What's new

Harley Quinn Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
It didn't even occur to me that b2 tantrum would work and b22 wouldn't lol. I don't think that's really going to be hit confirmable except off jump ins though. Having to commit isn't a big deal though.

Changes the character a lot for me though. I've always either not had to hitconfirm with her or had silly slide to make hitconfirming easy. This is probably why I'm so shitty at hit confirming in general since she was my first main.
Use it as a punish, and b2 tantrum will most likely become easier to hit by looking for it. It should work out fine, and for f23 you can just go into f1 or something to beat a button or reversal, if f23 is still plus how it is now

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Use it as a punish, and b2 tantrum will most likely become easier to hit by looking for it. It should work out fine, and for f23 you can just go into f1 or something to beat a button or reversal, if f23 is still plus how it is now
Honestly, it would probably be better to try and enforce f23 with tantrum, assuming it's still +12. F1's a high and pokes combo in this game. Just seems like an unnecessary risk.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Currently, b1 and b2 whiff midscreen, at least they did last I checked. Too much pushback, which admittedly may change based on how they block it and the character's hurtbox.
Those are options based on if they try to press a button, or do a reversal. Things might have changed in 2 though

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I'm pretty bummed about the removal of silly slide, but at least her walk speed and d2 look improved over IGAU. Nice clash win animation too.

Since the game has only 3 attack buttons, light,medium,heavy, what do you guys mean by things like f42 etc? I mean in mkx it made sense since there were actually 4. What's the button numeration for injustice?

Yes, and trait is 4, most people do the notation like this for example. (GL: b13 trait, lift, etc)
Thanks bro, also it really doesn't matter what button layout I choose on the controller as long as I use them as the universally set button numbers right?
Ps- also I'm interested in playing Harley, never played injustice before but noticed her new trait is much better imo than the one from inj1.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Thanks bro, also it really doesn't matter what button layout I choose on the controller as long as I use them as the universally set button numbers right?
Ps- also I'm interested in playing Harley, never played injustice before but noticed her new trait is much better imo than the one from inj1.
Yea it doesn't matter. 123 will always mean light medium heavy. I'm still unsure of the trait but I'll know soon

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
You should definitely try her, she was a blast in IGAU despite the issues she had.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
YO!

Do you guys now if she still has her silly slide (BF3)? I'm gonna be sad if I can't do my F23xxSilly Slide conversions anymore.

YO!

Do you guys now if she still has her silly slide (BF3)? I'm gonna be sad if I can't do my F23xxSilly Slide conversions anymore.
Haha I'm more dissapointed I won't be able to slide under tantrum stance people who try to cross you up on wakeup. Was a really good tripguard for people who wanted to avoid HQ's wake up tantrum stance by trying to cross you up.

Last edited:

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I think she can get a full combo off of puppers or maybe silly slide into tantrum would of been cheap because of bud and lou

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I think she can get a full combo off of puppers or maybe silly slide into tantrum would of been cheap because of bud and lou
I suppose you're right; I can imagine Harley having that kind of mobility with her new trait might make her a bit overtuned.

Having said that, there are a disturbing lack of slides in this game, and as a Subby/Sim player I need a slide on my main. I'll be damned if I have to play Green arrow.

I suppose you're right; I can imagine Harley having that kind of mobility with her new trait might make her a bit overtuned.

Having said that, there are a disturbing lack of slides in this game, and as a Subby/Sim player I need a slide on my main. I'll be damned if I have to play Green arrow.
I've heard some negative things about green arrow in inj1, was he bad? Wasn't his trait of frozen arrow like really good? I would think so.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
What were her "issues" in IGAU?
Also can anyone let me know some bnb combos?
In corner I was doing;
B22, TS1, B13, B13, 112xxdbf1MB

@TopTierHarley @CompleteMadness @themilkman014
I'm not a pro-player or anything, but her trait royally fucked her over in the first game. You couldn't depend on it as it was random. Trait aside, I don't think she was Cyborg-tier awful or anything.

As far as BNBs for Injustice 1

Midscreen I go for
> [STARTER]xxTantrum Cartwheel, B3, J2, F23xxSilly Slide, 12xxPlay Doctor
> [STARTER]xxTantrum Cartwheel, B3, J2, B121xxSilly Slide

You could probably optimize these

I'm a complete potato when it comes to corner combos, but I believe you should always end with the Play Doctor re-stand if possible.

Also, if you get a meterburn Pop Cannon you can link a tantrum cartwheel. Ultra gimmicky.

After a Super connects, I always go for a S3xxPlay Doctor as they are falling overhead.

Last edited:

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
What were her "issues" in IGAU?
Also can anyone let me know some bnb combos?
In corner I was doing;
B22, TS1, B13, B13, 112xxdbf1MB

@TopTierHarley @CompleteMadness @themilkman014
Her main issue was she had basically no anti air because up guns was like 23 frames and d2 had a worthless hitbox. Alot of characters jumped at Harley for free. She also had whiffing issues on 112 and after the pushback of a few strings. Her mixups were also easily fuzzyable with a 12f low and 27f overhead.

Smaller issue was her getting outzoned by quite a few characters due to slow startup of guns and losing any trade not with green arrow. She could still counterzone due to the great recovery on the guns, but if she wasn't hitting you and blocking the projectile, she was losing bad. Hell, she barely won trades with Batman's batarangs on block they did so much chip. She actually won that matchup, but that aspect always annoyed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.