What's new

Breakthrough Hawkgirl space control

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Below is a diagram for Hawkgirl's space control. It does not include any MB specials, jump in attacks, traits, supers or hit-confirm-only strings. Please note this may not be 100% accurate as I don't have the exact hit box data - what you see is just what I've been able to find out on training mode.

Legend:
Red: Mace throw
Yellow: Mace charge (Yes that is it's actual range!)
Blue: Normals (e.g d, 1 or standing 2)
Orange: Command normals (e.g b, 2)

Notes:

* A fair amount of overlap on her attacks, but it's not a problem: she still covers a lot of space - especially the top right section in front of her

* Crazy range on Mace charge!

* That red 45 degree angled red box? The last part of b,3, 2.

* Her d, 2 has exceptionally good range and height.

* The big orange box 3 character spaces in front of her? 2, 2, u, 3!

Zyphox
RunwayMafia
MashPotatoTower
VGB Joe Kerr
Boodendorf
Insomnicide
BushidoMP
IceNine

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
This is tight <3.
Thanks - hope it helped!

Working on Killer Frost at the minute (should be done by today hopefully)

I need some high res shots of the rest of the cast on themyscria map ( the one shown above) so I can complete the rest. If anyone has any please pm me thanks! I have done Ares, Cyborg, deathstroke, Hawkgirl and killer frost so far - I need everybody else's.

Feel free to tag anyone else into the thread who may find this information useful.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Huh, that picture somehow feels familiar... Was it taken from one of my videos? lol

Great work anyway, lol'd at the blue boxes.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Huh, that picture somehow feels familiar... Was it taken from one of my videos? lol

Great work anyway, lol'd at the blue boxes.
It's a screen cap from youtube footage. It probably is yours XD

Regarding her normals: yes I agree her reach isn't too hot. But her damage and frame data (going from her wiki) are pretty good considering.

Also note she can fly! :p

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
It's a screen cap from youtube footage. It probably is yours XD

Regarding her normals: yes I agree her reach isn't too hot. But her damage and frame data (going from her wiki) are pretty good considering.

Also note she can fly! :p
did you do the wing evade special attack on here? if you did can you point them out for me lol :)

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
did you do the wing evade special attack on here? if you did can you point them out for me lol :)
Oops I forgot to include that.

Just tested it in training mode. It goes slightly more than 2 character spaces behind Hawkgirl's current position.

Zyphox

Oops I forgot to include that.

Just tested it in training mode. It goes slightly more than 2 character spaces behind Hawkgirl's current position.
yeah i was testing, wing evade 2 and 3 are both plus on block as well, uploading that video as we speak :) no problem you do good work, thanks for all the info :)

Zyphox

so, rushdown? Or heavy footsies?
she has great rushdown and a lot of overhead, her fast normals dont cover range well however, so if shes not within sweep distance or in the air throwing maces at you the only she can do is mace charge, i say she's rushdown, simply because she has soooooooo many ways to get in on any character in this game, her f13 wing evade 3 cross you up midscreen and is difficult to block if you dont know how to and its +1 on block so unless you want to eat several overheads you must stand block against her, so f13 WE 3 into f13 WE 3 is godlike midscreen, trepound abused this on me and the only thing you can do is armor or poke out, and if you try to poke i can instand air divekick or WE 2 or all the overheads in her arsenal. in the corner its a whole 'nother story