What's new

Heart Pierce vs Blood Drive - Why Heart Pierce is superior?

Elias6999

Mournful Master
does dbf4 (the dot damage move) kill? I didn’t use it before, but if it does it might be more useful. Although I do think it killing would be bull lol

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Also, I usually switch between variations depending on the matchup. I would MUCH rather face Sonya with blood Drive for instance lol

hatyr

tease out the impurities
does dbf4 (the dot damage move) kill? I didn’t use it before, but if it does it might be more useful. Although I do think it killing would be bull lol
Yes, unlike other DOT effects, Blood Ritual will kill. I use it all the time when something like a Fatal Blow doesn't quite finish them off. Haven't labbed but now that I think about it, it may also bypass Last Breath since there is no chip element.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I have to agree with Eddy Wang here since I feel the Heart Pierce has more KB's than Blood Drive and gains a parry and a Teleport vs BD'S +4 Restand with only having 13f mids and the ability to control speed of projectile.

The projectile is very good but costs a bar to slow or speed it up, the BF4-AMP only gives back 3.4% health compared to the BF2-AMP that gives 7.6% back. I wouldn't waste a bar for 3%.
The Sciphon only gives 4 frames of advantage on hit but her mids are 13 frames allowing the opponent to beat her out with moves that are 8f startup. I'm sure block still takes a frame.

Parry is definitely strong considering you can cut strings of short with it linked and hold it forever. It also has a Krushing Blow and it counters throws, highs, mids and overheads but gets beat out by lows and projectiles. I feel the Parry alone is enough for me since it looks like block and there is no flashy animation to differ the two.
Teleport is also a great tool to gain space and regain neutral or esacpe pressure or corner.

I think they are both viable but I prefer Heart Pierce over Blood Drive.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I'm slowly starting to lean towards Heart Pierce >>> Blood Drive. This post was a great analysis Eddy. I think what makes Heart Pierce much more versatile is the teleport and parry. It's safe to say Skarlet is a powerful Zoner so using Cell Ciphon to bring your opponent and then grab or whatever is slowly catching on, and it's kind of dangerous being up close with your opponent when Skarlet's pokes are a bit slow.

I've been manning Blood Drive but I plan on learning Heart soon.
BOOM. I started the game with Skardi and learned everything with heart pierce, so my bias might show a little but I love your point that 'why would a zoning character bring there opponent closer?'. I hated seeing that basic overdone tourny combo 212 212 44 siphon, its such an ugly string. The only kombo ender thats warrented staying close to the opponent are like Kitanas df2 throat slice.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
BOOM. I started the game with Skardi and learned everything with heart pierce, so my bias might show a little but I love your point that 'why would a zoning character bring there opponent closer?'. I hated seeing that basic overdone tourny combo 212 212 44 siphon, its such an ugly string. The only kombo ender thats warrented staying close to the opponent are like Kitanas df2 throat slice.

So I've recently been labbing and using HEART Skarlet. From the start it was a bit difficult adjusting. I had to readjust my muscle memory and strategic plans for Skarlet. I'm in love with Heart Skarlet. The Dagger parry and teleport is much more of an amazing tool than Siphon

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently....I tried Heart Pierce last night and im starting to love this variation. The teleport is one of my favorite moves but last night i FINALLY found a use for that Blood ritual move.

I had a big life lead keeping my opponent out about to end the round, but he was full screen crouching waiting for me to come to him. So i got my palm and cut that bitch open to drain both of our lives until it said FINISH HIM! OH that shit was soooooo fucking hilarious! And i got that shit recorded too! I will upload sometime later but im starting to love this variation :)

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I'm slowly coming around on the idea of Heart pierce being better.

I still think Blood drive is a good variation though.