What's new

Has NRS stopped patch support?

I know that NRS are done with DLC for Injustice 2, but have they also stopped making new patches? I remember Mortal Kombat 9, Mortal Kombat X, and Injustice: Gods Among Us were all still being patched long after the DLC for them ended. I'm hoping that NRS is still working on more patches for Injustice 2. The game still has some bugs that need to be ironed out, and it could also do with some more balance changes. I've tried contacting Ed Boon on Twitter and asking him if they are still patching the game, but unfortunately I don't get any response from him. Mortal Kombat 11 is still a ways off, and I don't expect to see that game any earlier than mid 2019. Even if they are currently hard at work on MK11 there is no reason they can't put a small team together to continue work on more Injustice 2 patches.

gitblame

Noob
We're in the middle of IPS season 2. Balance patch now just days before 2 tournaments is not the best idea.

Besides, game is in really good state. If anything this game needs balance wise it would be some help for some of the low tiers. I am pretty sure we will see some tweaks in the future. We need to be patient.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I hate to admit it but the game is very balanced. The only characters I can see that really need love are Raiden and... idk

I'd not be too upset if there are no more patches, but I can definitely imagine there being one last patch a bit later this year a la MKXL's October 2016 patch.

Maybe the bottom 5 or 10 could do with some small buffs, but otherwise the game is in a very good place.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Also, just to add up to what most people have said and to answer your question about polishing bugs.

It would be for the best if the NRS themselves started working on a new Engine, polish things up from the ground up, like input system, animations, a mass overhaul in their training mode, i pretty much would prefer if their time and resources were taken into make their next bigger project looks as sharp as possible this includes of course the thing i ask them to do the most in every damn interaction, estabilish some damn rule on how they develop the damn game.

The next NRS game will not cut it without these 4 main things, we will be getting under the impression that we're getting more of the same, so these 4 major things needs to change.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Short answer: We don't know; likely not just yet.

Long answer: Likely not just yet but we can't be sure so we need to just wait and see what comes next. It's unlike NRS to fall silent for so long without throwing their fans a bone. Chances are -something- is happening behind the scenes. Whether it is a new game that will be announced for 2020 or updates to the last two games, we can't know just yet.
Personally, I'm hoping for the latter. I want to see Ultimate MKX. I want to see Injustice 2 Extended Version. I want to see a Kamidogu MMORPG where you can customise characters based on the faction you pick, so you can make Lin Kuei, Special Forces, Shaolins or what the hell ever and fight for whatever realm you see fit. But that's a stretch.

Wigy

There it is...
Aside from a few characters the games pretty balanced. The main changes they need to make are big work with hurtbox fixes.

Think NRS just did a really shit job balancing execution/effectiveness.

Though.. I feel like corner jump out dive kicks should be made negative or no Invincibility frames

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Pro series is going on so I wouldn't expect anything till past evo like how the game started.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Aside from a few characters the games pretty balanced. The main changes they need to make are big work with hurtbox fixes.

Think NRS just did a really shit job balancing execution/effectiveness.

Though.. I feel like corner jump out dive kicks should be made negative or no Invincibility frames
Corner divekicks should be negative or not so difficult/hard of a read to interrupt. You don't see it abused too often in higher level play but when you do it's game changing. Why a infinite, resource-less, plus on block, semi-invincible, MB for armoured attack is your reward for being cornered is weird to me.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Corner divekicks should be negative or not so difficult/hard of a read to interrupt. You don't see it abused too often in higher level play but when you do it's game changing. Why a infinite, resource-less, plus on block, semi-invincible, MB for armoured attack is your reward for being cornered is weird to me.
What does this refer to?

Also, just to add up to what most people have said and to answer your question about polishing bugs.

It would be for the best if the NRS themselves started working on a new Engine, polish things up from the ground up, like input system, animations, a mass overhaul in their training mode, i pretty much would prefer if their time and resources were taken into make their next bigger project looks as sharp as possible this includes of course the thing i ask them to do the most in every damn interaction, estabilish some damn rule on how they develop the damn game.

The next NRS game will not cut it without these 4 main things, we will be getting under the impression that we're getting more of the same, so these 4 major things needs to change.
I'm almost certain they are switching to Unreal Engine 4 for MK11 and Injustice 3. So I don't think you have anything to worry about. (Remember, Injustice 2 still runs on the Unreal Engine 3, which is ancient by today's standards. I think UE3 was first released way back in 2004 if I'm not mistaken. So it really does show you how flexible the Unreal engines are, considering that Injustice 2 looks and plays better than a lot of games coming out now.)

