What's new

Match Footage HawkGirl Battle Footage

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Versus Ribbz

Edit:Later in the set I started doing better with Shayera lol and Hawkgirl matches start at around the 18:23 minute mark I believe.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Espio
You are making it really easy on KF by not being more aggressive in the air. A few times I saw him just dash, dash, dash, and then jump kicked you out the air. This is a match that can be won entirely from the air.

RiBBz22 Why are you doing slide after a F3? That's so 78 years ago... ;)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Espio
You are making it really easy on KF by not being more aggressive in the air. A few times I saw him just dash, dash, dash, and then jump kicked you out the air. This is a match that can be won entirely from the air.

I will do anything that works until it stop working. In general, online ends up forcing a lot more slides out than I would do in a normal match. Something won't come out right because of the delay and I will get pissed and just slide.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I will do anything that works until it stop working. In general, online ends up forcing a lot more slides out than I would do in a normal match. Something won't come out right because of the delay and I will get pissed and just slide.
I hear you sister...lag fucks up my KF like no other ;)
Espio I enjoyed watching the two of you...keep the sets coming!

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Espio

We were both having a harder time doing a lot of our stuff due to online being bleh (shout outs to our random inputs), but I'm not the best at the Killer Frost match up to be quite honest(rarely play good KF players), not totally comfortable fighting her with any of my characters.

I need to be more mindful of my spacing when zoning as well, I kind of started seeing that I was being too predictable later in the set and started adjusting accordingly, thanks for watching and your thoughts :).

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Some matches from a weekly a few days before MMH dropped. Vs Derpstroke
Not my best performance but figured I'd post it to hopefully get some tips/critique in the DS matchup.
Dunno wtf was up with the swordflips landing in retarded spots that made me mess up my punishes, happened way more than i wanted >__>; definitely MC'd more than i shouldve, i was just getting impatient overall. You can hear me being salty in random points in the set lol.
I also apparently had release check on which fucked up a few of my WEs into MTs here and there..
Last match i switch to my (very bad) Batgirl and in GFs i played Raven. My salt effected my gameplay overall =/

Another set. vs Aquamayne.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Not my best performance but figured I'd post it to hopefully get some tips/critique in the DS matchup.
Dunno wtf was up with the swordflips landing in retarded spots that made me mess up my punishes, happened way more than i wanted >__>; definitely MC'd more than i shouldve, i was just getting impatient overall. You can hear me being salty in random points in the set lol.
I also apparently had release check on which fucked up a few of my WEs into MTs here and there..
Last match i switch to my (very bad) Batgirl and in GFs i played Raven. My salt effected my gameplay overall =/

Another set. vs Aquamayne.

In the Deathstroke match up never fly! Also be faster at punishing sword flip... & i guess those D1~mace toss were because of the controller configuration lol! That's all <3 ohh and try to use 3,2~mace charge after a ji1 that hits in the air... It will connect more often than 1,2,3

Weinerstroke is a gay matchup (See what I did there :p). Seriously tho, it sucks. I am positive that this dude can punish MC on reaction with swordflip which is why I hate this move and is also why this douche needs to get punished and punished hard everytime he does it. Since DS is supposed to be -25 on block of swordflip, I recommend punishing swordflip with either B23 or F1 as B23 gives you that ranged punishing ability and F1 gives you just slightly more range than your standard 12WE2 punish.

So like optimally: B23>B1>WE3whiff>F13>MC or F1MTMBupshoulder>123>J2>MC
___

Swordspin sux as this move is not punishable on block. However, if you can kinda read the opponent, you could try to stay close to them on their wakeup and bait the swordspin, then Backdash and MC to beat swordspin.
______
Also gotta be careful with jumpins. At 4:39 you were at that range where DS can beat jumpins with Swordflip. I played some DS's where everytime I was at that range and attempted to jump in, he'd always hit me with swordflip. Luckily, that DS jumped up and got hit.

___

Try to work on those D2 anti airs. DS had too many free jumps. Hurt this fool!
___

blocked WE3 mixup=beautful

So blocked WE3>divekick=beautiful execution
blocked WE3>throw=beautiful execution

Very enjoyable to watch! haha.
____

This matchup is totally 3-7 and really tough. Good job tho it as it really is a pain in the ass, lol.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Weinerstroke is a gay matchup (See what I did there :p)...
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah this MU is one of the reasons i think this game is made by retarded 5 year olds.

for punishing MC he doesnt need to swordflip as there's a chance it'll trade if he's a bit late and its not that much damage, as you saw in the set he can easily just neutral jump 3 whenever he see it and it'll pop HG up for a combo.

That WE3whiff combo is the gayiest thing ever, I cant ever land that consistently in training mode lol, every part of the combo is wonky so i never use that. Usually 123 works as a punish, its just in some odd scenarios (which happened alot in that set for some reason) he lands in weird spots and it makes the 1 whiff.

Swordspin is punishable, but its tough and range dependent. And yeah i was jumping way too much. I was trying to play the "player" as he didnt use swordflip as an AA but more of a wakeup and gtfo me move.

so many of my d2 attempts were becoming WEs and i was getting super salty man, i think its coz i use the default controls, maybe i need to switch to alternate coz I'd simply by crouching blocking with db and then i'll try to d2 and i'll get a WE instead and eat a combo :(

I played against another DS today in a 5v5 league thing (I'll post the vids when they're uploaded) and there's almost a month gap between the 2 sets so maybe it'll show some improvement in the MU >.>

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Got uploaded earlier than i expected. 5v5 tourney, our team is running the gauntlet and its 2/3. Vs DS/Aquaman/BA/Bats/Supes
The commentary is a bit delayed which makes it kinda annoying actually but w/e.
whenever you see a random standing 2 it was probably a MC or WE but online is amazing so it eats my inputs =P

(Yes I'm running a new tag, should be the only HG)

Should already have the timestamp where i start, if not its 0:36:24

Clark

Hides behind armor
GG's Eternal Blaze. I was Clark (Superman) on the Gameclucks Slugfest team. By far the best Hawkgirl I've ever fought and would love to fight you offline sometime. I was nervous going into that game, but it ended up working out in my favor. I bet offline we would have some great sets. Props man.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yeah GGs for sure man, I got too impatient as the connection wasnt as good as i wanted it to be and ate a few too many f23's lol. I'll definitely try to come up to one of the Seattle tourneys in the future to play offline.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
all i got to say is......dam dat quality....lol

lol well I was hoping people would get something out of the matches.

I mainly posted this because I know a lot of people were worried about this match up and maybe the gameplay would help and give some ideas on how to tackle Martian with Hawkgirl. Sometimes I suck at explaining things so there's that.

lol cmon, the quality really wasn't that bad. I could see everything that was going on. Yes, good things in the vid. Dem divekix, haha. Good stuff, Espio.

BBNik

Noob
I know no one who plays Hawkgirl in person. I've been watching these videos on this thread for a little bit and would like some tips if you have any :p

My problem is that if you fight me a lot, you'll notice I am predictable, as my brother says.

Apologies for the background noise, this took place at Otaku Expo in the Philippines. And well, there was a japanese song battle of the bands thing going on in the background. I made a few misinputs. All that means is that I gotta practice my inputs :p

VS Killer Frost/Black Adam -
VS Batman/Nightwing -

PS. The rule was a 50/50 map selection. I constantly chose Watchtower for the advantage of the flying robots with my flight