What's new

Have any of the new "???" gear pieces added with Aftermath become available yet?

Art Lean

Noob
Just checking to see if anyone's unlocked any of the gear pieces labelled "???" yet that were added to the game with Aftermath?

Had it in the past with DLC characters like Sindel whose gear pieces labelled "???" ended up just being random ToT skin or gear piece rewards, but still can't find any info on items like Frost's "Ice Demon" power array, Scorpion's "Satoshi's Avenger" mask, Skarlet's "The Red Priestess" mask, Sub Zero's "Master of the Medallion" mask etc.

Has anyone managed to unlock any of these yet or are they all still mysteriously sealed away until further notice?

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think ??? means KL but don't quote me on that. I can do some research I'm bored at work.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Oh I just checked it out, apparently, it's race against time rewards.

video:

Art Lean

Noob
Oh I just checked it out, apparently, it's race against time rewards.

video:
You've lost me there? That video's from May 2019 and I'm talking about the new gear pieces like these that only appeared on the gear list once Aftermath was released:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, well what I assume it is, it's gear that isn't unlockable yet they just added in before. IDK man.

Art Lean

Noob
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, well what I assume it is, it's gear that isn't unlockable yet they just added in before. IDK man.
Haha that’s what I was asking; whether anyone had managed to unlock any yet or if it was still all locked out for all of us. :D

I just remember how when Sindel was released she had “???” gear pieces and skins, but they were awarded to me in normal ToTs regardless of their mystery, so just wanted to check I wasn’t missing out on anything that others may have unlocked already somehow.

At least I know I’m not missing out :)

Last edited:
I play every brutal-level ToT and have yet to have any new “???” Gear drop. The only things that I get are higher level augments (3 or 4) and sometimes a Jensei augment.

A bunch of these have been removed in this patch. I suppose they’re for future KL seasons or something and were exposed by accident.

Art Lean

Noob
A bunch of these have been removed in this patch. I suppose they’re for future KL seasons or something and were exposed by accident.
Yeah was just about to post the same thing! Most of it's really stupid looking anyway, but I do like the lovely simple Scorpion mask and the ornate Oriental power array for Frost... so hope they won't be locked behind stuff that's out of my talent-reach.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Or removed because the rumoured gauntlet additions taking longer than they thought? (Again the adding of more stages to the gauntlet was only a rumor)

I liked one of the baraka flags, rest of gear was pretty meh, slight recolours most them

Art Lean

Noob
Wow so we're nearly a year on and everything else leaked on the gear list of Aftermath I believe has come out in the Kombat League by this point, but strangely Sub Zero's 'Master of the Medallion' mask is still completely absent from the game. Granted, they're at least still giving us new KL gear rewards but practically everything's just a new palette swap at this point rather than all new gear, wonder why they're holding out on this mask for so long?

And I guess we're not getting that rumoured Gauntlet expansion at this point...