What's new

Having Only One Outfit Per Character in Kompetitive is Stupid!

Especially since everybody only has like 4 to 5 outfits and the other 56-55 are just recolors of the same skin. I mean how hard would it have been to have the option to select outfit 1, 2, 3 or 4 and then choose one of the 12 or whatever colors it has?

SF4 is from 2008 or something and was able to do that, why not MK11?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
You basically have to create a new variation with the competitive preset for each outfit you want. The variation and gear system is so needlessly excessive and poorly executed that it made other elements of the game suffer for it. In fact nearly everything surrounding the core fighting mechanics feels like a rushed afterthought. The krypt, variations, gear, augments, AI battle, the premium "shop", towers of time, it's all utterly terrible. At least the story mode was good.

what? in ranked I get the same skin/gear from my custom variation (which is basically a copy of the moveset from the competitive one)

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
what? in ranked I get the same skin/gear from my custom variation (which is basically a copy of the moveset from the competitive one)
He means you can’t switch them on-the-fly. Like use different outfits during his ranked sets. Instead, you have to go back to the variation customization screen and switch them each time, since you can only have a single one set as your default. Whereas with MKX, you just selected your skin via the character select screen.

And he’s not wrong. It’s kind of annoying.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Ffs I'd just take the ability to change skins during sets right now.

You know like we've been able to do since 1495 but can't in this game smfh

trufenix

bye felicia
Like, 90% of games out there have you pick a main character and skin for ranked and that's it. You never get to change anything. MK is like the only one that lets you change anything anymore.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
As nice as it would be to have access to all my costumes in ranked, at least I can choose the one I want to see for a while and have access to two separate colors for it.