What's new

Question HawkGirl Representation at EVO 2013

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Well, I must say that I had a wonderful Evo (Injustice wise) and it was a pleasure repping our girl.

Dan's match on stream against Chef's GL was hard for me to sit in the stands and watch because I knew he had never played GL before and quite frankly GL scares the shit out of me. I mentioned the Wing Evade 2 after a block B1 but that is extremely hard to pull off in a live match, at Evo, on the grand stage, with your heart beating out of your chest. He did his best. Props!

I was thoroughly excited to make it out of pools (if it weren't for that damn Pig of The Hut I would have made it out in winners ;) ) and beating that Joker on stream, on the main stage was the highlight of my trip. I ended up finishing 64th after being eliminated in the next round by Relaxed State's Cyborg. This is a MU I think we will need to disect as a community because he was so on point with his zoning I felt rather helpless.

I got the impression that the majority of competitors had absolutely no idea HawkGirl was even in Injustice, much less a formidable foe. An aquaman in pools told me he had no clue what to do against my HG (I primarily zoned him) and I said your lucky I didn't rush you down! ;)

Something that Emperor_Theo said to me I really resinated with and I wanted to report back to you all. I actually play Theo's Superman quite a bit, and we have gone even/toe to toe in the HG vs SM MU. After he qualified for top 8 with Superman, I mentioned to him, humorously, "damn, too bad you didn't face HG on your way to top 8", and he said, "Ohhh hell no, I hate that character!". I said, "Really...why?". He stated, "I don't know what it is about her, but she is special. Special in the sense that she can take on Superman".

Now think about all the Superman domination that occurred at this tourney. Emperor Theo is a smart guy and he knows from playing my HG that she is the real deal, at least in that MU anyway. Let these words inspire you...they sure have me. I will gladly be back in '14 hoping to make top 8 with HG.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Well, I must say that I had a wonderful Evo (Injustice wise) and it was a pleasure repping our girl.

Dan's match on stream against Chef's GL was hard for me to sit in the stands and watch because I knew he had never played GL before and quite frankly GL scares the shit out of me. I mentioned the Wing Evade 2 after a block B1 but that is extremely hard to pull off in a live match, at Evo, on the grand stage, with your heart beating out of your chest. He did his best. Props!

I was thoroughly excited to make it out of pools (if it weren't for that damn Pig of The Hut I would have made it out in winners ;) ) and beating that Joker on stream, on the main stage was the highlight of my trip. I ended up finishing 64th after being eliminated in the next round by Relaxed State's Cyborg. This is a MU I think we will need to disect as a community because he was so on point with his zoning I felt rather helpless.

I got the impression that the majority of competitors had absolutely no idea HawkGirl was even in Injustice, much less a formidable foe. An aquaman in pools told me he had no clue what to do against my HG (I primarily zoned him) and I said your lucky I didn't rush you down! ;)

Something that Emperor_Theo said to me I really resinated with and I wanted to report back to you all. I actually play Theo's Superman quite a bit, and we have gone even/toe to toe in the HG vs SM MU. After he qualified for top 8 with Superman, I mentioned to him, humorously, "damn, too bad you didn't face HG on your way to top 8", and he said, "Ohhh hell no, I hate that character!". I said, "Really...why?". He stated, "I don't know what it is about her, but she is special. Special in the sense that she can take on Superman".

Now think about all the Superman domination that occurred at this tourney. Emperor Theo is a smart guy and he knows from playing my HG that she is the real deal, at least in that MU anyway. Let these words inspire you...they sure have me. I will gladly be back in '14 hoping to make top 8 with HG.
Great you did your best guys! This was the first EVO i'm sure that in the next one we will see our girl in the top <3 also yes, Theo also inspired me, i play him often, first he hated Hawkgirl, and he have told me plenty times that she is so underrated, and no for nothing she can beat Superman