What's new

Match-up Discussion Harley Quinn Matchup Discussion

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Random tid bits of stuff I've found.

Flash forward charge is punishable with a reversal tantrum stance full combo (MB too but you gotta duck that)
MB cupcakes autocorrects itself against teleporting characters that try to pop up behind you like Zee, Ares, Shazam and possibly Raven.

MB catdash doesn't go full screen if you back dash when they do it. Been baiting catdashes with Poppop then backlash canceling. Most CW duck block afterwards so I tend to do jump in 2 into F2 or B22.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
Trust me aquaman wins it, i should know i play that character as my secondary.
No jump ins for Harley(his godly AA), water shield to prevent zoning to certain extant, better normals overall, about the same damage with combos, does better close to a wall, even better mix-up game (neither has amazing one)
I feel like this MU is like 3-7 :( correct me if I'm wrong (and obviously give reasons)

Edit: and his trait obviously, no combos for us from TS

Jermball

Noob
Played a few AQs with harley, feels like she does well in that MU. Cant really zone her cuz gunshots beat out ground trident and most of her combos launch so traits kinda useless. What do you guys think of that MU?
crouch buffering aquamans can just duck and immediately seismo you for trying to gunshot (i used to say the same thing you did about that). Harley suffers the worst from his trait, the only viable option to avoid trait is jumping 3 or D2. He just activate trait on the moment he's hit, and can block tantrum stance before you pop up, and even 2U3. He nearly forces harley to play completely different, and you have to constantly stay in the life lead, because his options can beat harley. D2 alone beats out 70% of everything she does. Her best tool is getting aquaman to blow trait and still be able to keep him in mixup range

at the highest level the matchup is still 7-3, maybe 6-4...but 6-4 is giving harley too much credit. aquaman is her worst matchup in the game.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Does anyone have any info on what to do against Wonder Woman?
I'm a Batman main (duh) and this is how I fight WoWo: Zone. Zone. Zone.

Space yourself out and throw shit. Now, if you take this logic and apply it to Harley, who has better zoning and a few further reaching strings than Batman, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Just keep shooting guns, mixing up cupcake bombs, and spacing out your Tantrum 1s/b2s.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
I'm a Batman main (duh) and this is how I fight WoWo: Zone. Zone. Zone.

Space yourself out and throw shit. Now, if you take this logic and apply it to Harley, who has better zoning and a few further reaching strings than Batman, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Just keep shooting guns, mixing up cupcake bombs, and spacing out your Tantrum 1s/b2s.
Hey thanks, i really apprciate. When i had played the WW in tournament today, that seemed to be working. I really should of push blocked more to keep her outta my face. For now, I'll just learn what strings she does and find out which ones are safe and vise versa. Thanks again

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Hey thanks, i really apprciate. When i had played the WW in tournament today, that seemed to be working. I really should of push blocked more to keep her outta my face. For now, I'll just learn what strings she does and find out which ones are safe and vise versa. Thanks again
Yeah as a WW main as well as Harley, you really just want to keep her out. Throw out Pop Pops if you're near full screen along with your gun shots because WW has her Demigoddess's Might move that can hit Harley while also going over gun shots. Pop Pops are bigger so it's much tighter for the WW player to zoom right over it; if thats the case and you're in the right position you can punish her midair. Cupcakes are a given. You basically want to play running away for as long as you can. If you start getting near a corner, bait out a jump in air dash or anything of the sort so you can SS your way right back out or possibly get a combo in where you can switch sides as with 2u3~SS. Harley has crap range in normals that is even more evident in this MU. Don't try jump ins unless you teach them to respect it with her air gun shots because WW also has a huge d2 that leads to either a HKD or an ambiguous crossover, as well as her b2. With combos, try not to go for any setups. Go for optimized combos that end in Play Doctor so you can MB it, or end in HKD so it gives you time to space yourself again. If you DO go for setups though, know that WW has full combo punishable wake ups on block, or MB b3 lol. Lasso spin is an invincible wake up on start up but is -9 on block and you can MB b3 it on a read. Amazonion Uppercut is not an invincible wake up and is -10 I believe on block, BUT you cannot MB b3 because it's a 2 hit special so be mindful of that.

