What's new

Harley Quinn Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I'm not a pro-player or anything, but her trait royally fucked her over in the first game. You couldn't depend on it as it was random. Trait aside, I don't think she was Cyborg-tier awful or anything.

As far as BNBs for Injustice 1

Midscreen I go for
> [STARTER]xxTantrum Cartwheel, B3, J2, F23xxSilly Slide, 12xxPlay Doctor
> [STARTER]xxTantrum Cartwheel, B3, J2, B121xxSilly Slide

You could probably optimize these

I'm a complete potato when it comes to corner combos, but I believe you should always end with the Play Doctor re-stand if possible.

Also, if you get a meterburn Pop Cannon you can link a tantrum cartwheel. Ultra gimmicky.

After a Super connects, I always go for a S3xxPlay Doctor as they are falling overhead.
I feel like how bad the trait was is being oversold. Yes, it was random, which kept it from being truly good, but it had safe setups and they were individually pretty great. If they were alone, any option would've been a pretty solid trait.

First combo you list is actually the optimal damage midscreen combo. The second, you probably would want to go with db3, b3, j3, 112~Silly Slide. 112 is a hard knockdown whereas b121 can be tech rolled, and it does more damage. Other notable midscreen options are ending in 12~trait or 12~tantrum roll forward. The trait call is safe and the roll forward actually puts you on the other side of them when you neutral jump, provided they don't tech roll.

I wouldn't say it's always best to end in play doctor in the corner. You pretty much have to stop pressure against anyone with a 6f poke, which is a whole lot of people. Whereas there are plenty of options from 112 oki in the corner that are always viable. She can dash forward and go for neutral jump crossups depending on timing, reverse wakeups with dash~silly slide, meaty command grab, etc. The pop pop gimmicks can actually go a whole lot farther in the corner, too.

Actually going to be one of the first things I look into in I2. Gotta see if this kind of stuff can be made legit.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I feel like how bad the trait was is being oversold. Yes, it was random, which kept it from being truly good, but it had safe setups and they were individually pretty great. If they were alone, any option would've been a pretty solid trait.

First combo you list is actually the optimal damage midscreen combo. The second, you probably would want to go with db3, b3, j3, 112~Silly Slide. 112 is a hard knockdown whereas b121 can be tech rolled, and it does more damage. Other notable midscreen options are ending in 12~trait or 12~tantrum roll forward. The trait call is safe and the roll forward actually puts you on the other side of them when you neutral jump, provided they don't tech roll.

I wouldn't say it's always best to end in play doctor in the corner. You pretty much have to stop pressure against anyone with a 6f poke, which is a whole lot of people. Whereas there are plenty of options from 112 oki in the corner that are always viable. She can dash forward and go for neutral jump crossups depending on timing, reverse wakeups with dash~silly slide, meaty command grab, etc. The pop pop gimmicks can actually go a whole lot farther in the corner, too.

Actually going to be one of the first things I look into in I2. Gotta see if this kind of stuff can be made legit.
Like I said, not a pro. I play a bit online here or there and do just enough to get by. Good tips though. I tend to use re-stands as a crutch I'll admit.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
skip to 4:30
B22 combos into Tantrum again
Play Doctor still gets 8 ticks (2.92 hp)
He claims Harley is identical too. Makes me hopeful that silly slide remains. Kinda wondering if there's more too play doctor now. An extra 23.36 damage just isn't worth a bar, imo. Increased hit advantage, maybe? Or just the standard damage values aren't final thing.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
He claims Harley is identical too. Makes me hopeful that silly slide remains. Kinda wondering if there's more too play doctor now. An extra 23.36 damage just isn't worth a bar, imo. Increased hit advantage, maybe? Or just the standard damage values aren't final thing.
Nah, SS is still gone, most likely gear. Maybe PD has more hit advantage, or maybe it's an actual throw now so it'll tick off her normals.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Nah, SS is still gone, most likely gear. Maybe PD has more hit advantage, or maybe it's an actual throw now so it'll tick off her normals.
Isn't a top tier Harley akin to a flying shark, a diamond garbage pile, or exercise that tastes like hamburgers?

:p

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.