What's new

Harley Quinn's designer is a freakin genius

D

Deleted member 58466

Animations are for sure on point, as with every character in the game. I also love how she uses her guns, and I kinda wish Red Hood was like that too.

But I think Harley as a character was already established.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Very true guys. I also really love her face expressions and lines at her intros NRS fucking nailed it.

"Don't worry. Their teeth are only razor sharp!"

Naah!. All the NRS animations must be horrible.... and everybody is an animation expert an sheeit these days. I personally liked Cold animations. And Darkseid animations were faithful to the comics (Hands behind his arms or crossed arms) and media. But the critics should always shit on people's work like always.
But noo.. His usual fighting starting pose isn't hands behind his back.:rolleyes:
Darkseid wikia hands behind his back as a profile picture. Surprise surprise.
http://characterprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Darkseid

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Naah!. All the NRS animations must be horrible.... and everybody is an animation expert an sheeit these days. I personally liked Cold animations. And Darkseid animations were faithful to the comics (Hands behind his arms or crossed arms) and media. But the critics should always shit on people's work like always.
But noo.. His usual fighting starting pose isn't hands behind his back.:rolleyes:
That’s the most straw man shit I’ve ever seen. Why even bother posting this as if anyone who recognizes there are flaws with the animations in this game ever actually had an issue with his hands being behind his back for his neutral stance? That’s not the problem, but congratulations on being blind to everything that actually is and may your ignorance continue to be bliss if NRS doesn’t improve this aspect of their games moving forward like the rest of us hope they will.

That’s the most straw man shit I’ve ever seen. Why even bother posting this as if anyone who recognizes there are flaws with the animations in this game ever actually had an issue with his hands being behind his back for his neutral stance? That’s not the problem, but congratulations on being blind to everything that actually is and may your ignorance continue to be bliss if NRS doesn’t improve this aspect of their games moving forward like the rest of us hope they will.
File a sign up and make suggestions of how to make the animations better if You are that interested. Give them ideas about How to improve. Like When we complained about Mr freeze lack of helmet and They change it. How to make it better?. Change the Jump animation?. That's the whole complaint about Darkseid?. It can be done if enough people complain. They listen...Unlike CAPCOM... That never listens to their fans.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
File a sign up and make suggestions of how to make the animations better if You are that interested. Give them Ideas about How to improve. Like When we complained about Mr freeze helmet and They change it. How to make it better?. Change the Jump animation?. That's the whole complaint about Darkseid?. It can be done if enough people complain. They listen...Unlike CAPCOM... That never listens to their fans.
Yep you nailed it, that’s the whole complaint! That’s not more straw man shit at all lol.

You’re acting like I’m some Capcom cuck like Shazzy; I think Capcom is diving further and further into the trashcan with everything they do but this has nothing to do with that company anyway.

Regardless of how I feel about Capcom, that doesn’t mean I can’t hope NRS does listen to its fans yet again and actually improve their animations, which in many cases are not up to the standards they should be still.

Enough back and forth, dude, the fact of the matter is whether you agree or disagree you need to show some respect to the other side of the fence and stop dumbing down their argument to fit your own narrative. If you’re happy enough already with the mediocrity of their animations what does it even hurt you to have those animations improved even more moving forward anyway?

Stop being such a white knight for NRS, they don’t need that at all and nobody here is even bashing them. I’m on their forums and not any other fighting game company’s for a reason, buddy.

Yep you nailed it, that’s the whole complaint! That’s not more straw man shit at all lol.

You’re acting like I’m some Capcom cuck like Shazzy; I think Capcom is diving further and further into the trashcan with everything they do but this has nothing to do with that company anyway.

Regardless of how I feel about Capcom, that doesn’t mean I can’t hope NRS does listen to its fans yet again and actually improve their animations, which in many cases are not up to the standards they should be still.

Enough back and forth, dude, the fact of the matter is whether you agree or disagree you need to show some respect to the other side of the fence and stop dumbing down their argument to fit your own narrative. If you’re happy enough already with the mediocrity of their animations what does it even hurt you to have those animations improved even more moving forward anyway?

