What's new

Hellboy Speculation

Delighted as heck for Red, let the speculation begin...

Character power: The Samaritan
Special movies: Varied effect relics (please!!), a couple right hand of doom specials, potentially the Samaritan if not for his character power.
Combos: quick left hand, slow heavy right hand of doom, few tail attacks (if at all).
Super: anung un rama transformation.
Intros: God-tier snark

E

Eldriken

His trait should be called "Chain and Gain". lolol

He should be able to do trait cancels that are called "Smoke Breaks". huehuehue

But on a serious note: he's the only one I give a hoot about out of this pack. Hopefully sparks my interest further after a gameplay reveal.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
His trait should be called "Chain and Gain". lolol

He should be able to do trait cancels that are called "Smoke Breaks". huehuehue

But on a serious note: he's the only one I give a hoot about out of this pack. Hopefully sparks my interest further after a gameplay reveal.
Maybe he lights a cigar and gains a bit of meter?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I dunno.. trait maybe a transformation into his devil form thing? Sorry I only know him from the movies.

I want a special move involving his cats, for realz. Would make for some fun dialogue options with Atrocitus.

I'm wondering if we aren't going to get a big-ass Harley type character. Someone with ranged specials, a command grab (big strong fuckers always lean towards command grabs), and strong mid-rangey type options. That would bring in his gun, his hand and his general size/strength.

I have zero idea what his gameplay will actually be, but I know that thematically he is ABSOLUTELY a character I'm going to try out with an eye towards keeping. I am absolutely anti-hype for Raiden and Black Manta is a neat choice and I think a cool addition, but not someone I'm super interested in personally. I had really hoped for Spawn, but Hellboy was a FANTASTIC surprise and replacement.

REALLY looking forward to him.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I only know him from the movies, so I don't know really much his BG story about what happened to him before being known as Hellboy.

Based of what he did in the trailer, I think that he will be a counter-grappler, and based of his movies story he will be most likely an all-rounder, like Captain Cold, but quite balanced. He will be both a rushdown and a zoner at some point.

He's known to throw and do devastating shit with his right arm, but he uses zoning stuff with his lefty.

I don't know what will his powers and his trait be in this game. I think that his Super Move will be his true devil form.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
very happy hellboy is making it in. sick character and I will deffo be looking to main him, is it just me or did he look a bit too cartoony in the reveal trailer?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
very happy hellboy is making it in. sick character and I will deffo be looking to main him, is it just me or did he look a bit too cartoony in the reveal trailer?
Think they wanted to keep it closer to the Mignola artwork than the Injustice style.
Could see trait being his transformation but they would prob shove that into his super and make it do something with his gun like lobo.
I was thinking something like Deadshots-U4 gets you a holy water bullet, D4 gets you a shotgun shell deal, B4 gets you a rock-salt bullet, something like that