What's new

Strategy Hawk Girl's Corner Game Lets Discuss

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I'm sure it has been discussed before, but I think we should fully discuss our corner game with this chick (no pun intended)!

HG has one of the best corner games I've seen IMO, she has the ability reap 30% - 48% in the corner and nearly every thing she has in her tool set can be used consistently to push your opponent there.

A fellow PTH member and I sent time with her the other night and we found many different corner combos and start-ups that really take advantage of her. One thing in particular is this trick, use this as an ender and it will score you a large amount of damage in the corner with her,

MC Mb trait, 2, 3. This will do a total of 35% on its own, but linked in say this combo: B2,3 B1 We3, 2,2, 1,2,3, MCMB, trait,2,3 will get you 47-48%.

So what other crazy things you guys got and what are your thoughts on this.

Espio
RunwayMafia

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
You can get that damage without spending a bar, I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.

some combos like b22 xx WE2 /b23 b1 WE3 b1 WE3 123 32b1 should do around 45% to 47%

There's also the recently discovered MC MB~ 4 fly 1 MC MB loop if you want big damage for more bar.

Hawkgirl's corner game is pretty solid. There's a high/low mixup with b22/b23 that can go into full combo, if the opponent knows that they can fuzzy guard this its alot less effective though. Even if they block it though you still get some meter and chip plus you're safe or at +4 if you end with WE2.
She also has the 22 string which can be a neat gimmick/mixup if you do a WE2 after as thats a double overhead. I call it a gimmick coz you simple block high through the whole thing and there's no low option to mix up, there's also the fact that the WE2 doesnt actually combo if the 22 hits >.>;
Another option is to do the 22u3 which is -1 and side-switches, this can confuse opponents to get a sneak-in throw or a d1 to WE3 to side switch again =P You can also do this to use a corner interactable (preferably MB'd). This is stage dependant but can be very useful (eg: Themyscira upper level, you have the tree or the fire disc, lambo in wayne manor, water tank in atlantis etc).

There's also just poking with d1 and WE moves to annoy the opponent and hopefully bait something, hawkgirl's punishes become deadly in the corner as you can 40%+ meterless or between 50%-70% with bars from her 6f normals.

You can also do whatever string and end in MC, this builds alot of meter, gives you great spacing to d2 them if they try to jump out, and you can get a combo if the string/MC hits.

Another thing to keep in mind is the divekick/sweep 50/50. Granted the reward is low but it can get in people's heads and can be used as a way to get them to start blocking low for all your other mixups. Just keep in mind that the sweep is unsafe.

Espio

Kokomo
I like doing back 2,2 MB mace charge or back 2,2 wing evade 2 as both can launch into big damage, build decent meter, and are plus on block.
Both are mid, low, overhead mix ups.

I like doing ambiguous dive kick set ups when I knock the opponent down after a combo and then sometimes once they respect the dive kick I'll go into throw or another block string to keep the presssure on or get frame advantage. Sometimes I'll do forward 1, 3 repetitions, but it's somewhat gimmicky because people can just duck, but if you catch them standing and go into wing evade 3 or 2 you might be able to set up a throw or catch them ducking to avoid your follow up forward 1,3.

People with fast wake ups in the corner like Catwoman I like to blow them up with MB forward 3 because it's harder to oki her with moves like that.

For people who try to armor out of pressure I like to do 3, 2, for its armor breaking properties.

2,2 up 3/ 2,2 wing evade 2 catches people a lot too, Blaze mentioned it above so I won't go over that again.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
This is why I made this thread as I figured there just so many insane options for her corner game.

kaseyk

Noob
my fav corner starter is the air mt mb :) one of my fav combos aswell because u can do it from 3/4 screen air mtmb-f13-mcmb-4-1-mcmb-4-12d3 50% and it looks sweet to !
hg corner game is viscous . touch is 50% if u have bars (which we always do :p) and we panic our opponents with so many options .

BBNik

Noob
Since people here are talking about her corner combos, i'll talk about her corner cross up potential :p

We have a few options to cross up an opponent when in the corner. These options revolve around d3 (in air), meter burn mace throw and we2 whilst on the ground.

The aerial d3 attack is like amazing to end combos with or just to mess with enemies. It can be ambiguous depending on where you dive kick whilst above them. Not much need to explain this.

Aerial downward Mace throw is a really good tool for pressuring the enemy, even when they're in the corner. But one thing you can do is meter burn it to cross up the enemy with the charge. At a certain height f you meter burn it, hawkgirl will fly above them and hit them from behind due to her animation falling downwards and forwards. Since she hits the wall, she technically stops moving but she is still in her charge state that allows you to hit them from behind. This works whether or not you hit them with the mace throw first. It works great since people don't expect it to cross up usually.

We2 while the enemy is on the floor is a possible cross up tactic you can do. While it may put you in the corner, it is a very strange cross up that will confuse people usually. This generally works after a HKD since it grounds the enemy longer allowing you to get in close and we2. This can work outside the corner as well. I'm not sure but it may only work on smaller bodies.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I play her mix-up game. I use b23 a lot, then when the opponent sees that coming, I'll mix in b223 to start sweeping them up. I try to focus on her pressure instead of damage, so I'll just do basic bnb's for the low 30%'s. If my terminology is off call me out peeps!