Stop being such a white knight for NRS, they don’t need that at all and nobody here is even bashing them. I’m on their forums and not any other fighting game company’s for a reason, buddy.
Literally quotes me.... Insults me... Then He said That I'm insulting him for only saying to him that If You don't like it to file a complaint. That is a insult?. To suggest You to ally with others to file the complaint?. I don't get it. LMAO.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Literally quotes me.... Insults me... Then He said That I'm insulting him for only saying to him that If You don't like it to file a complaint. That is a insult?. To suggest You to ally with others to file the complaint?. I don't get it. LMAO.
You’re not “insulting me” and I couldn’t give a shit less if you even actually tried to, lbsh. You’re just continuing to drastically misrepresnt arguments (you even did it again by focusing on your complaint filing nonsense that nobody even paid any attention to). Look bro, we get it, NRS has perfect animations and anyone who says otherwise is a paid Capcom shill. :rolleyes:

See... Lets make a complaint thread isolating the issues with animation and possible solutions to the issue. showing frame for frame the animation frames that people don't like for X character and see if They can respond.
Like Atom JI3.
Darkseid walking and jumping with hand in his back.
Post pictures... The ones that are interested in that issue.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Enough back and forth, dude, the fact of the matter is whether you agree or disagree you need to show some respect to the other side of the fence and stop dumbing down their argument to fit your own narrative
I wish this was on top of the page right next to the TYM logo, people on the Internet love their strawmans. It's so obviously disingenuous when people do it in real life that you don't see it nearly as much.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Whomever NRS employee did the character design for Harley Quinn's a freakin genius. That girl fights with so much style and is so adorably nuts.
I like this. It's basically the reason people still bother to play harley. Everything about this B is fun, no matter how low tier she is, she puts a smile on your face with her banter and quirky playstyle.

D

Deleted member 58466

Apparently I haven't seen good video game animations yet. Not surprising, since the only other game I play a lot is Team Fortress 2 and Pokemon. But I haven't noticed any glaring issues with the animation, what is wrong with it?

Again, I can acknowledge that my standards have probably been lowered by playing Team Fortress 2 and Pokemon for such a long time.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Apparently I haven't seen good video game animations yet. Not surprising, since the only other game I play a lot is Team Fortress 2 and Pokemon. But I haven't noticed any glaring issues with the animation, what is wrong with it?

Again, I can acknowledge that my standards have probably been lowered by playing Team Fortress 2 and Pokemon for such a long time.

This guy can come off a little pretentious but it's cause he knows his shit and does a great job of breaking it down.

What Pokemon game you play?

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.

Personal preference imo. Like, I notice some animations that look kinda fucking dumb to me, but in the A.B.I.torial video posted there's others I don't really care about while I'm trying to play the actual game.

Personally, only a few moves, like Starfire's S3, get to me the most. Couldn't really care about most of the others - I get not all of them are perfect but they're just, idk, ranging from slightly below average to alright I guess? Like it's not gamebreaking and I hardly notice it while playing so I'm not gonna make a big mess over it personally. It's just whenever I see that S3 in a game I just go like "...What? How'd that even do damage? She literally poked me with her foot?"

If you don't notice it, more power to ya, but there's... "problems" if you choose to call them that.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Personal preference imo. Like, I notice some animations that look kinda fucking dumb to me, but in the A.B.I.torial video posted there's others I don't really care about while I'm trying to play the actual game.

Personally, only a few moves, like Starfire's S3, get to me the most. Couldn't really care about most of the others - I get not all of them are perfect but they're just, idk, ranging from slightly below average to alright I guess? Like it's not gamebreaking and I hardly notice it while playing so I'm not gonna make a big mess over it personally. It's just whenever I see that S3 in a game I just go like "...What? How'd that even do damage? She literally poked me with her foot?"