The one thing I will say however is I think NRS need to increase the development time for their games. Instead of giving us a new game every two years they should make it every three to four years. I think a two year development schedule for Injustice 2 really pushed the development team beyond their limits. Which is why we don't have things like a model viewer and concept art unlocks in Injustice 2. I think with the implementation of the gear system a two year development cycle just isn't enough time.

trufenix

bye felicia
There isn't going to be a "new engine" ever and I'm sure the NRS programmers love it when people say that, since they've spend 10 years of their lives improving it. UE3 doesn't do half the things MKX/I2 can. UE4 doesn't.

JDM

Noob
There isn't going to be a "new engine" ever and I'm sure the NRS programmers love it when people say that, since they've spend 10 years of their lives improving it. UE3 doesn't do half the things MKX/I2 can. UE4 doesn't.
Like what exactly? Just curious.

Wigy

There it is...
fair and balanced because he gets zoned out by Dr Fate.
and only dr fate.
and even then it isn't easy because he can just low profile everything.
Mix characters are always hard to balance.

He could have done with a damage nerf for a while though, he's really good but not the best in the game. Just hella annoying.

Wigy

There it is...
Not really. You make them powerful up close but balance it out by making them struggle against zoning and defensive play. look at Bane, look at Canary, they're fucking honest.
right now he doesn't get zoned because he has a low profiling MKX run, a braindead parry that has no recovery, and a trait that turns that full screen run into a launcher. like, fuck off please nrs
Canary and bane are just both pretty weak.

Flash doesn't have a parry. Unless u mean his projectile dodge. Which is fairly meh.

Trait rms run in is a gimmicky read.

Tbh I don't want anything that encourages more zoners. Zoners being really good and easy has killed a lot of the hype for this game.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
what is this "game is balanced" meme lmao. like hello flash gets to launch you for 40% with his +50 lightning kick still????
fair and balanced because he gets zoned out by Dr Fate.
and only dr fate.
and even then it isn't easy because he can just low profile everything.
Lightning Kick is not just not plus, it's actually punishable lol

Not really. You make them powerful up close but balance it out by making them struggle against zoning and defensive play. look at Bane, look at Canary, they're fucking honest.
right now he doesn't get zoned because he has a low profiling MKX run, a braindead parry that has no recovery, and a trait that turns that full screen run into a launcher. like, fuck off please nrs
If RMS is a free way in on you, that is not the games fault. You have all the options in the world to beat it.

Flash's weakness is not meant to be zoning, he has a whole bunch of tools designed to stop him from auto-losing to zoning. For example he did fine against even prepatch Deadshot. His weakness is his terrible buttons and the fact that his fastest mid is 15f and is shorter than a lot of characters D3, and his D1 is likely the shortest button in the entire game. If you try to play a game of mindless buttons vs Flash, he will win those trades as eventually you give up your turn, and he takes his turn much harder than most other characters do. You beat Flash by playing a spacing game alongside it and bullying him with better buttons, almost everyone in the game has an advantage here. Of course some struggle and this is Flash's good match ups

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Completely missed the point on top of thinking everyone else has a different definition of NRS "engine".

NRS needs a dynamic fighting game animator that can make their game visual appealing to the mass when fighting, a better input system which doesn't make feel like characters are floating underwater and have a chance of behave weird while doing dial commands, and their training mode needs some serious overhaul. In general NRS seriously needs to reinvent themselves and polish those areas.

Of course they can still do all this in UE3, but i'm not even sure if this is going to cut it, every other fighting game developer has been working with UE4 for a while now. They've been working with UE3 since PS3, its time to switch up, here is a reason in one single pic why UE4 over UE3

Look at tekken for example, UE4 got an update to make the input lag reduced by 4f, now tekken has 4.5 of input lag on PS4, that's a pretty big deal.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Lightning Kick is not just not plus, it's actually punishable lol

If RMS is a free way in on you, that is not the games fault. You have all the options in the world to beat it.

Flash's weakness is not meant to be zoning, he has a whole bunch of tools designed to stop him from auto-losing to zoning. For example he did fine against even prepatch Deadshot. His weakness is his terrible buttons and the fact that his fastest mid is 15f and is shorter than a lot of characters D3, and his D1 is likely the shortest button in the entire game. If you try to play a game of mindless buttons vs Flash, he will win those trades as eventually you give up your turn, and he takes his turn much harder than most other characters do. You beat Flash by playing spacing him and bullying him with better buttons, almost everyone in the game has an advantage here. Of course some struggle and this is Flash's good match ups
God confirm the: