What's new

Has EVO ever done UMK3?

I figure the audience for MK is much smaller than for SF or GG but had EVO ever had UMK3 or another MK game?

I lived out in the middle of nowhere as a kid and only got the arcade randomly so my arcade skills arent for anything and by the time I played SFCE it was on Genesis so my experience was :? to say the least but my cousin and I used to play MK 2 and 3 competitively every day so I feel Im a pretty okay player. I've seen some of Konqurr's vids but just never knew if the games got put on a big stage as I would have liked to seen them.

*sorry for the longwinded life story garbage*

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We hope to get it to the point where UMK3 is recognized for what it is, and becomes the Super Turbo of MK. I don't think it's been an official tournament game, ever. It's always been held "on the side" and the people who play in it have to post the results because so few people in the general fighting game population care about it, whereas other games people might not actually play, but follow it them like crazy. MK always has people who just watch and say "I didn't know this game was so deep, I've never seen anyone play it like this."

MKR

Noob
well i never heard any mk in Evo but i don;t know about MKD however i am also start MKD tournament in Pakistan,Karachi.

JChang

Noob
Hi, Yes we are very into MKD tournament right now, we will be getting the finest players of MK in Karachi. Soon the Matches will be uploaded and ready for viewing in few month. :p

Hasn't ever been done in EVO but hopefully with all the buzz around UMK 3 for XBLA and PS2's premium pack in, maybe we'll see it in evo soon. I think this site is a great launch pad for making that happen as welll.