What's new

Having trouble playing footsie with Jax. How do you attack people who back up constantly and premptively press d4/jump to halt or evade your attacks?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
This is all so objectively wrong. Everything.
Now I’m willing to help you level up but only if you promise me to stop it with the Jax-ptsd.
Nah, I should really play good Jax players only, I don't wanna learn bad habits. Thanks for the offer tho.
It's very easy to whiff punish jax if you have space because his moves don't have long range, especially if you play a zoner or someone with long range normals. Against a good Noob saibot or Kabal, Cage they all excel at hitting him while not getting hit.All the meaty and Oki options you described rarely work due to the wakeup guessing game, which means if I press f3 on their wakeup I may get hit, comboed or hard whiff punished. I feel like the wakeups destroy Jax's momentum since he has to be right near you
I mean if you're in his face and you roll backwards, F2 is gonna get you. His frames may be shit, and people gonna scream about it, but if you're playing against a good Jax they'll keep you guessing all game. Unless, as I said, you zone him out cause he sucks when he's out of range of his bf2. But have you ever seen a Jax wave dash towards you? That shit is scary bro, thank God for Kitana's fans lmao. They're my 'stay away from me big metal arm daddy' tool.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Nah, I should really play good Jax players only, I don't wanna learn bad habits. Thanks for the offer tho.

I mean if you're in his face and you roll backwards, F2 is gonna get you. His frames may be shit, and people gonna scream about it, but if you're playing against a good Jax they'll keep you guessing all game. Unless, as I said, you zone him out cause he sucks when he's out of range of his bf2. But have you ever seen a Jax wave dash towards you? That shit is scary bro, thank God for Kitana's fans lmao. They're my 'stay away from me big metal arm daddy' tool.
I reckon if you're mad at Jax because you have no clue how wakeups in this game work then I would probably mop you free.

Daaaaaaamn gurl, did you main Reptile in MKX?

Cuz dis COLD BLOODED.

So like...

why are we teaching people how to beat jax on your wakeup in this thread?

Wasn't he asking how to play footsies AS jax?

I hate all of you.
Its easy just do random stuff on wakeup; neutral jump, buttons, armored, delay. It will make Jax afraid of pressing buttons on your wakeup which gives you more time to run away

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
Hey just remember if you do f21 and it hits dash up and jump over if they wake up up3 it will wiff any hkd for the matter if you're in breathing on neck range. Also if they delay wu then meaty 12 its plus. :) since its plus you can go for that THANOS STAGGER OF F3 hope that helps