Awkward Sloth

We all know about Saltface's silly slide anti cross up tech correct? Well I was curious to see if we could use that same tech on certain wake up teleports. The ones that are just teleports and not attack teles. So Shazam, Zee, Ares, and Raven (to an extent)

Sadly It looks like it can catch only Zee's tele as long as she doesn't MB it. So if you get Zee in the corner I think this might help to keep the pressure on her.

I could be doing something wrong cause I'm not the most tech Savy guy so if anyone could help confirm this is good or not would be great.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
We all know about Saltface's silly slide anti cross up tech correct? Well I was curious to see if we could use that same tech on certain wake up teleports. The ones that are just teleports and not attack teles. So Shazam, Zee, Ares, and Raven (to an extent)

Sadly It looks like it can catch only Zee's tele as long as she doesn't MB it. So if you get Zee in the corner I think this might help to keep the pressure on her.

I could be doing something wrong cause I'm not the most tech Savy guy so if anyone could help confirm this is good or not would be great.
I think it might be possible but the trick with my anti cross up tech works because I know they will land behind me & I input Tantrum Stance in the reverse direction. This idea truly might work but first we will need to figure out a timing window to do Silly Slide on their wake up which will them give us enough time to see where the teleported & input Tantrum Stance accordingly.

Awkward Sloth

I think it might be possible but the trick with my anti cross up tech works because I know they will land behind me & I input Tantrum Stance in the reverse direction. This idea truly might work but first we will need to figure out a timing window to do Silly Slide on their wake up which will them give us enough time to see where the teleported & input Tantrum Stance accordingly.
Yeah that's what I mean. I can get it to easily work against Zee's teleports but had a hard time getting it to stuff other teles. My exacution isn't all that so I thought I'd ask others opinions.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Yeah that's what I mean. I can get it to easily work against Zee's teleports but had a hard time getting it to stuff other teles. My exacution isn't all that so I thought I'd ask others opinions.
I understand what you mean man. Btw LOVE THE SHIRT!!! It just came in today. I'll wear it at my next tournament. :)

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Any advice for the Deathstroke mtchup? What do i do after i finally knock him down?
You block.

End you combos in 112 cupcake now your at plus. DS now has to guess between another cupcake an airs hot a gunshot. Cupcakes are you best friend.
STAY IN CUPCAKE RANGE.
Every blocked lowshots throw a MB cupcake then dash.

Once you corner him end combo in 112 back dash.
Now he's in cupcake jail :)

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
You block.

End you combos in 112 cupcake now your at plus. DS now has to guess between another cupcake an airs hot a gunshot. Cupcakes are you best friend.
STAY IN CUPCAKE RANGE.
Every blocked lowshots throw a MB cupcake then dash.

Once you corner him end combo in 112 back dash.
Now he's in cupcake jail :)
On a serious note, I need info on the Nightwing MU.........

Awkward Sloth

Just messing around in training mode looking for strings that were throw invulnerable to Grundy's walking corpse special and here's what I found out.
b1 - very strict timing but can beat out a full walking corpse, not the most usefull and I don't believe it works on walking corpse cancels.
2, d3 - The down 3 is the part that actually causes the wiff. strict timing potential to make walking corpse wiff but not that great honestly
F1,2 - By far the best. The 2 is the part that causes walking corpse to wiff and it will beat out walking corpse cancels roughly 70% of the time depending on when they cancel. Its an overhead that has enough hit stun to lead go into a grab, instant j2 or a b2.
Edit: Forgot about Tantrum stance. It'll wiff as long as you're in the "pose" part of tantrum then you can follow up with a 1 into full combo.
Honestly not sure how practical this is but it's something.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I don't know if it's been posted already, but one trick I do in the HQ/Raven MU is to Silly Slide after a knockdown (such as ending combos with 112 into SS), then do her 2b3 over top of her. It blows up her wakeups in a similar fashion to Catwoman's hard knockdown gimmicks, and you can cancel into TS for a full combo.