What's new

Hayatei Wins Canada Cup 2015!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I know its late but I felt this tournament deserved its own write-up. Yesterday concluded Canada Cup, where the best Canadian players faced off in an extremely hype top 8. Canada Cup had many notable players including CR Honeybee, CR Biohazard, CR Gunshow, Death, MTL Jer, and more. But the star of the tournament had to be the new CC champion Hayatei. With his unconventional Ronin Takeda play and absolute fearless playstyle, Hayatei tore his way through the losers bracket until he faced CR Gunshow in grand finals. Although Gunshow had more than proven his skill by fighting his way to winners finals, His Erron Black and Jax was simply no match for Hayatei's Ronin, who beat Gunshow 6-1 to take home his first tournament win(I think).

Congrats to all the top 8. Be sure to check below for youtube archives and results.

Top 8:
1. Hayatei (Ronin Takeda)
2. cr Gunshow (Gunslinger Erron Black, Heavy Weapons Jax)
3. cr Honeybee (Swarm Queen Dvorah)
4. cr Biohazard (Lackey and Vicious Ferra Torr)
5. Ssacky (Summoner Quan Chi)
5. MTL Jer (Hish Qu Ten Predator)
7. EMPR Death (A-List Johnny Cage)
7. BA Winter Warz (Tempest Kung Lao)

Archives:

Attachments

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
He made me look a Ronin

And fuck ronin has really good footsie tools too S2 Projectile is only -3 but from a meaty range is neutral.

I love when really well minded players like this exhibit what a chR like this can do in the right hands

His AA game ha too good
Wtf was the commentators saying he had non for?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ronin is top 5 to me, the character is too well balanced (zoning, reflect, footsy, frametrap, air roll, damage, overhead low string, range, AA, wakeups, armor breaker, gimmicks, NJP, etc...).
I also noticed a big matchup knowledge issue with Ronin in that tournament (gunshow probably thought the projectiles were mid, and most of players kept blocking against Takeda even when he was negative). He was non existent before the last patch and he is still underused which makes him even stronger.

That being said, Hayatei did very well here. Congratz to him and gunshow the only guy that can do top 8 with EB without being sonicfox ! ^^

I felt like Honeybee was in a bad shape for this tournament. He didn't play as he uses to imo.

AssassiN

Noob
Ronin is top 5 to me, the character is too well balanced (zoning, reflect, footsy, frametrap, air roll, damage, overhead low string, range, AA, wakeups, armor breaker, gimmicks, NJP, etc...).
I also noticed a big matchup knowledge issue with Ronin in that tournament (gunshow probably thought the projectiles were mid, and most of players kept blocking against Takeda even when he was negative). He was non existent before the last patch and he is still underused which makes him even stronger.

That being said, Hayatei did very well here. Congratz to him and gunshow the only guy that can do top 8 with EB without being sonicfox ! ^^

I felt like Honeybee was in a bad shape for this tournament. He didn't play as he uses to imo.
Ronin was a good variation before the last patch, now it's a lot better. Top 5? Don't really think it's that good.
Yeah, it does look like his opponents didn't know the variation that well. In general people don't know this variation because almost no-one uses it.

I've been using it for a while now if you feel like playing.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
That was a great Top 8!
Congrats to Hayatei, amazing Ronin!

DIdn't know Skrillex played MKX :DOGE

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ronin was a good variation before the last patch, now it's a lot better. Top 5? Don't really think it's that good.
Yeah, it does look like his opponents didn't know the variation that well. In general people don't know this variation because almost no-one uses it.

I've been using it for a while now if you feel like playing.
Magikraf mains Takeda so I play against Ronin a lot. What are the bad matchups for ronin ?

some excellent ronan play here. still the same old shit though... who ever is on offense is just doing string after string blah blah blah. so ya.. new ronan stuff cool but its no different than any of the other rush down shit we constantly see in this game

and upon further blow ups... is honeybee washed up? he went from top 3 at evo to not even winning two regional tournaments back to back. either dvorah not having a reversal is catching up with him or he is looking in the mirror more than practicing. who knows.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
some excellent ronan play here. still the same old shit though... who ever is on offense is just doing string after string blah blah blah. so ya.. new ronan stuff cool but its no different than any of the other rush down shit we constantly see in this game

and upon further blow ups... is honeybee washed up? he went from top 3 at evo to not even winning two regional tournaments back to back. either dvorah not having a reversal is catching up with him or he is looking in the mirror more than practicing. who knows.
lmao

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

@RunwayMafia

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord

@Pig Of The Hut that video is too funny