this ?Question mark?

Sesal Snow

Having too much fun with the character, but i recorded some combos. I will most def lab some more to find some more combos.

BUT I LOOOOOVE Hellboy! But here are my concerns...

His air cancel game is so sick, he even crosses himself up. Thats actually NOT good. His air cancel attacks sometimes have Hellboy face the wrong way, even if you do the air fist drop attack.

His moves feel REALLY clunky to pull off that cause some tricky timing. For some reason, his b3 just feel harder to come out in combos. Am i the only one experiencing this ?Question mark?
That jump in problem is all about timing and knowing what cancel to do and what distance leap to do.
Once you get that down you should not have anymore problems with crossing yourself up.

As for the b3 I have not had any problems. I feel its just a slower b3, I think I am used to it from other chars.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
That jump in problem is all about timing and knowing what cancel to do and what distance leap to do.
Once you get that down you should not have anymore problems with crossing yourself up.

As for the b3 I have not had any problems. I feel its just a slower b3, I think I am used to it from other chars.
Maybe its just my timing i need to work on. So far, i tried 2 matches online both against WoWo. I won 1 and she won 1 then i had to hit the sack. But the only weakness is most def AA attacks to murder his leap, unless you're super quick by canceling into a j1. But maaan those are some lightening quick reflexes.

But at least, im getting the hang of his combo potential. I think today, I will work on his air game more and see if i can get some time to create a combo vid.

FrogFGC

Lover of Large Fists
I agree, personally I have found that I use F23 to condition and if they don't adapt then you can rep the gimmick, if they do start to adapt then ending in 113 gives a HDK and makes setups more legit

I'm not sure how useful straight cancelling Air Fist of Doom is, it drops Hellboy down from an aerial hit pretty quick, but doesn't feel too relevant otherwise

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Imma keep it all the way live. I am fucking FRUSTRATED getting down these combos! lol

Im afraid to even bring this character online cuz i feel so....bleh....He's most def high execution to some degree, because the timing on his combos are so ....weird. And that B3 makes my damn thumb hurt. Needless to say, i wasnt feeling it enough to upload any footage YET. But i did get some nifty combos and tech recorded. Today FOR SURE i will put it all together in one video. And even discovered more info on his trait. Looking online, i see alot of good players even struggle to pull off his high damage combos in matches. Hellboy has all the tools, but FUCK its difficult to pull together effectively. Hes gonna need ALOT of time to invest if you want to be a really good Hellboy main.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Liking him a lot so far. Like a ton. F23bf2 db2.mb is so much more consistent for me after the b3 than 11.db2.mb has been.

Any tips on the b3, j3, j3 x df3 combo? Cause I cannot get the ground pound to connect. I'm guessing the second j3 has to be hit SUPER low? Or I just missing something? Cause I'd like it to be practical lol.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Eh, weird interaction. Maybe someone can explain?

Set dummy to crouch and always block. Did j3 into dbf.1. grabbed him before he could crouch.. did it a second time in a row and 50ish attempts later , I have not been able to do it again.

Timing issue? Fluke?

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Random things I've noticed:

F2 is a pretty damn good stagger

F2 into high command grab catches a lot of people idk why

His throw does more damage than other characters so it's very good

His ji2 has a horrible hit box and it's very hard to make it cross up some times

22u3 is option selectable so you can mb bounce cancel it for huge damage and will only come out on hit

There is nothing you can follow up the mb charge effectively with

Oh in mb charge imo does too little damage.
Should do like 7% damage at least. Currently it does like 4 lol

Trait startup is pretty damn bad

Aa grab actually works for aa

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
I've been using far leap on F23xx knockdown as if they backdash the low still catches them and if I can it'll still catch them to...

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I saw you hit me up @EntropicByDesign , but i was trying to upload my video right before work, and i JUST barely made it on time.

...*sigh*...Apparently....Uncle JBeezY was up all last night making this awesome ass combo/tech/trait vid that I havent seen ppl talk much about then here come the technical difficulties. FIRST the internet crapped out on trying to upload from my PS4 at 1am in the frickin' morning! THEN today, I kept getting upload errors that my video wont upload from Sharefactory to Youtube correctly. I havent had this much trouble uploading a vid and kinda bummed that I sacrified staying up late, going on 4 hours sleep, and didnt even get the video up before i head to work. Won't be able to do anything for another 8 hours, but has anybody had a problem uploading an edited video from Sharefactory to PS4? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
F-I-N-A-L-L-Y! Got it up and running! This is the first time ive ever done a combo vid, but i also explore more into his Revival trait that i dont think anybody has gone into detail.

So WHOOP THERE IT IS! Enjoy ;)

Lol it's not a gimmick at all, its an Okie. You can punish tech roll with df3 or try far df3 into j2. I punish ppl that tech roll online.