What's new

Video/Tutorial - Necromancer "Heads Will Roll" - A Necromancer Combo Video by D.R.

D. R.

Noob
Huh, never knew that. Any other characters that can actually use that?
Huh the more you know. That's pretty cool.
So let me correct myself since I may have lied about the move having to be 7 or less frames and low hitting. Mileena's ball roll and Kotal's b1 both hit after double NJP pretty reliably once you get the timing down after just messing around a bit.

Not really worth investing time over though unless you want to make combo videos. Lol

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So let me correct myself since I may have lied about the move having to be 7 or less frames and low hitting. Mileena's ball roll and Kotal's b1 both hit after double NJP pretty reliably once you get the timing down after just messing around a bit.

Not really worth investing time over though unless you want to make combo videos. Lol
An industry I could get into xD

HateMe!

Noob
So double NJP combos are NJP as a starter then another one, or is there a legit option to NJP after a starter twice? I don't have access the game atm and can't check that myself.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This was an awesome combo video. I have never seen damage like that from Necromancer. I have the most irrational reason for never playing this variation, though. It's not because it's considered bad. I won't play it because of how stupid Shinnok's arms look.

D. R.

Noob
So double NJP combos are NJP as a starter then another one, or is there a legit option to NJP after a starter twice? I don't have access the game atm and can't check that myself.
You can do the double NJP with NJP as a starter or later in a juggle, on the third "air" hit, i.e. in the corner: 312xxHS(1)xxMB, (3rd aerial hit) NJP, NJP, d2, f4xxHS, etc.

HateMe!

Noob
Shouldn't second NJP always splat them? I thought it's universal like that. Now I'm wondering what can other characters do.

D. R.

Noob
Shouldn't second NJP always splat them? I thought it's universal like that. Now I'm wondering what can other characters do.
It should but clearly it doesn't. Lol Other characters can benefit from this but as I stated earlier it's not really applicable in an actual fight due to its tight timing and certain height constraints.

HateMe!

Noob
It should but clearly it doesn't. Lol Other characters can benefit from this but as I stated earlier it's not really applicable in an actual fight due to its tight timing and certain height constraints.
Everything is if you practice it enough. :^)

D. R.

Noob
This was an awesome combo video. I have never seen damage like that from Necromancer. I have the most irrational reason for never playing this variation, though. It's not because it's considered bad. I won't play it because of how stupid Shinnok's arms look.
I had the same reservations. Lol Then I decided one day to just assign that stupid looking samurai alt as Necro's outfit and I used him a bit in training mode to see what potential he has.

This combo vid stemmed from that.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
One god asking another if his creation is "worthy." Have we entered the Matrix?!

But seriously, as delayed as this response was, I approve of the editing AND the combos. I'd love to see more of our combo artists get as creative as you did with this video! Good work, promotion well-earned!