What's new

Has anyone actually pulled off geyser kb in ranked?

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
The geyser kb prerequisites are ridiculous. You have to miss 3 times for it to come out. Its never worth the risk because its 28 start up. Unless Cetrion has a stagger that leaves the opponent stunned long enough to whiff geyser, and then retreat to block any punishes, its hard to believe the kb is easy to pull off. Its a good kb to, it bounces the opponent. The only time I get it to come out is during the "finish them" part, where I'm free to whiff geyser 3x and then kb them.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I’ve never even attempted it, whiffing 3 geysers in a row is like 4+ seconds of recovery time. It’s a god awful KB. Cetrion pretty much has 3 completely unuseable KBs. But she does have 2 good ones and a situational one, so it’s not bad, still way better than Johnny.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I’ve never even attempted it, whiffing 3 geysers in a row is like 4+ seconds of recovery time. It’s a god awful KB. Cetrion pretty much has 3 completely unuseable KBs. But she does have 2 good ones and a situational one, so it’s not bad, still way better than Johnny.
213 kb is probably her only good one. Johnny has bad kbs? I always wondered why I never see them.

trufenix

bye felicia
213 kb is probably her only good one. Johnny has bad kbs? I always wondered why I never see them.
Johnny has 1 good KB and its only on punish with the nutpunch. He'll get another if the hit boxes on his strings ever get fixed. All the others are dumb and unusable.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Boulder KB is good imo because it’s so threatening it makes people afraid to jump against Cet. AMP Wall KB is situational but it’s really good against characters who like to use projectiles in the range of far wall AMP like Kabal.

The geyser kb prerequisites are ridiculous. You have to miss 3 times for it to come out. Its never worth the risk because its 28 start up. Unless Cetrion has a stagger that leaves the opponent stunned long enough to whiff geyser, and then retreat to block any punishes, its hard to believe the kb is easy to pull off. Its a good kb to, it bounces the opponent. The only time I get it to come out is during the "finish them" part, where I'm free to whiff geyser 3x and then kb them.
Same with the seaweed grab. Never hit it once. So many stupid requirement KB in this game.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Damn really? I wish it was clipped, tbh there should be a trophy achievement just for that kb. I wonder if u can combo geyser 2x more because the kb has a juggle
The guy was scrub lol so it was pretty easy getting it.
And If you mean doing KB geyser into amplified Geyser, na you can’t. It’s just a regular geyser

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
The guy was scrub lol so it was pretty easy getting it.
And If you mean doing KB geyser into amplified Geyser, na you can’t. It’s just a regular geyser
Oh I mean since the kb has a bounce, during the juggle you do another geyser & ex. Then just one more before they land. I'll have to lab it to find out.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia
28F startup is risky? Raiden lightining bolt is 28f, Lightinig strike is 27f and -29 on block and he cant combo of it unlike Cetrion.
And in game it says Cetrion geyser is 18f startup which leads to full combo and only -20 on block.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
My personal take on this KB was that they made it, but realized that the move was already good as hell and just gave it a unusable requirement so it wouldn't be cheap

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Gotta love that NRS would implement a Krushing Blow in which the requirements are basically to play the character like a moron. I swear, some of these requirements seem so arbitrary it's like they drew them out of a hat.

Cage's Mime Time KB is still shittier, though.

Johnny has 1 good KB and its only on punish with the nutpunch. He'll get another if the hit boxes on his strings ever get fixed. All the others are dumb and unusable.
Actually that kb is also pretty dumb, because you get pretty much same damage with a normal punish (string into nutpunch amp).

I literally got it by accident for the first time last night lol, and only because I kept doing Geyser because I had enough of a life lead, and wanted to suspend my opponent in the air to hit them with the Air Boulder brutality. I think my opponent thought I was trolling them because they quit. Whoops :confused:

Lokheit

Noob
The KB and brutality designers mixed their tasks, the only logical explanation for the KB mess with so much requeriment disparity among characters is that some designers didn't realize this was a very important part of character balance and treated them like brutalities forcing you to play dumb.

Ofc not. Pulling that shit off takes a lot of time and a catatonic opponent. Not gonna happen, unless the other dude's pad gets disconnected.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I literally got it by accident for the first time last night lol, and only because I kept doing Geyser because I had enough of a life lead, and wanted to suspend my opponent in the air to hit them with the Air Boulder brutality. I think my opponent thought I was trolling them because they quit. Whoops :confused:
rip. Also how do you pull off bf2 after ex geyser? I can never execute it, the timing is hard.

rip. Also how do you pull off bf2 after ex geyser? I can never execute it, the timing is hard.
I literally start the BF2 input soon as I press R1 to amplify it...I don't wait for her to finish the animation. Also, I'm not sure if it can be done at full screen because of the distance the boulder has to travel before it gets to them, by which the character has fallen out of the geyser. I've only managed to hit it at mid screen, so far