What's new

He-Man & The Masters of the Universe as the Next NRS Fighting Game (Not Confirmed)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Regardless of its intent or lack of merit, your opinion is appreciated, brother. :)
My intent is simple, I want an MK game that's even more advanced than Injustice 2.
NRS is on the right track, not making an MK game now would deprive us of a game that would finally last.
I'd settle for an expansion for mkx if it meant fixing its issues at the very core, but I know better.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Im totally down for this! Skeletor main day one! @Swindle That art is so sick, who is the artist?

The artist for the first couple of pics that are done in a more realistic and dark style are from Paul Gerrard. All the others are just collected randomly without direct artist tags.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Very happy that so many of you see the potential of this. Of all the nostalgic toy franchises, MotU has the most potential in the fighting game space IMO.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This has a lot of potential to be honest, they could do whatever they wanted, even in the story mode. I have NO knowledge or prior attachment to these characters, it would be awesome to go in fresh, rather than compulsively playing only Sub-Zero in any game he's in, I could really find my main .

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Think of the awesome guest characters as well. Thunderfcats, Transformers, Lone Star, Silver Hawks, Thundarr, Herculoids, Space Ghost, Robotech, Astro Boy, Battle of the Planets..... man.. an 80s cartoons is really fertile ground!! I could list cartoons for pages!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I always thought the old 80s MotU character designs were ugly in a 'easy to make cheap plastic toys' kind of way.
They totally were.. the thing is kids imaginations are awesome and those kids are all grown up now and they still "love" what they loved as kids.. so it is filtered through adult sensibilities. The art in this thread is about how we saw them as kids.. not how they really where!