What's new

Question Haven't been able to use Smoke consistently since 1st DLC

Kryogenic

The Coolinator
And what I mean by that is every time I choose Smoke's Costume 2 I get desynced. I hate his default skin... Fabio Smoke plays for the other team. He's a switch hitter. His bread is buttered on the other side. He... all right, enough of that.

I've redownloaded all of my skins, DLC and compatibility packs and it still happens. I actually got one match in with him last night and it made me want to play as him some more.

Anyone else have this issue and/or know how to fix this?

Sasuga

Noob
Did you delete the old data before you redownloaded? See how it works without all the DLC, then redowload and try again.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
And what I mean by that is every time I choose Smoke's Costume 2 I get desynced. I
I think last night was just a bad night. My room mate and I went online to 5 minute Kung Lao people (and to see some freddy action) and after spending 30 minutes looking and playing matches that ended in discons I ended up not getting a single full match in. Reminded me of why I quit playing online.

The online is what it is and if you have the option of playing with a local community, my suggestion would be to drop online altogether.

Kryogenic

The Coolinator
I'm on Xbox.

I did not delete the old stuff before downloading it. I'll try that.

As far as playing with a local community, I'm out of luck. My local friends stopped playing fighting games with me after SSF4 and there is absolutely no local scene here. I live by the beach so anything that isn't beach related isn't going to see too many people.

Jamison

Noob
It was Nightmare on Elm Street night, so you could only dream about a match. EVERYONE was playing with all their $1 connections. Desync for the most part is gone the only time it shows its ugly head is DLC release night. By next week everything will be back to normal. However, I will mention if you pick Smoke MK2 skin without "Hidden Cursor" good luck finding a match even after Freddy's dead. Players run for the hills when prepatch Smoke is selected.