What's new

Having more than 8 GB of memory has any impact of MK10 performance?

Hi, i play MK 10 on pc, and i have a Geforce GTX470 , 8gb of ram. I play the game on max without problem, except sometimes i feel the game slows a little, but just a little. Wanted to ask if increasing the memory can have any impact on the game´s performance. I saw some videos about other games and i see that most of the time Ram memory its only good if you multitask a lot, but dont know if this is the case in particular with MK10.
And i am also waiting for the MK11 :) and dont know if increasing memory its worth atm.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I mostly play on PS4, but the last time I played on PC I also experienced what you're describing. It seems to kick in after a half hour or so. I have 16gb ram, an i7 @ 3.4GHz, and an R9270. I've since upgraded to a GTX 980 (up to 4gb VRAM from 2) but haven't played MKX with it yet.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
What's your CPU?

It used to do that on my old FX-8320 and now I have a Ryzen 5 1600 and there is no stutter or lag at all.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Hi, i play MK 10 on pc, and i have a Geforce GTX470 , 8gb of ram. I play the game on max without problem, except sometimes i feel the game slows a little, but just a little. Wanted to ask if increasing the memory can have any impact on the game´s performance. I saw some videos about other games and i see that most of the time Ram memory its only good if you multitask a lot, but dont know if this is the case in particular with MK10.
And i am also waiting for the MK11 :) and dont know if increasing memory its worth atm.
The RAM isn't a problem here. The GTX470 is old. I'm not sure how you're running MKX on max settings with that. I would expect you could barely run it at absolute minimum settings. If the game drops from a constant 60 fps you need to turn down the gfx settings a bit.

And I don't think you will be able to run MK11 with a GTX470 at all.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
It may be the problem.
Def not the problem because it was flawless for me when I had a i5 2500 non k version. 8gb of ram but I had a gtx 970 so def thinking that’s the problem. Many other games though the 2500 was a huge bottle neck so def not a bad assumption.

The RAM isn't a problem here. The GTX470 is old. I'm not sure how you're running MKX on max settings with that. I would expect you could barely run it at absolute minimum settings. If the game drops from a constant 60 fps you need to turn down the gfx settings a bit.

And I don't think you will be able to run MK11 with a GTX470 at all.

Sorry, my fault , its not a 470 its a GTX 970 4 RAM

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
In your Nvidia control panel make sure you have "Prefer maximum performance" or something like that enabled. Make sure you dont have any antivirus or stuff like that doing live scans also. You could also download something like Rivatuner and see what % of your gpu and your cpu are being used to determine a possible bottleneck.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
For the system requirements for Mortal Kombat 11, Steam shows the minimum CPU is an i5, and the recommended is an i3.

Does that even make sense?
Sounds standard.

Then the problem is probably not the CPU. I would update all drivers and if that doesn't work then re-install the game.

Sounds standard.

Then the problem is probably not the CPU. I would update all drivers and if that doesn't work then re-install the game.
Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear: Mortal Kombat 11, which of course is not out yet, shows a minimum requirement of an i5 CPU for the game, but recommends an i3.

It's recommending an overall lesser processor.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Sorry, I don't think I made myself clear: Mortal Kombat 11, which of course is not out yet, shows a minimum requirement of an i5 CPU for the game, but recommends an i3.

No that would be an error.

Immortal

Blind justice....

First of all - you should take those specifications with a grain of salt. It will probably change when the game is done and optimization is over. Those specification given now are more or less a placeholder to give you an idea mostly about GPU you will need.

Secondly - i5-750 is based on like 2009 Nehelam architecture has 4 cores with no HT; i3-2100 has 2 cores (+2 HT) so 4 threads and is based on newer architecture (Sandy Bridge, 2011). Both gives you pretty roughly the same performance in games.

Firstly update your drivers (especially for GPU). If this doesn't help download MSI Afterburner, configure OSD options to show CPU and GPU usage (in case of GPU also add core clock), memory usage and obviously FPS counter.

Play the game and observe mentioned things, from there it will be pretty easy to find whats actually the problem.

In general 8 GB of RAM is enough to play MK X unless you got like dozen of other things in background (lkie for example Chrome with X tabs) when you play. Once again everything you need to know will be shown to you with Afterburner. Go from there.