What's new

Has anyone done an analysis on walk speeds and/or dashes in this game?

Hey everyone! Just like the title says, I'm curious if anyone has analyzed the walk speeds and/or dashes in this game. I initially started playing Noob, but I'm not sure he really fits my play style. His overall movement is a little slow for me. I like the speed of Jacqui, but I don't want to jump on the bandwagon... Plus--and I know this is really dumb and trite-- I have a hard time picking a normal human character in Mortal Kombat. Why would I want to use a regular human when I could use one of the crazy fuckers?!?

Anyway, after playing some matches in the Kombat League, I feel like characters can walk backwards away from Noob for quite a while. It almost feels like their backwards walk is nearly the same speed as my forwards walk. Or maybe I'm just impatient... ;)

ZeroSymbolic

Social Justice Barbarian
Baraka might be your thing. Monster dude. F4 is very fast and far advancing mid. Dude does stupid damage, dude can also play some ranged game.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think there was a thread about this? @Circus didn't you make it? I remember a walk speed tier list back when the game launched.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I think there was a thread about this? @Circus didn't you make it? I remember a walk speed tier list back when the game launched.
It's wasn't a list of fastest initial-dashes and it was before release. I think there was someone else who made one that was more detailed if I remember correctly.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Baraka might be your thing. Monster dude. F4 is very fast and far advancing mid. Dude does stupid damage, dude can also play some ranged game.
Baraka is very good, but movement is not the reason to play him. His walk is solid but his dash is really weak, and his wave dash is slower than walking.