What's new

Head Bangers Hall

Horns up, everyone.

I wanted to create a thread where fellow metalheads can get together and discuss records and the new releases for the year. I'm curious to see how many metalheads we have here and what records are headbanging, too!

Hot Take: Septic Flesh's Codex Omega is the album of the year. :p

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I'm still loving august burns reds new album phantom anthem. Also if you guys like to lean a bit more towards melodic hardcore music like moths to flames new album dark divine is lit af

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
This album makes me wanna be 17 again and get caught in a mosh pit with some fat guy crowd surfing and kicking me in the head. It's always weird leaving a metal show covered in other people's sweat, but it's just part of the game.

This album makes me wanna be 17 again and get caught in a mosh pit with some fat guy crowd surfing and kicking me in the head. It's always weird leaving a metal show covered in other people's sweat, but it's just part of the game.
Yup, you're going into lion's den haha. My only gripe is that I love purchasing merchandise and drinking so I usually end up on the sidelines by the end of the show to take care of my things that I bought.

Yeah man they get a little over shadowed by the "Big 4" and a lot of people don't realize that they were probably the first Bay Area Thrash band to form. I hate how they've had tons of different members but these guys rip.
I hear ya, so many bands get overlooked. What did you think about the new song Catharsis by Machine Head? I love the band but they're a little inconsistent. The Blackening is probably their best album imo.

I hear ya, so many bands get overlooked. What did you think about the new song Catharsis by Machine Head? I love the band but they're a little inconsistent. The Blackening is probably their best album imo.
Yeah Machine Head is a band I've been with from the beginning. I bought Burn My Eyes the year it came out and every album since. They've had a couple of stinkers (The Burning Red, and Supercharger, my god these are terrible albums, lol) The Blackening is by far their best and I actually really liked Bloodstone and Diamonds. I heard the new single once but I usually hold of listening to early singles until the album drops. I'll pick it up but I'm not expecting some masterpiece. They are just a band that I can't quite give up on.