What's new

Video/Tutorial Hawkgirl Video Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
This guide will be a living one and updates will be made as needed as the game evolves or new information comes to light.

Hawkgirl Video Guide

Musical Intro

Part 1: Normals and Strings

Part 2: Trait & Specials
Part 3: Midscreen Combos

Part 4: Corner Combos

Part 5: Pressure/Offense

Part 6: Okizeme/Post Knockdown

Part 7: Wing Evade

Part 8: Ground & Air Defense

Part 9: Basics on Countering Shayera

Part 10: Putting It All Together

Last edited:

booivi

Good Game :)
Just wanted to stop by and say that this is going to be a very nice thing to do seeing as Hawkgirl doesn't get much attention and videos like these is what opens people's eyes to new characters, including me. I think I need to see what Hawkgirl is truly capable of before even touching her. The same happened to me with Joker, watching KH cat's guide really surprised me.

- Add the 3~WE/3~MC tech for oki
- Make sure you mention how she beats up Superman
- See if you can talk about some buffs for her (like have her able to block projectiles while in flight, or making B3 faster, and making MT and B2 true mids)

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Espio Either tonight or tomorrow I will be releasing part 1 of my punishment guide. It contains all combos off of D1, F1, D2, 1, and 3, her most effective bounce cancel combos, B3 & F3 combos, as well as my favorite corner combos. Also, Zod will be the character featured for punishment.

If you are going to do a video guide/project, I would suggest doing an in-depth analysis of her MU's as well as her tech. ;) Or were you planning like a basic, all around guide for beginners? I remember your guides for Jade/Sheeva and they were great for people unfamiliar with said characters.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Espio Either tonight or tomorrow I will be releasing part 1 of my punishment guide. It contains all combos off of D1, F1, D2, 1, and 3, her most effective bounce cancel combos, B3 & F3 combos, as well as my favorite corner combos. Also, Zod will be the character featured for punishment.

If you are going to do a video guide/project, I would suggest doing an in-depth analysis of her MU's as well as her tech. ;) Or were you planning like a basic, all around guide for beginners? I remember your guides for Jade/Sheeva and they were great for people unfamiliar with said characters.

Yay I'm excited! I'm glad there are multiple people putting in work video wise and I cannot wait to see the finished project. My goal with the Hawkgirl video guide project is to start from the beginning and work my way up to more complex topics like oki-game, corner pressure with ambiguous set ups and more. I definitely want my guide to be a good starting point for beginners and thanks :).

I'm thinking of getting a new camera for filming too to improve quality.

If there's enough interest in the guide and I get some help data wise I wouldn't mind doing an in depth analysis of her match ups too, but it's contingent on those few things.

I'm well versed enough to do match breakdown for around roughly six or so characters, but not informed enough to do them for the whole roster. I was actually thinking of doing a segment where I included another character mainer in the conversation with me as we discuss the match up, thoughts? Although there might be a TYM community project that covers this to be streamed as well.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Okay so I finally got my new camera so I can start filming in more presentable quality haha, but I'm not sure if I should wait till after the big patch or not because from the sound of it a lot of things are going to change and I don't want things to be obsolete so what are everyone's thoughts on that?

Eternal Blaze Tiger Wong AspyxiaDyslexia- RunwayMafia Boodendorf @everyone else.
Well i would suggest you to wait... That way we can check our character and watch if this guys don't steal anything else again

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Well i'd say start with the basics and her gameplan, stuff that most likely wont change in the patch, then whatever changes in the patch would be adjusted i guess. Leave out combos as thats the most likely area that'll get some sort of change (damage rate, extra/less combobility).

Other than using it for combos, What does using 3 guarentee as a whole? Is it a tool to keep opponents out of your face or is it for spacing? As a growing Hawkgirl player, I'm starting to question certain tech for her.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Other than using it for combos, What does using 3 guarentee as a whole? Is it a tool to keep opponents out of your face or is it for spacing? As a growing Hawkgirl player, I'm starting to question certain tech for her.
armor breaker (2 hits)
32b1 string which is -2 on block or knocks them fullscreen on hit.
On the opponent's wakeup 3~WE blows up most character's wake up options and gives you a free combo.
A decent anti air but there's no point in using it over d2.
one of her further reaching normals alongside d1 and d3 so it can be used as a "wall" to keep the opponents from closing in or help you get in by cancelling it to WE/MC.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Its been a while, but since the patch is dropping this Tuesday I'm going to finally start work on this video guide sometime next weekend or the following week :).

This also gives us time to look over a lot of things to see if there are any changes to Hawkgirl that were not listed in the patch notes and allows me to make time to work on it in between school.

I'm gonna try to consult everyone at some point to get their thoughts and feedback on what they'd like to see included that I might be missing out on and I'll probably do a video giving my perspective/character analysis too, thanks in advance everyone!

armor breaker (2 hits)
32b1 string which is -2 on block or knocks them fullscreen on hit.
On the opponent's wakeup 3~WE blows up most character's wake up options and gives you a free combo.
A decent anti air but there's no point in using it over d2.
one of her further reaching normals alongside d1 and d3 so it can be used as a "wall" to keep the opponents from closing in or help you get in by cancelling it to WE/MC.
Does it also guarantee mobility as well?

whedgehead

My Lex Takes You to Paradise
Hawkgirl is super interesting but definitely a lot different than the rest of the cast. Im really starting to get into her because shes a lot of fun, so this vid sounds great!

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Hey yo whats takin so long teach me to hawkgirl

I was waiting on the patch to drop to see if she got any noteworthy changes. Now that it has passed I will start work on it when I have free time this weekend and next week.

Hawkgirl is super interesting but definitely a lot different than the rest of the cast. Im really starting to get into her because shes a lot of fun, so this vid sounds great!

I'm glad you've taken an interest in Hawkgirl, I'm going to try to have the intro/basics video up sometime next week and go from there :).

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
is there a date for when this guide will come out? just recently decided to try her out.

I'm filming part 1 tonight and will try to have it uploaded by tomorrow afternoon(or Monday morning) and we'll go from there :).

Life has been more complicated lately for me and I also wanted to confer with the Hawkgirl community on some finer points to discuss and include.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Okay part 1 is up now that covers normals and strings:

I hate my voice and derped a little bit while making this cause it was late and got a tiny bit confused, but I think I generally covered everything I believe. Part 2 will be coming early in next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.