What's new

Harley's wakeup

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I would agree more with the idea that Harley is better off this game than she was in IGAU, honestly. Hyenas give her pretty good keep out and set ups. Sure her wake up game and screen mobility aren't as good as they were in the first game, but at least we're not Poison Ivy on knockdown.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Ha, ok, forgive me if I don't take your word for it. You need to explain your reasoning otherwise your post has little to no meaning.

Case in point, I had a 90% win rate with harley in inj1. In inj2 it's 65%. Iv'e been using her character for years, then I picked up superman in the lab for a day and i'm averaging 85% win.
Just because she is not on Superman's level doesn't mean she is not strong.

I'm fine with Harley's wakeup game being high-risk high-reward. Though my opinion is very much influenced by my second most used character being Poison Ivy, whose wake-up game is pre-MKXL D'Vorah levels of bad!

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
And yet you're still to explain why you believe that
Great zoning, 50/50's, very good combo damage, meterless combos (d1 tantrum lol), restand with dot damage, a lot of options in the wakeup including backdash, trait that allows more pressure, really good jumpin/crossup...

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Great zoning, 50/50's, very good combo damage, meterless combos (d1 tantrum lol), restand with dot damage, a lot of options in the wakeup including backdash, trait that allows more pressure, really good jumpin/crossup...
Nice to see you listed your reasons thanks, but she had all of this and more except hyena trait in inj1 and was still low tier. Unless hyenas somehow make up for everything she is now lacking (which I don't believe to be the case) Even with her corner setups she's still far worse than inj1, unless there's some midscreen setup i'm unaware of?

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Nice to see you listed your reasons thanks, but she had all of this and more except hyena trait in inj1 and was still low tier. Unless hyenas somehow make up for everything she is now lacking (which I don't believe to be the case) Even with her corner setups she's still far worse than inj1, unless there's some midscreen setup i'm unaware of?
It's not just about what SHE lost, it's about what everyone else lost in comparison. Zod, Sinestro, Batgirl, and MMH just straight up don't exist anymore. Yeah, Superman, Bladam, Batman, and Aquaman give her problems still, but Flash and Bane were toned down considerably and WW isn't even the same character.

Her Hyenas also allow her to lockdown a lot of characters on the other side of the screen, they either block them and eat chip, spend a bar on MB roll, or get blown up by cupcakes/db1/j2 trying to avoid the Hyena. She does well in Injustice 2

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Ha, ok, forgive me if I don't take your word for it. You need to explain your reasoning otherwise your post has little to no meaning.

Case in point, I had a 90% win rate with harley in inj1. In inj2 it's 65%. Iv'e been using her character for years, then I picked up superman in the lab for a day and i'm averaging 85% win.
Maybe people are better than you? Online wins don't amount to much

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Coming from an aquaman, I don't really think you have much to complain about....
All his wake-ups are stuffable by neutral jumping for a full combo punish, and his best wake up is scoop, which does about 8% damage? Lol.
Trident Rush has no invincibility frames.

Well hyenas are pretty damn useful, for reasons already stated by others above, but there's actually one particularly critical bit of context that's been missed here...

Has Harley been toned down from Injustice 1? Arguably so. But many other veterans have been toned down even more (not so much the likes of Superman and Batman, lol), and the newcomers have been balanced around that slightly 'toned down' benchmark, which makes Harley Quinn more viable in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Probably Harley's best asset is how much less meter dependent she is than so many other characters. While many need at least one bar of meter to be threatening, Harley's meterless damage is so good that she can be threatening with no meter at all, which means you'll have plenty to spare for the many, many other choices meter gives you in this game.

And let's take a moment to appreciate how huge that is. It means you'll usually have at least one bar to pushblock rushdown and CQC characters with. Alternatively, you'll have at least one bar to MB roll with against characters who have better zoning than you. Alternatively alternatively, the threat of TS 1 into b3 may just force people's hand and get them to air tech, forcing them to blow two bars of meter and put themselves into the range Harley probably wants them to be, just to avoid having to take Harley's stellar meterless combo damage + maybe get put into a hyena set-up too.

At the risk of sounding like a fool months down the line, I think Harley is, comparatively, in a better spot in Injustice 2 than she was in Injustice 1. Still not top 5 though. :p

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Well hyenas are pretty damn useful, for reasons already stated by others above, but there's actually one particularly critical bit of context that's been missed here...

Has Harley been toned down from Injustice 1? Arguably so. But many other veterans have been toned down even more (not so much the likes of Superman and Batman, lol), and the newcomers have been balanced around that slightly 'toned down' benchmark, which makes Harley Quinn more viable in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Probably Harley's best asset is how much less meter dependent she is than so many other characters. While many need at least one bar of meter to be threatening, Harley's meterless damage is so good that she can be threatening with no meter at all, which means you'll have plenty to spare for the many, many other choices meter gives you in this game.

And let's take a moment to appreciate how huge that is. It means you'll usually have at least one bar to pushblock rushdown and CQC characters with. Alternatively, you'll have at least one bar to MB roll with against characters who have better zoning than you. Alternatively alternatively, the threat of TS 1 into b3 may just force people's hand and get them to air tech, forcing them to blow two bars of meter and put themselves into the range Harley probably wants them to be, just to avoid having to take Harley's stellar meterless combo damage + maybe get put into a hyena set-up too.

At the risk of sounding like a fool months down the line, I think Harley is, comparatively, in a better spot in Injustice 2 than she was in Injustice 1. Still not top 5 though. :p

Well, when you put it like that it does start to make more sense. I still don't think shes top10 but you raise alot of good points about her strengths, something that I suppose I overlooked by focusing on what she doesn't have now. Thanks for the good explanation dude.

Last edited: