What's new

Tech hawkgirl quickstand

kaseyk

Noob
hg forums have been pretty dead so I made a vid awhile back and figured I'd it up and share my quick stand setups well I'm at it.
the quick stand is simple just finish your combos with mt mb up and mtu mbu .
this works mid screen or in corner and it's very hard to react to .

like all things it takes a bit of practice to get used to doing but it is very effective for continuing pressure or fun trickery .
best follow ups mid screen are mc and dash cancel standing 3 or b22 / b23 if you think they aren't mashing wakeup mid combo .
if you think they will wakeup dash cancel we3 to get behind is a solid option , certain strings you can follow with ji1 which looks as if your going for combo extender and whiffing but you land almost the same time connecting .
in corner you have a lot more options , have fun with it .

there is some other random stuff in the vid that is also fun and useful like mid screen dash cancel mc combos .

enjoy

edit: just wanted to add hitting and whiffing the mt before mb up and hitting with mtu mb up change timing they land and screen position and change what follow up options are best aswell as how deep into combo you end with it . hope that little info helps with anyone that wants to mess around with this tech .

Last edited:
I like how u use her wing evade to actually "evade" something lol.....good use for getting past the wake-ups....but does that tactic work for invicible wakeups? Like say Catwomans trait....or Black Adams Lightning Cage?

kaseyk

Noob
I like how u use her wing evade to actually "evade" something lol.....good use for getting past the wake-ups....but does that tactic work for invicible wakeups? Like say Catwomans trait....or Black Adams Lightning Cage?
its uses are different per mu . this vid is pc waking up and teching so they don't mess up , mid match a human often wont realize the combo is over and the timing for wake up is strange (quick stand) that's why i mentioned mashing wakeup mid combo because in a character like cw with trait wakeup they never mash it they use it smart so likely will miss the window .
its still good to use in any mu but just pick your follow up accordingly (like black adam lightning cage dash in we4 then punish ) the options are not limited to what i did in the vid, it's just another tool for the shed ;)
hg's wingevade is waaaaay easier to use effectively offline lol my fellow hg players can all agree with that :p