If you don't notice it, more power to ya, but there's... "problems" if you choose to call them that.
the more they've been pointed out to me now the more it bothers me. It's like a switch has been flicked. Wish I could turn it off.

Cursa... She can fly... Right?. How come that is impossible to You to imaginate that she levitates a bit... then she does that kick?. That's right... because You think that She's human... guess what!. She is an alien.
It takes to see things from a different point of view to appreciate different things. I mean... Cyborg freaking invoke Popeye's arms from nowhere. and I am not bothered by it... Because He's a freaking 95% robot guy.:DOGE

Cursa

Cursa... She can fly... Right?. How come that is impossible to You to imaginate that she levitates a bit... then she does that kick?. That's right... because You think that She's human... guess what!. She is an alien.
It takes to see things from a different point of view to appreciate different things. I mean... Cyborg freaking invoke Popeye's arms from nowhere. and I am not bothered by it... Because He's a freaking 95% robot guy.:DOGE
That's not a kick imo. Being "alien" doesn't mean she can just kick with 0 effort. To me it looks like she just lifts her leg to her waist height. No extending of her leg, no motion. She just lifts it up.

Also I made literally the entire post about it's up to personal preference as to whether people care about the animation or not. I'm not going to change your mind on it and I expected you to do the same, on top of the fact that most of the animations don't bother me and I don't really even care if they change these or not. Not to mention that this whole discussion has little to do with what the OP said.

Last edited:
That's not a kick imo. Being "alien" doesn't mean she can just kick with 0 effort. To me it looks like she just lifts her leg to her waist height. No extending of her leg, no motion. She just lifts it up.

Also I made literally the entire post about it's up to personal preference as to whether people care about the animation or not. I'm not going to change your mind on it and I expected you to do the same, on top of the fact that most of the animations don't bother me and I don't really even care if they change these or not. Not to mention that this whole discussion has little to do with what the OP said.
She shoots beams with zero effort.
She front back flips in the air to advance and attack the opponent. zero effort.
db2-Turns hair into flames to attack. zero effort
DB3-spin beams all over the place without to the ground into the air. Again zero effort. ( I even thought that was a gear move at first).
She does Wonder woman spin move from Mortal Kombat vs DC as a string. Nonsense move If I were to analyze it.
Maximilian called that move the couchie chopter. LMAO.

She does all that nonsense.... And all You see is the s3. This one looks inoffensive compared to the others. LOOL.

Last edited:

Cursa

She shoots beans with zero effort.
She front back flips in the air to advance and attack the opponent. zero effort.
db2-Turns hair into flames to attack. zero effort
DB3-spin beans all over the place without to the ground into the air. Again zero effort. ( I even thought that was a gear move at first).
She does Wonder woman spin move from DC as a string. Nonsense move If I were to analyze it.
Maximilian called that move the couchie spin LMAO.

She does all that nonsense.... And all You see is the s3. This one looks inoffensive compared to the others. LOOL.
It's not about "zero effort" it's the thing that they way she actually lifts her leg doesn't look like it would do any feasible damage to me

You don't see it the same way I do. If you read the rest of my point you'll understand you're not going to convince me and I'm not going to convince you and it doesn't even matter because it's mostly personal preference. Which is literally fine, as I've mentioned multiple times now, and there's 0 point in even discussing it. And the fact that this entire discussion hasn't got a whole lot of relevance to what the OP is actually talking about.

Deep33

Noob
See... Lets make a complaint thread isolating the issues with animation and possible solutions to the issue. showing frame for frame the animation frames that people don't like for X character and see if They can respond.
Like Atom JI3.
Darkseid walking and jumping with hand in his back.
Post pictures... The ones that are interested in that issue.
Wish they had done some justice to BAMFing Raiden in this game. Raiden from MKX was the most BAMF looking character in any fighting game ever (in my books). They even game him a fatality where he made an opponent deepthroat his thunder staff and said it was because of your predestined fate. It was glorious.

