What's new

Have NRS addressed cross-console progression?

Hey everyone! Perhaps I missed this, but have NRS said whether or not there will be cross-console progression? In other words, if I play the game on Xbox One X and also buy it for Switch to play on the go, will I be able to share my progression between the two systems? It would suck to have to unlock all that stuff twice... Pretty sure other games have done this in the past, and it would go a long way towards me picking up a second copy for the Switch. I tweeted the question to them in regard to the Kombat Kast this week, but who knows if they'll even see it. If anyone has any info on the subject, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Reactions: Zev

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
No. NetherRealm's Derek Kirtzic said they definitely have considered it as well as crossplay in general, but it's not being implemented.

Reactions: Zev

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I’m not sure if that will be a thing any time soon. With some trophies/achievements being tied to progression, that would create an issue of getting “free” trophies, I’d think. Playing a game once and getting all achievements on both PS4 and Xbox, for example... I dunno, that’s just one thing. Im sure there’s a lot more behind the scenes that would have to be considered, such as server communication, offline progression, save files being different formats between consoles, pretty much anything linked to syncing any sort of progression, especially if the two versions are player independently at some point and don’t match up...

I dunno man, just way too much to consider. Probably why almost no games do cross-platform saves. Fortnite might be the only one, if that even does it. I don’t play it but I heard that topic come up a lot.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Playing a game once and getting all achievements on both PS4 and Xbox, for example... I dunno, that’s just one thing.
I'm not sure why that should matter. It's not like trophies add features to your account, or give you discounts on PSN, or something. They're fun to have as something to work towards in a game, but if you already got them, you don't want to work towards them again. Seems, I dunno, not a big deal.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I'm not sure why that should matter. It's not like trophies add features to your account, or give you discounts on PSN, or something. They're fun to have as something to work towards in a game, but if you already got them, you don't want to work towards them again. Seems, I dunno, not a big deal.
I don’t disagree. Trophies don’t matter to me at all. But some people really care. However, I was thinking more along the lines of Sony & Microsoft, and how they might feel about it.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I don’t disagree. Trophies don’t matter to me at all. But some people really care. However, I was thinking more along the lines of Sony & Microsoft, and how they might feel about it.
I'm just not sure what Sony or Microsoft would have to lose by handing out a few "free" trophies.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Officially, the crossplay is on the papers, according to NRS. They considered and wanted it, but it's up to the publishers (Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony) to implement it. Fortnite is the first to happen, but we don't know if they'll implement it for the FGs in general. A lot of people want it, apparently.

As the progression thing, afaik, it's not happening.