What's new

General/Other Heat vision combo concept, NOT Heat Zap. Pre-patch damage potential?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
You can get 49-50+% off a f23 and 1 bar and about 38-39% meterless both without trait making his otg 50/50 a 1 bar T.O.D but the timing is extremely tight potentially making this unpractical, especially since on some corners of stages the heat vision whiffs. I have noticed however that heat vision hardly scales like pre-patch Heat Zap.

I believe if we can land another s3 after a trait cancel we can bring back his old corner damage. 50% 1 bar thats TRAITLESS and WITHOUT JUMP INS is definitely something that should be looked at. So for you to mess around with, I'll post the combos I have found involving heat vision and are "practical."

Enjoy.

METERLESS:
-F23, 3, heat vision, (11,) 3, low scoop, 3 ender. 38%

-f23, 3, heat vision, d2, trait, 3, low scoop, 3, ender. 39-40%

- F3, 3, heat vision, (11,) 3, low scoop, ender. 40-41%

1-2 bars
F23, 3, heat vision, 3, MB breath, j3, 3, low scoop, ender. 48-49%

F23, 3, heat vision, 3, MB breath, b3, j3, 3, low scoop, ender. 49-50%

F23, 3, heat vision, 3, BC b3, j3, 3, low scoop, ender. 53-54%

MB F3, 3, heat vision, 3, low scoop, ender. 46-47% or 61-62% if startjng with trait.

MB F3, 3, heat vision, 3, MB breath, j3, 3, low scoop, ender 56-57% or 74-75% starting with trait.

The idea (and purpose) of this thread is to add on to the concept of heat vision combos to improve them and determine if they are viable or not as they all do close to if not more than known bnbs. So please keep already known combos out of this thread. Thank you.

@TONY-T
@Everlast
@xQUANTUMx
@Cal-EL
@MF SLAYER
@Rayner
@daddydab32ho (yyyeeeaaappp)
@Compbros
@Theonidas
@KDZ
@Kinetic Demise
@EMPEROR_THEO
@Anyone else.

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Try F23, 3xx trait, 11, 3 xxmb breath, j3, s3xx scoop, s3 ender.

I think that's his max for 1 bar.

Offline his combos are cake.

DarksydeDash

Irreverent comment. This thread is for the development of HEAT VISION COMBOS, not regular known bnbs. Please actually read the thread before commenting.

Shaazzyam

Irreverent comment. This thread is for the development of HEAT VISION COMBOS, not regular known bnbs. Please actually read the thread before commenting.
Someone's a little snippy.

I posted that combo to offer the most optimized, 1 bar Superman has. More than any HEAT VISION COMBO out there, I believe.

I don't even think you know what this thread is about. You say you're looking to optimize 1 bar, traitless combos then proceed to post combos that are meter-less, 2bar or with trait?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

F23 > 3 xx Trait > 3 xx MB Breath > B3 > Forward Jump 3 > 3 xx Scoop > 3 xx Ender

is slightly stronger I thiiiiiink.

DarksydeDash

Someone's a little snippy.

I posted that combo to offer the most optimized, 1 bar Superman has. More than any HEAT VISION COMBO out there, I believe.

I don't even think you know what this thread is about. You say you're looking to optimize 1 bar, traitless combos then proceed to post combos that are meter-less, 2bar or with trait?
I made the thread, of course I know what its about. Also, That combo is in the combo thread already. Not once did I ask for optimal combos ALREADY KNOWN, im giving a proof of concept fkr new bnbs with heat vision. Therefore, your comments are still irrelavent.

DarksydeDash

F23 > 3 xx Trait > 3 xx MB Breath > B3 > Forward Jump 3 > 3 xx Scoop > 3 xx Ender

Yes it is but requires trait. It is also only 5% less than what I posted only mjne has no trait. The idea is to try to improve off the heat vision concept without combos already known.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Yes it is but requires trait. It is also only 5% less than what I posted only mjne has no trait. The idea is to try to improve off the heat vision concept without combos already known.
Not to try and shut you down or anything, but people have been doing Heat Zap combos for a really really long time. I don't think anything in this thread is really new.

Shaazzyam

I made the thread, of course I know what its about. Also, That combo is in the combo thread already. Not once did I ask for optimal combos ALREADY KNOWN, im giving a proof of concept fkr new bnbs with heat vision. Therefore, your comments are still irrelavent.
So you understand that it's the best possible combo, but it doesn't matter cause there's no heat zap/vision? K.

This isn't The Flash forum.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

does it actually do more than heat zap?
Yes it does, the normal traitless bnb does 44%-45% while this hits for 49-50% Just imagine the damage if we could land another s3 after a trait cancel. Must hit at least in the 60% off a f23 but I've had no luck.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

So you understand that it's the best possible combo, but it doesn't matter cause there's no heat zap/vision? K.

This isn't The Flash forum.
Not true, you can land a 62% off a f23 starter witb one bar and no jump ins. But since it does not use heat visision that is not for this forum.

DarksydeDash

Not to try and shut you down or anything, but people have been doing Heat Zap combos for a really really long time. I don't think anything in this thread is really new.
Heat zap is db3, heat vision is db1. Dont get confused.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I hate to be the guy who said "I already knew about this" but....yeah :oops: I mentioned it to @Clark Luthor on his stream once. Good that you've found optimal combos for it though, nice stuff!

TKB

Noob
the answer is yes look at thus combo that I did few days ago ( I KNOW IS NOT PRATICAL) if u use the heat zap the damage is 85 %
Why is this not practical? Because of the meter useage? Who cares if you spend 4 bars, you took 96% in 1 fucking combo lol that's practical to me. A friend of mine has combos kind of like this that spend 3-4 bars but get over 80%, I don't see why you wouldn't want to spend the meter to take SO much life. Legit combo btw.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Why is this not practical? Because of the meter useage? Who cares if you spend 4 bars, you took 96% in 1 fucking combo lol that's practical to me. A friend of mine has combos kind of like this that spend 3-4 bars but get over 80%, I don't see why you wouldn't want to spend the meter to take SO much life. Legit combo btw.
The combo isn't practical because you have to activate trait, then immediately hit the other person right at the peak of their jump with a very deep J3, and the jump has to be super floaty, i.e- Hawkgirl/Black Adam.

Oh and yeah, heat vision is good for traitless combos or for combos that start with trait, but if you want optimised damage with mid-combo trait then S3 is your best bet.