Arrgh, but, look at what they did to him here. Well,,,,,atleast, they made up for it a bit with Harley.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I agree, I think Harley is one of the best designs in the game. Her animations, specials and dialogue are all on point for her character. Her gameplay design is excellent to imo (this has nothing to do with tier lists). She's always fun to watch.

A couple things real quick.. Yes, Darkseid poses with his hands behind his back as part of his character. It's a thing he does. But ABI's video doesn't say he can't stand that way or that his pose is wrong. He goes into how it was HANDLED poorly (there's a pun in there somewhere). DS could have kept his pose and had many of his moves not look stupid.

And.. anyone being an "alien" doesn't suddenly make a poor or awkward animation fine because.. alien? Look, maybe she needs to expend absolutely no effort to kick. She can casually lift her leg and kick your kidney out through your spine... But that doesn't mean when translated into an animation it doesn't look bad.

Now, I'm absolutely not on the "NRS's animation sucks" bandwagon. I love the look of these games.. but that doesn't mean that there aren't some really awkward and really bad animations here and there. That doesn't make the game shit, and a handful of bad sequences doesn't spoil the game as a whole.. but CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from fans has a lot to do with how games evolve. There is nothing wrong with pointing out poorly executed or lazy design choices, but there does need to be context. Oh this character looks really janky.. but these other 12 look really good.

Look at some of the stuff Capcom has done just recently.. Sakura and Falke immediately jump to mind. I'm a huge SF fan, but that shit's not ok. Falke in particular is absolutely awful. Her CA is more than just bad, it's embarrassingly so. Many of her normals are pathetically done. There's no weight and heft to anything she's doing... Not to mention her over-all design.. it's just... Ugh. But Capcom had gotten away with this horseshit for years - so they keep doing it. Why shouldnt they? That's why we should be willing to criticize and analyze and make known our feelings when something is subpar.

Load up MKx and pick Kitana, crouch and run through her buttons (I can't remember which one it is offhand).. you'll find it. THAT is bad lol.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I agree, I think Harley is one of the best designs in the game. Her animations, specials and dialogue are all on point for her character. Her gameplay design is excellent to imo (this has nothing to do with tier lists). She's always fun to watch.

A couple things real quick.. Yes, Darkseid poses with his hands behind his back as part of his character. It's a thing he does. But ABI's video doesn't say he can't stand that way or that his pose is wrong. He goes into how it was HANDLED poorly (there's a pun in there somewhere). DS could have kept his pose and had many of his moves not look stupid.

And.. anyone being an "alien" doesn't suddenly make a poor or awkward animation fine because.. alien? Look, maybe she needs to expend absolutely no effort to kick. She can casually lift her leg and kick your kidney out through your spine... But that doesn't mean when translated into an animation it doesn't look bad.

Now, I'm absolutely not on the "NRS's animation sucks" bandwagon. I love the look of these games.. but that doesn't mean that there aren't some really awkward and really bad animations here and there. That doesn't make the game shit, and a handful of bad sequences doesn't spoil the game as a whole.. but CONSTRUCTIVE criticism from fans has a lot to do with how games evolve. There is nothing wrong with pointing out poorly executed or lazy design choices, but there does need to be context. Oh this character looks really janky.. but these other 12 look really good.

Look at some of the stuff Capcom has done just recently.. Sakura and Falke immediately jump to mind. I'm a huge SF fan, but that shit's not ok. Falke in particular is absolutely awful. Her CA is more than just bad, it's embarrassingly so. Many of her normals are pathetically done. There's no weight and heft to anything she's doing... Not to mention her over-all design.. it's just... Ugh. But Capcom had gotten away with this horseshit for years - so they keep doing it. Why shouldnt they? That's why we should be willing to criticize and analyze and make known our feelings when something is subpar.

Load up MKx and pick Kitana, crouch and run through her buttons (I can't remember which one it is offhand).. you'll find it. THAT is bad lol.
I feel like it has to be Kitana's d3 you're talking about. Where she doesn't even move and just kinda snaps out her leg?